Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisdom Teeth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wisdom Teeth

    Yea, they're coming out next Friday. I have to get all 4 pulled at the same time and I'm nervous as hell. I've never been operated on and I've never been knocked out and I'm freaking out about it. Yea I know it's just wisdom teeth but since I've never been operated on before, it scares the hell out of me.

    Any advice for those who have been through surgery before, preferable those who've had their wisdom teeth taken out?


    Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

    Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

  • #2
    I had mine taken out December of 2005 and make sure you do the Salt Water Rising very well. Unlike myself i had a Dry Socket and had to get stuff put into the hole where the tooth was because mine werent out yet. Also being Knocked out is probably the best part. You wont feel anything until you wake up.
    Last edited by The Dynasty; 05-22-2007, 11:16 PM.



    Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

    Comment


    • #3
      I haven't had mine out yet.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

      Comment


      • #4
        It's natural to be a little worried going into any type of surgery (especially anything where you are "knocked out"); however, it's a routine operation.

        Here's what you can probably expect:
        1. You'll sit in a comfortable, dentist-like chair and they'll hook you up to an IV.
        2. They'll probably ask you to count down backwards from 10. Most people make it to about 8 before they are COMPLETELY unconscious (i.e. it doesn't take very long).
        3. You'll wake up and it'll all be over. Your mouth will be stuffed with gauze (which you'll likely sense are there but won't necessarily "feel" them due to the anesthetics, if that makes sense) and you'll probably be a little groggy. You should have someone give you a ride home (just to be on the safe side).

        For the next several hours, it's likely that your mouth will bleed quite a bit (which can be scary if you don't like blood); but that's pretty ordinary. Also, your face will be pretty numb -- which can make it difficult/frustrating to take your painkillers but nothing too bad.

        HERE'S THE BIG THING TO WATCH OUT FOR:
        The doctor will probably tell you about cleaning the sockets (once you remove the gauze) and will give you saline solution and a little squirter-thingy. ***MAKE SURE TO CLEAN YOUR SOCKETS REGULARLY AND THOROUGHLY (basically follow your doctor's cleaning instructions, religiously)*** The last thing that you want is to get "dry sockets," which can be VERY painful.

        So...essentially, the surgery is a breeze. Just make sure to pay careful attention to cleaning/hygiene of the sockets afterwards...

        Best of luck...

        Comment


        • #5
          Make sure he pulls out the right teeth. You don't want to be looking like Michael Strahan for the rest of your life.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MicktheGreat View Post
            It's natural to be a little worried going into any type of surgery (especially anything where you are "knocked out"); however, it's a routine operation.

            Here's what you can probably expect:
            1. You'll sit in a comfortable, dentist-like chair and they'll hook you up to an IV.
            2. They'll probably ask you to count down backwards from 10. Most people make it to about 8 before they are COMPLETELY unconscious (i.e. it doesn't take very long).
            3. You'll wake up and it'll all be over. Your mouth will be stuffed with gauze (which you'll likely sense are there but won't necessarily "feel" them due to the anesthetics, if that makes sense) and you'll probably be a little groggy. You should have someone give you a ride home (just to be on the safe side).

            For the next several hours, it's likely that your mouth will bleed quite a bit (which can be scary if you don't like blood); but that's pretty ordinary. Also, your face will be pretty numb -- which can make it difficult/frustrating to take your painkillers but nothing too bad.

            HERE'S THE BIG THING TO WATCH OUT FOR:
            The doctor will probably tell you about cleaning the sockets (once you remove the gauze) and will give you saline solution and a little squirter-thingy. ***MAKE SURE TO CLEAN YOUR SOCKETS REGULARLY AND THOROUGHLY (basically follow your doctor's cleaning instructions, religiously)*** The last thing that you want is to get "dry sockets," which can be VERY painful.

            So...essentially, the surgery is a breeze. Just make sure to pay careful attention to cleaning/hygiene of the sockets afterwards...

            Best of luck...
            Thanks man, I appreciate it. I realize it's not a big operation, but I've never been in surgery before so it's scary for me.


            Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

            Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah I wouldn't sweat it. I know a few people who have had it recently and they didn't act like it was a big deal.

              On a side has anyone ever had anything on their skin removed? I got some mark cut out because my mom insisted and it was freaking sweet, they numbed it and I felt nothing but I could see blood all over the place haha.

              Comment


              • #8
                Consider yourself lucky. That's all I have to say.

                I had all four of my wisdom teeth yanked when I had jaw surgery two summers ago. My face was swollen threefold and I spent two months with my mouth wired shut, living strictly on slop tasting protein liquid.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                  Yea, they're coming out next Friday. I have to get all 4 pulled at the same time and I'm nervous as hell. I've never been operated on and I've never been knocked out and I'm freaking out about it. Yea I know it's just wisdom teeth but since I've never been operated on before, it scares the hell out of me.

                  Any advice for those who have been through surgery before, preferable those who've had their wisdom teeth taken out?
                  I had mine taken out in August 2006. You will feel good when you're done. However the next day you start to swell and your mouth hurts. The next day your mouth gets worse. The third day you reach your peak pain. You look like a chipmunk and you cant eat because it hurts so much. You feel miserable. You're tired. After the third day, you start to get better. The recovery time is about one week.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    is it necessarily for everyone to get their wisdom teeth removed?

                    im 19 and i haven't and there hasn't even been any talk of it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                      is it necessarily for everyone to get their wisdom teeth removed?

                      im 19 and i haven't and there hasn't even been any talk of it
                      No it's not necessary for everyone. The reason they pull them in the first place is because wisdom teeth crowd your jaw and mess up the alignment of your other teeth. Some people have larger mouths and their wisdom teeth don't affect the other teeth.

                      It's really not a big deal, I had mine out last summer, it hurts at first, it bleeds a lot, but it's really not that big of a deal. Real solid food tastes amazing once you're able to eat it again after you get your wisdom teeth taken out.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                        No it's not necessary for everyone. The reason they pull them in the first place is because wisdom teeth crowd your jaw and mess up the alignment of your other teeth. Some people have larger mouths and their wisdom teeth don't affect the other teeth.

                        It's really not a big deal, I had mine out last summer, it hurts at first, it bleeds a lot, but it's really not that big of a deal. Real solid food tastes amazing once you're able to eat it again after you get your wisdom teeth taken out.
                        My mouth bled for hours.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MP123 View Post
                          My mouth bled for hours.
                          That's why you gots ta gauze it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hey sweetness you know there is this thing being called " locked up" that happens to people who go under the knife where they are unable to move or let the doctors know they can feel everything going on during the surgery?(imagine that pain) Anyways, have a nice time under the knife, it's scary as hell.

                            What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

                            2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                              Hey sweetness you know there is this thing being called " locked up" that happens to people who go under the knife where they are unable to move or let the doctors know they can feel everything going on during the surgery?(imagine that pain) Anyways, have a nice time under the knife, it's scary as hell.
                              Thanks TT, just what I wanted to hear. :D


                              Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information