Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   The Official Harry Potter Discussion Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10960)

badgerbacker 07-05-2007 07:13 PM

The Official Harry Potter Discussion Thread

With the new movie and the final book both coming out pretty soon, I thought it was appropriate to begin a Harry Potter thread. Don't try to pretend like you aren't into this teenaged magician...

You can use this to post predictions as to what you think will happen in the last book, or just to talk about how pumped you are for both the movie and last book to finally be released.

scottyboy 07-05-2007 07:15 PM

i gotta read book 5 again before the movie, it was soo long ago i barely remember it...

RoyHall#1 07-05-2007 07:22 PM

I was going to make a thread about book 7, but I was never a fan of the movies. Probably because it's impossible to live up to the books awesomeness. Anyways, does anyone here disagree that R.A.B is Regulus Black?

M.O.T.H. 07-05-2007 07:25 PM

I have never read a Harry Potter book...never got into it...

Cashmoney 07-05-2007 07:27 PM

Harry Potter is the shizzle dizzle

badgerbacker 07-05-2007 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectricEye (Post 496836)
Snape kills Dumbledore..
Wait...no, that's old.
Voldemort kills Hermione.

I agree that Hermione will be killed. You know that one of the big three has to die, and I don't think JK has the stones to make it be Harry. Ron is the other possibility, but plays a much larger role in Harry's life than Hermione.

What I would like to see happen...although highly doubt it will: Harry must die in order for Voldemort to die because their lives are so interconnected. I also thought it would be pretty sweet if the last horcrux was Harry's scar. As I stated before though, I don't think JK Rowling has the guts to kill Harry and so I don't think this will happen.

HoopsDemon12 07-05-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgerbacker (Post 496855)
I agree that Hermione will be killed. You know that one of the big three has to die, and I don't think JK has the stones to make it be Harry. Ron is the other possibility, but plays a much larger role in Harry's life than Hermione.

What I would like to see happen...although highly doubt it will: Harry must die in order for Voldemort to die because their lives are so interconnected. I also thought it would be pretty sweet if the last horcrux was Harry's scar. As I stated before though, I don't think JK Rowling has the guts to kill Harry and so I don't think this will happen.

is the better way to end a series? kill the main character

wiscbadgerfootball 07-05-2007 07:37 PM

I should re-read the 6th..

HoopsDemon12 07-05-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball (Post 496874)
I should re-read the 6th..

don't feel bad i quit half way through the 4th

wiscbadgerfootball 07-05-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 (Post 496884)
don't feel bad i quit half way through the 4th

I just feel bad about not remember enough of the 6th

HoopsDemon12 07-05-2007 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball (Post 496893)
I just feel bad about not remember enough of the 6th

i used to be into it rank... then i dont know it jsut kind of lost interest to me .. i tried to get back into them but i just could not do it

RoyHall#1 07-05-2007 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgerbacker (Post 496855)

I wouldn't mind much if Ron died, he has always been my least favorite main character. Who do you think R.A.B is btw? And do you know that "a heavy locket" was mentioned as being at Grimmauld place? That kind of confirms that RAB is Regulus because that is probably the horcrux.

comahan 07-05-2007 08:04 PM

Just a warning. Posting spoilers for things like this results in being suspended and or banned. So dont go there.. I dont care if the 'internet knows about it' or not.

badgerbacker 07-05-2007 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 (Post 496921)
I wouldn't mind much if Ron died, he has always been my least favorite main character. Who do you think R.A.B is btw? And do you know that "a heavy locket" was mentioned as being at Grimmauld place? That kind of confirms that RAB is Regulus because that is probably the horcrux.

I agree with you about Ron, I never really cared for him that much. I just think he is too important in Rowling's eyes to kill off. As for the R.A.B. thing, I never really could figure out who it would be, I'm not sure if it is Regulus because wouldn't Hermione have uncovered his name when she was looking for anyone with those initials? The heavy locket thing could have simply been something pointless that was included to throw people off. My best guess is that it will be a woman who was married and so her initials were changed away from RAB. Anywho, I'm looking forward to reading and finding out!

badgerbacker 07-05-2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comahan (Post 496922)
Just a warning. Posting spoilers for things like this results in being suspended and or banned. So dont go there.. I dont care if the 'internet knows about it' or not.

Thank you, I didn't think it was really my place to say anything, but I thought it was a bad move to post that. I believe the publishers have said that the spoiler was fake anyway.

ncstateviking 07-05-2007 08:17 PM

hermione is by far a better character than ron. ron may die in my opinion. my tradition is reading all the previous books in order before i read the new one. so its fresh on my mind. ive been at it a month or so and im starting the 5th now. ill be ready for the final one when i get it.

RoyHall#1 07-05-2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgerbacker (Post 496942)
I agree with you about Ron, I never really cared for him that much. I just think he is too important in Rowling's eyes to kill off. As for the R.A.B. thing, I never really could figure out who it would be, I'm not sure if it is Regulus because wouldn't Hermione have uncovered his name when she was looking for anyone with those initials? The heavy locket thing could have simply been something pointless that was included to throw people off. My best guess is that it will be a woman who was married and so her initials were changed away from RAB. Anywho, I'm looking forward to reading and finding out!

About the locket, I think the barman of the Hog's Head has it. When Harry cornered Mundungus Fletcher about stealing Sirius's stuff, it said the barman walked away pulling his cloak tightly around his neck, or something like that. Mundungus probably sold it to him IMO.

Another guess at who RAB may be, when Voldemort took those 2 kids into the cave, one of their names was Amy Benson. Amy could've been her middle name.

RoyHall#1 07-05-2007 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncstateviking (Post 496950)
hermione is by far a better character than ron. ron may die in my opinion. my tradition is reading all the previous books in order before i read the new one. so its fresh on my mind. ive been at it a month or so and im starting the 5th now. ill be ready for the final one when i get it.

I used to do that, but I stopped enjoying the first couple books. I'm mad now though because I just finished rereading the 6th book tonight and HPDH is still 15 days away... I don't want to read any of the others though because that would probably throw me off.

Philliez01 07-05-2007 08:33 PM

I just glimpsed a bit of the 6th book. I started last year, my mom got like the first 3 when I was young and never bothered to read it until last year. Then I became a HP fiend unfortunately. It is just interesting to me, it's the only non-sports books that I have in my room.

I think R.A.B. is Regulus just for the point that there is no other logical character that it could be. Sirius said that he was killed because he betrayed Voldemort which makes sense when you think of the Horcrux. It ties in.

I also think that it's pretty obvious that Hermione, Ron and Harry don't go back to Hogwarts judging by the British book cover. See for yourself on Wikipedia.

Acreboy 07-05-2007 08:34 PM

Always wondered why I liked DBZ and never Harry Potter...

RoyHall#1 07-05-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philliez01 (Post 496980)
I just glimpsed a bit of the 6th book. I started last year, my mom got like the first 3 when I was young and never bothered to read it until last year. Then I became a HP fiend unfortunately. It is just interesting to me, it's the only non-sports books that I have in my room.

I think R.A.B. is Regulus just for the point that there is no other logical character that it could be. Sirius said that he was killed because he betrayed Voldemort which makes sense when you think of the Horcrux. It ties in.

I also think that it's pretty obvious that Hermione, Ron and Harry don't go back to Hogwarts judging by the British book cover. See for yourself on Wikipedia.

Hey I gave you a 5th green bar! And it's not unfortunate to be a HP fiend...

The only knock on RAB being Regulus is that it's too obvious, I think.

Philliez01 07-05-2007 08:39 PM

Well considering I mocked HP fiends in the past, it does seem to be a bit of a unfortunate thing. I remember when I first read it, it was when Book 5 premiered (so it was 3 years ago instead of last year upon further review) and I was pretty much jacked to re-read everything else even though I knew what happened.

Canadian_kid16 07-05-2007 08:42 PM

I need to find a friend to borrow the sixth book from! GAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

There was my informative post for the day...

Cashmoney 07-05-2007 08:44 PM

Anyone know how long this book will be? im too lazy to look it up. I hope its pretty long. i finished the last one in like 2 days.

keylime_5 07-05-2007 09:12 PM

Voldemort and Malfoy die in book 7 and Harry almost dies but lives to please the kids. My prediction anyway.