Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Capitol One Bowl: Wisconsin Vs. Arkansas (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1020)

GB12 12-03-2006 07:20 PM

Capitol One Bowl: Wisconsin Vs. Arkansas

Discuss.

snuff 12-03-2006 07:22 PM

Wisconsin. Casey Dick sucks.

richdg 12-03-2006 07:23 PM

The badgers will win. no one runs the ball or stops the run as well as they do. Plus, they have a QB that doesn't make mistakes.

Fred Savage 12-03-2006 07:24 PM

Arkansas. Although Casey Dick does indeed blow I feel Arkansas will win.

doingthisinsteadofwork 12-03-2006 07:25 PM

McFadden's gonna run all over Wisconsin.

danman253 12-03-2006 07:32 PM

Arkansas

Nitschke-Hawk 12-03-2006 07:38 PM

Wisconsin is actually kind of an SEC style team, great defense and wont blow you away offense, hopefully their defense can hold down Run DMC cause I'm taking Wisconsin.

diabsoule 12-03-2006 08:07 PM

I think this match-up is better than some of the BCS match-ups. Capital One really scored big time booking this game.

It's kind of hard to pick who wins this game but I'm going to go with Arkansas, but my vote can be persuaded either way depending on who the starting QB is for AR.

TCU 12-03-2006 08:09 PM

this is a better game than the Fiesta and Orange Bowl

GB12 12-03-2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule
I think this match-up is better than some of the BCS match-ups. Capital One really scored big time booking this game.

It's kind of hard to pick who wins this game but I'm going to go with Arkansas, but my vote can be persuaded either way depending on who the starting QB is for AR.

I would have liked it to be LSU but It should still be a good game.

Boston 12-03-2006 08:12 PM

Too bad Ikegwuono had to be a dumbass and go get himself arrested.

GB12 12-03-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boston
Too bad Ikegwuono had to be a dumbass and go get himself arrested.

Yeah, that's going to hurt.

diabsoule 12-03-2006 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:

I'm glad Arkansas got in there. LSU deserved a BCS bowl and got one, even though I was hoping they would be smelling roses instead of licking sugar. I don't know why the Rose chose USC over LSU. At least LSU's losses came to top 10 teams on the road. I would have liked a Michigan/LSU matchup a whole lot better than a LSU/Notre Dame matchup.

Notre Dame should be playing Wisconsin in the Capital One bowl and Auburn should be playing USC in the Sugar.

GB12 12-03-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm glad Arkansas got in there. LSU deserved a BCS bowl and got one, even though I was hoping they would be smelling roses instead of licking sugar. I don't know why the Rose chose USC over LSU. At least LSU's losses came to top 10 teams on the road. I would have liked a Michigan/LSU matchup a whole lot better than a LSU/Notre Dame matchup.

Notre Dame should be playing Wisconsin in the Capital One bowl and Auburn should be playing USC in the Sugar.

That'd put 3 SEC teams in the BCS...

diabsoule 12-03-2006 08:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I know, I know. In a perfect world there would be a playoff system. In a semi-perfect world more than one team from a conference would make it into the BCS bowl games. Since we're dealing with neither we're stuck with Notre Dame being an Independent and screwing things up.

Vince Lombardi 12-03-2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I know, I know. In a perfect world there would be a playoff system. In a semi-perfect world more than one team from a conference would make it into the BCS bowl games. Since we're dealing with neither we're stuck with Notre Dame being an Independent and screwing things up.

2 teams from the same conference can play BCS games, Mich & Ohio St.....

The Unseen 12-03-2006 09:05 PM

Yeah, this could be a pretty good game...

I'd go with Arkansas in a nail-biter...I'll say by 1

4pAc 12-03-2006 09:09 PM

Arkansas would win if D-Mac is 100%
They went away from the wild cat in the game against UF because D-mac was playing hurt most of the game and if that ankle didnt twist, I still think they would 've won (and take Fish off the special team)

weezer1195 12-03-2006 09:19 PM

I dont see how arkansas will be able to win this game without just some assistance from the quarterback position. Its scary to think how good theyd be if they had someone competent under center.

yodabear 12-03-2006 09:41 PM

Badgers

GB12 12-03-2006 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yodachu
Badgers

I knew there was a reason why I liked you.

diabsoule 12-03-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

2 teams from the same conference can play BCS games, Mich & Ohio St.....

LSU and Florida are in it too but I'm not counting the National Championship game.

yodabear 12-03-2006 09:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by yodachu
Badgers

I knew there was a reason why I liked you.

The Badgers should be in a BCS game, but becuase of a BS rule they wrote before when there was only 8 teams in the BCS.

someone447 12-03-2006 10:17 PM

So after Wisconsin wins by a good margin 10-14, will they get the respect they deserve? Maybe a preseason top 5 next years, since they are returning just about their entire team.

detroit4life 12-03-2006 10:26 PM

this could be a better game then some of the bcs games but arkansas will will it