Clear All

Bang The Drum Slowly
    Catcher In The Rye
    The Grapes Of Wrath

are my favorites.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

for any History nerds:

No Ordinary Time-it was about Franklin and Elenor Roosevelt's white house years. i cannot even count the number of times i was shocked and amazed while reading that book.

Comment

The Count of Monte Cristo will always be my favorite book.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
          for any History nerds:

No Ordinary Time-it was about Franklin and Elenor Roosevelt's white house years. i cannot even count the number of times i was shocked and amazed while reading that book.
          i should pick it up, i'm a sucker for FDR
          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
            for any History nerds:

I'll have to read that one. I'm a history nerd.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Finished up reading "Next Man Up" by John Feinstein and am currently about to start on "The Ambler Warning" by Robert Ludlum.

Kinda off topic I guess, but does anyone have anymore football books they want to recommend?

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                Finished up reading "Next Man Up" by John Feinstein and am currently about to start on "The Ambler Warning" by Robert Ludlum.

Kinda off topic I guess, but does anyone have anymore football books they want to recommend?
                There was a book about being an owner of a football team by Mike Lupica, although I can't remember the title. Wasn't really about football too much, but still pretty good.

Comment

I liked Benjamin Franklin... but it was very hard for me to read.

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan View Post

The Ambler Warning was very good and surprising, makes you think. at least, i think that i am thinking of the right one as i have read a lot of Robert Ludlum, he writes a ton of good books.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

personally, i kinda like the "thriller" genre of books with recurring characters, some of my favorite authors are

Clive Cussler-very talented writer who's books can keep one occupied for a whole summer as he has written a ton featuring Dirk Pitt, others featuring Kurt Austin, and others featuring The Oregon

Jack DuBrul-same genre as Cussler but features Philip Mercer who is a geologist

Vince Flynn-political thrillers that feature Mitch Rapp who is a counter-terrorism operative

Dan Brown-wrote The Davinci Code and others; i like how i am learning things as i read

Robert Ludlum-talented writer who's books include all of the Bourne books, also wrote a ton

James Patterson-has written numerous best-sellers

Tom Clancy-very technical writer and goes in-depth with all of the specifications of different things used, such as submarines. books feature Jack Ryan

James Grippando-novels feature Jack Swyteck, a miami defense attorney; more gory and graphic

ya, i read a lot

Comment

also, i never really liked the classic books that were required reading such as Lord of the Flies, The Odyssey, and Of Mice and Men. maybe i just have something against reading for anything other than fun

Comment

idk if anyone else has read Tears of a Tiger.. very good book, emotional though

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

Im not a huge fan of non-fiction books but i like The Things They Carried it isnt 100% all true but its based on true stories, i forget the author. But im mostly bout fiction, i find most non fiction books sort of boring.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                          Originally posted by TitanHope
                          R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                          He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
                            Im not a huge fan of non-fiction books but i like The Things They Carried it isnt 100% all true but its based on true stories, i forget the author. But im mostly bout fiction, i find most non fiction books sort of boring.
                            The idea behind The Things They Carried is that it's all pretty much made up. The theme is the fact that you can't tell a true story about war and make the reader feel the same emotion you did; you have to make one up and move them with it. The truth is, by telling them your made-up story, they'll actually feel closer to the emotions you experienced.

It's by Tim O'Brien btw.

also, rainbeukid, check out Dale Brown. His writing is kinda like taking a Tom Clancy story, making it Air Force instead of Navy, then write it in the style of Clive Cussler. He wrote alot too.

Sig by DChess

Comment

Since everyone here loved Lord of the Flies so much, you should all read The Beach by Alex Garland. It's pretty much the same featuring adults (Garland also wrote 28 Days Later, as well as The Coma, which is an amazing book).

Train by Pete Dexter is a very good novel. I also enjoy anything by Chuck Palahniuk (he wrote Fight Club, but I liked Survivor and Choke more than Fight Club). I also like pretty much all Stephen King, John Grisham, and Vonnegut. I loathe Koontz.

I'm currently reading The Slaughterhouse-Five by Vonnegut.

Dan Brown is a horrible author. Reading his books honestly makes me feel like vomiting. His writing style is atrocious. I've tried reading two of his books, and ended up giving them both away.
                              Last edited by frogstomp; 06-11-2007, 11:57 PM.

Comment

The Things they Carried was one of the few books I was forced to read in High School that I actually enjoyed.

Anyway, I just got finished reading Neil Gaiman's American Gods and the sequel Anansi's Boys. Both were excellent, and I urge anyone here to read something (anything) by Gaiman. He's an excellent writer.

Next on my plate is The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information