Nintendo Wii Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njx9
    i'd rather play mario kart or mario tennis (best game ever, i'm a bit scared one of my friends will get killed if it comes out for wii). the mini games always entertained me for like ten minutes. there was just never a massive amount of replayability to the game, imo. i guess if there was enough beer involved..
    Mario Tennis is awesome. It gets pretty intense when you're playing with or against friends. I probably like Gamecube's version better because it's updated, but I think of them as one. However, Mario Kart 64 is better than Double Dash because of it's sheer greatness. I have a hard time determining if I think either it or Super Mario 64 is the greatest game I've ever played.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• SSX Blur is legit. It takes a while to get teh hang of it, but after you figure it out, it is an adrenaline rush.
      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Anyone have any Virtual Console games?
        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• It is hard to find the power cards in retail stores anymore. They all seem to be charging high markup. I also don't trust the wireless Wii console system to take my credit card and not share the info. Just seems shady to use the wireless network like that.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
            Mario Tennis is awesome. It gets pretty intense when you're playing with or against friends. I probably like Gamecube's version better because it's updated, but I think of them as one. However, Mario Kart 64 is better than Double Dash because of it's sheer greatness. I have a hard time determining if I think either it or Super Mario 64 is the greatest game I've ever played.
            I think Double Dash and Kart 64 are both awesome in their own ways. I love both of them separately. I think Nintendo did a fantastic job on both of these games because they are playable even now.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Personally, I cannot wait until they come out with a Mario Tennis game for the Wii. I'm interested to see how they manage to do movement and the swing with the Wiimote.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                the thing i hate about the gamecube version is the difference in how you move when taking a swing. in one, the swing stops you dead, and in the other, it doesn't (can't remember which is which). i'm terrible if we switch systems.
                I hate those special shots in Gamecube, because I never know how to use them, but the comp players use them all the time. You'll make a great shot, and you think you'll get the point, but the use their "reach" shot and save it. Uggh. I just turn the special shots off before games.

Oh yeah, I got Super Paper Mario yesterday. Pretty good so far.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• I heard good things about Super Paper Mario, but I never tried Paper Mario anything. I get the idea, but it seems kind of kiddy. As a 27 year old guy, I don't know if it's really my thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    I think Double Dash and Kart 64 are both awesome in their own ways. I love both of them separately. I think Nintendo did a fantastic job on both of these games because they are playable even now.
                    Agreed. I played Double Dash a few days ago, in fact, first time in awhile.

I forgot if I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but Mario Superstar Baseball is another great game. I also played that a few days ago. At one time I used to play it exclusively.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                      I heard good things about Super Paper Mario, but I never tried Paper Mario anything. I get the idea, but it seems kind of kiddy. As a 27 year old guy, I don't know if it's really my thing.
                      I get your point. It's rated E (like most Mario games), but it plays like any other Mario adventure game. I'm a Mario geek, so I can't pass up on a major Mario game. Although, I did pass on Mario Party 8. I may get it eventually, but I'm gonna wait.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

I get your point. It's rated E (like most Mario games), but it plays like any other Mario adventure game. I'm a Mario geek, so I can't pass up on a major Mario game. Although, I did pass on Mario Party 8. I may get it eventually, but I'm gonna wait.
                        I wish I would've gotten Paper Mario instead of MP8 but it's not terrible.

Comment

Mario Strikers: Charged sounds ok. i dunno about soccer on the wii.

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                            Mario Strikers: Charged sounds ok. i dunno about soccer on the wii.
                            Yeah, I love soccer but I don't know how they're going to make that work. Also, I saw that NBA live '08 will be coming out for Wii, though not for a while. It will be interesting to see how these 2 games take advantage of the motion sensor.

Comment

• http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?No=0&N=138+102
                              only 15 sports game through year one?
                              i hope more pop up.

Comment

• BTW i found Wii Points Cards at Target. 2000 points for 19.99.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information