Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Rookie of the Year (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1056)

WhisperSeek 12-10-2006 08:57 PM

Rookie of the Year

Right now it's between MJD, VY...then a I'd say, lagging right behind is Coltson, Addai, and (media-god) Bush.

Who will win it? Who would win it if season ended today?

sweetness34 12-10-2006 08:58 PM

There's already a topic on this. :?

smittyjs 12-10-2006 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetness34
There's already a topic on this. :?

And now there is a poll

smittyjs 12-10-2006 09:00 PM

Someone in the AFC South :wink:....

Draft King 12-10-2006 09:00 PM

As I said in the Marques Colston thread, it looks like Vince Young is going to win this award right now, he is carrying a very average team on his back and I regret ever doubting him coming out of the draft.

Geo 12-10-2006 09:02 PM

I don't know if I'd place it all on Young. Travis Henry has returned to his Pro Bowl form of a few years prior, and that front seven - especially the LBs - and Pac-man are making great plays for the team.

JETS5128 12-10-2006 09:03 PM

Definetly Young

Draft King 12-10-2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo
I don't know if I'd place it all on Young. Travis Henry has returned to his Pro Bowl form of a few years prior, and that front seven - especially the LBs - and Pac-man are making great plays for the team.

I might have exaggerated a little when I said he was carrying that team on his back, but you have to admit the things he has done for that team are astounding.

The Unseen 12-10-2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo

This is my point.

Young has done well. He's just not this greatness that everyone makes him out to be.

NIN1984 12-10-2006 09:05 PM

Vince Young

Geo 12-10-2006 09:08 PM

Don't get me wrong, Young has made plays. He's extending drives with his arm and his feet so that they are converted into scoring drives, which also help keep the defense off the field, and so on.

He's done a better job than I thought he would, but I'd give a good deal of credit to the aforementioned players as well as Norm Chow for making that happen.

yodabear 12-10-2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIN1984
Vince Young

Moses 12-10-2006 09:08 PM

Vince Young.

How many times did we hear stuff like this before the draft:

"He's too stupid to play in the pros."

"He won't be able to run in the NFL because the linebackers are too fast."

Finsfan79 12-10-2006 09:23 PM

Hard to go against colston he has been absolutely amazing.

keylime_5 12-10-2006 09:28 PM

Vince Young is inhuman. He's already a great quaterback and he hasn't even started but about a dozen games as a pro

Shiver 12-10-2006 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5
Vince Young is inhuman. He's already a great quaterback and he hasn't even started but about a dozen games as a pro

Don't say that! The purists will bring out the stats sheet and claim he's a running back playing out of position. :roll:

TCU 12-10-2006 09:32 PM

Addai is more consistant than Drew, who had one good game so of course everyone is going to jump on him.

Colston no doubt wins it.

sweetness34 12-10-2006 09:32 PM

Devin Hester wins it!

The Unseen 12-10-2006 09:32 PM

The poll says "will be".

Therefore, I vote VY.

BTW, did anyone else hear Sterling Sharpe's insistence on calling him "VY" all the time? Kinda funny when Collinsworth called him out for it.

WhisperSeek 12-10-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCU
Addai is more consistant than Drew, who had one good game so of course everyone is going to jump on him.

You don't watch many Jaguar games, do you?

Shiver 12-10-2006 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhisperSeek
Quote:

Originally Posted by TCU

He must not.

The Unseen 12-10-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhisperSeek
Quote:

Originally Posted by TCU

He must not.

Pretty much. He's been consistent in his play throughout the season, and this is the capper.

smittyjs 12-10-2006 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCU

Colston no doubt wins it.

Addai didn't do anything today, Drew has made plays in every game he has been in.

Basileus777 12-10-2006 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo

The question is, would Henry be performing at this level if Young wasn't playing? Its hardly a coincidence that the running game opened up when Young started. Young forces teams to respect his running ability and opens up the running game for Henry.

Young is not solely responsible for the Titans recent success, but he has probably contributed more towards it more than any other single player on that team.

smittyjs 12-10-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo

The question is, would Henry be performing at this level if Young wasn't playing? Its hardly a coincidence that the running game opened up when Young started. Young forces teams to respect his running ability and opens up the running game for Henry.

Young is not solely responsible for the Titans recent success, but he has probably contributed more towards it more than any other single player on that team.

Good point there, but Henry's game is overall better this year, missing four games last year killed and he was never able to get anything going.