No announcement yet.

Jay-Z vs. Jim Jones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BROOKLYN!! jim jones dipset they are garbage juelz santana is worst rapper ever. jr writter needs a writter cus he is terrible. jim jones is not even a rapper.
    Jay z is michael jordan of recordin,
    jay z is the best rapper alive when it is all said and done
    who ever voted for jim jones needs to stick with there rock and roll

Comment

Why don't these guys just do it like men instead of this ***** **** they do now? Grow a pair and take care of this in person instead of doing it with lyrics and through the media.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

i got stronger after ether...........WOW

my fav part of the song... not sure how to spell tohugh

the black album was unbelievable... i dont think kingdom come was that bad but its kind of a let down

Go Ravens!

Comment

Anyone that thinks Jay-z is the best rapper alive needs to stick to rock.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff
            i knew i was going to see a comment from you when i wrote that. well jay z is the best rapper alive olny way he isnt if you still think tupacs alive

Jay z >>>> rakim& nas

Comment

Originally posted by jets future
              Originally posted by snuff
              i knew i was going to see a comment from you when i wrote that. well jay z is the best rapper alive olny way he isnt if you still think tupacs alive

Jay z >>>> rakim& nas
              Listen to more underground rap. You'll see that a lot of the mainstream guys can't hold a candle to a lot of the underground rappers.

Comment

i am not into to much of old school rap well im olny 14 but i liked rap in the mid and late 90s with biggie, jay z, 2 pac, nas. i started to listen to some underground rappers but i dont think some of them cant match any where near biggie, or jay z or like nas. but underground rappers are really good lyricists

Comment

If you play football and you walk out to the field, there are 2 songs you need to hear, Jim Jones We Fly High and UNK's Walk It Out. Ballin is a HUGE pump up song and Jay-z's album doesnt have one, its more for just a drive'n CD. just stick to Southern Style DJ's

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat
                    If you play football and you walk out to the field, there are 2 songs you need to hear, Jim Jones We Fly High and UNK's Walk It Out. Ballin is a HUGE pump up song and Jay-z's album doesnt have one, its more for just a drive'n CD. just stick to Southern Style DJ's
                    Is that really you Scott Wells, Center for the Packers?
                    I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Jones is garbage. Enough said.
                      Cheers to Michigan winters...

Comment

I do not hate the new jay z album.

Comment

Jim Jones is garbage.. Jay Z wins by default.

Comment

Originally posted by jets future
                            i am not into to much of old school rap well im olny 14 but i liked rap in the mid and late 90s with biggie, jay z, 2 pac, nas. i started to listen to some underground rappers but i dont think some of them cant match any where near biggie, or jay z or like nas. but underground rappers are really good lyricists
                            Try Immortal Technique, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Papoose, Cormega, AZ and Sway for more recent underground guys.

Nas is the best rapper dead or alive due to his effortless flow, varied subject matter, compex rhymes, voice and long, mostly consistant career. One Mic alone is enough to love this guy, even if sometimes his hooks and production let him down and have reduced his mainstream success.

Biggie had as good a talent as any rapper and either him or AZ has the best flow IMO. He had some great songs, with good productions and hooks too. Overall he was too lazy in life and combined with a early death meant that he didn't give us enough material for him to be considered in the top 3.

Most of the Jay Z I've heard is pretty poor and the sterotypical content of his raps leave a lot to be desired. The only saving grace that I've heard is some of the clever word play he used in the early part of his career. Like many mainstream artists his production is mostly good, but that isn't down to him as much as it is to the producer.
                            Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                            #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

I hate Immortal Technique. I hate rappers that try too hard to sound smart.

Theres a misconception with rap that good rappers have to use complex vocabulary and have alot of content in their lyrics. Thats not necessarily the case.

A great rapper comes off natural, nothing is forced, everything is smooth, and it almost sounds like he's having a conversation with you. You pick up everything he's saying in the first listen. You don't have to sound all fancy to sound good. Jay-Z put it best when he said

"Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice,
                              It just means you don't understand all the bull---t that he write"

And its true. Alot of the stuff that these intellectual rappers spit, is just that, bull---t. Take Ras Kass for example. In his song Interview with a Vampire, he says a bunch of incorrect ****, but he plays it off like he's all smart, when in fact, he's incorrect in most of his statements. Same goes with his song "Nature of the Threat".

That doesn't mean that all "intellectual rap" is bogus though. But most is. One Mic by Nas I felt was arguably the best written song Ive ever heard. Thats a good example of intellectual rap well executed. Canibus...he's an example of it not being executed properly. Its too forced.

A great MC is not just great at putting words together, but they must have the total package.

Flow, lyrics, wittiness, versatility, personality, rap voice. Guys like Jay-Z, Andre 3000, Biggie, Nas, they are the total package. Guys like Canibus are not. His flow is garbage, and he can only make one style of rap music.

Oh and to answer the question....Jim Jones is garbage. Jay-Z all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                                I hate Immortal Technique. I hate rappers that try too hard to sound smart.

Theres a misconception with rap that good rappers have to use complex vocabulary and have alot of content in their lyrics. Thats not necessarily the case.

A great rapper comes off natural, nothing is forced, everything is smooth, and it almost sounds like he's having a conversation with you. You pick up everything he's saying in the first listen. You don't have to sound all fancy to sound good. Jay-Z put it best when he said

"Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice,
                                It just means you don't understand all the bull---t that he write"

And its true. Alot of the stuff that these intellectual rappers spit, is just that, bull---t. Take Ras Kass for example. In his song Interview with a Vampire, he says a bunch of incorrect ***********, but he plays it off like he's all smart, when in fact, he's incorrect in most of his statements. Same goes with his song "Nature of the Threat".

That doesn't mean that all "intellectual rap" is bogus though. But most is. One Mic by Nas I felt was arguably the best written song Ive ever heard. Thats a good example of intellectual rap well executed. Canibus...he's an example of it not being executed properly. Its too forced.

A great MC is not just great at putting words together, but they must have the total package.

Flow, lyrics, wittiness, versatility, personality, rap voice. Guys like Jay-Z, Andre 3000, Biggie, Nas, they are the total package. Guys like Canibus are not. His flow is garbage, and he can only make one style of rap music.
                                Regretably, I disagree with most of which you said, but thats mainly due to fundermental differences rather than you having a poor argument. If I wasn't a big fan of the subgenre you describe as "interllectual" rap, objectively I could see where you were coming from.

For me music starts and ends with the lyrics. The hook and production contribute for about 30% of my opinion on any song. The lyrics are determined by complexity, flow and overall message. Without flow it sucks as music and should be left for poetry. Without a message the song a purpose for listening to it. Without complexity their is nothing that seperates it from other songs. I listen to music not to relax but to encage.

Immortal Technique is an excellent rapper, his interlect aside. He has natural flow, either at a fast or slow pace. He is a good battle rapper, proved by the fact he has won the majority of his freestyles. Rapping really comes naturally to him. This doesn't set him apart though, he is clearly a rapper that appeals to fans of political rap.

Rappers like 50 Cent, Jay Z and Snoop Dogg are just all the same and in not thinking about their music they are basically copying about 50 other songs with each of their tracks. I don't care how they are saying it, what they are saying is mostly boring. Flow alone shouldn't get them as far as they do. Opinions shouldn't be based on success or Media bias.

As Tech says "Going platinum has nothing to do with luck it just means a million people are stupid as...."
                                Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                                #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information