Fighting depression

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting depression

I have been debating in my mind if I am suffering from depression or just "the blues", it has been going on for a while now, telling my parents isn't really an option, I attempted it and they refused to accept it. I am thinking it was inherited.
    My grandfather, who I never met, suffered from clinical depression that disabled him for days at a time, which I think affected my dad heavily which is why he tries to get my acceptance that he never really experienced. My dad also suffered from very minor depression.
    I being a very conscience believer in not taking prescriptions for such things leaves me with out an answer.
    Anywhoo, What do you guys think I should do?

seek professional help man... internet forums are not for this type of thing. try http://www.webmd.com

Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by tEk View Post
      seek professional help man... internet forums are not for this type of thing. try www.webmd.com
      I don't think talking to someone that charges me $150 + an hour for help would treat this.
      Thanks for the great info.

Comment

Why would you ask people in an online football forum about a serious medical condition?

Comment

Well, I'd talk to a doctor. If you're really against taking medicine for this, I suppose it's your prerogative, but if it is clinical depression then the only way to correct that imbalance is with medication.

Comment

I probably have depression. I don't see how you couldn't after living in this world and being on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
              Why would you ask people in an online football forum about a serious medical condition?
              To invite ridicule, scorn, and negative rep?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                I don't think talking to someone that charges me $150 + an hour for help would treat this.
                Thanks for the great info.
                if your parents have medical insurance for you. i'm sure they do. insurance should pay for the majority of your bills. plus there are psychologist/therapists who charged substantially less than that. or if you are so worried about cash admit yourself to the local psyc clinic.

Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                  To invite ridicule, scorn, and negative rep?
                  Ah, touche'.

Comment

I was on here searching the off topic forum, pulling an all nighter, and starting getting that feeling. Nothing better to do but ask.

Guess I know where not to go when seeking a couple of answers.

P.S. Not suicidal lol.

Comment

I have been debating in my mind if I am suffering from depression or just "the blues", it has been going on for a while now, telling my parents isn't really an option, I attempted it and they refused to accept it. I am thinking it was inherited.
                      My grandfather, who I never met, suffered from clinical depression that disabled him for days at a time, which I think affected my dad heavily which is why he tries to get my acceptance that he never really experienced. My dad also suffered from very minor depression.
                      I being a very conscience believer in not taking prescriptions for such things leaves me with out an answer.
                      Anywhoo, What do you guys think I should do?
                      IMHO, if you aren't feeling depression at least part of the time, then you are an ignorant person. It's nearly impossible to avoid it in today's world. Especially for people with accurate awareness. Just try your best to realize that it's just the f'd up world we live in, and nothing to do with you. People like to give names and prescriptions for "disorders," that are actually just natural human characteristics. You're probably just a sensitive person. Nothing wrong with that. I too, try my best to avoid prescription drugs whenever possible. One suggestion I have would be to go out and sweat. Work out, play basketball, walk a few miles....Something that will release endorphins. It really helps to relieve stress and generally make you feel your best. Try to find the things you enjoy most in life, and try to focus the bulk of your energy on those things. Oh yeah, and make sure you are eating healthy, and sleeping properly. If you have trouble with insomnia, I have a few suggestions for that as well.

Comment

I was on here searching the off topic forum, pulling an all nighter, and starting getting that feeling. Nothing better to do but ask.

Guess I know where not to go when seeking a couple of answers.

P.S. Not suicidal lol.
                        This post doesn't even deserve the pleasure of my sarcasm. Grow up and get over it.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                          IMHO, if you aren't feeling depression at least part of the time, then you are an ignorant person. It's nearly impossible to avoid it in today's world. Especially for people with accurate awareness. Just try your best to realize that it's just the f'd up world we live in, and nothing to do with you. People like to give names and prescriptions for "disorders," that are actually just natural human characteristics. You're probably just a sensitive person. Nothing wrong with that. I too, try my best to avoid prescription drugs whenever possible. One suggestion I have would be to go out and sweat. Work out, play basketball, walk a few miles....Something that will release endorphins. It really helps to relieve stress and generally make you feel your best. Try to find the things you enjoy most in life, and try to focus the bulk of your energy on those things. Oh yeah, and make sure you are eating healthy, and sleeping properly. If you have trouble with insomnia, I have a few suggestions for that as well.
                          Thanks for the suggestions, they had a point and weren't malicious.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                            This post doesn't even deserve the pleasure of my sarcasm. Grow up and get over it.
                            Ok douche bag, your sarcasm isn't wanted and is poorly delivered so take it somewhere else.

Comment

Ok douche bag, your sarcasm isn't wanted and is poorly delivered so take it somewhere else.
                              Go cry in your basement until you get the courage to find the emo trend. Poorly delivered, have you actually read the garbage you post?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information