Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Should you be able to challenge in OT? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1114)

12-18-2006 09:03 PM

Should you be able to challenge in OT?

Do you think you should be able to challenge in overtime? (only the booth can review the play)

I for one thinks its pretty dumb in the most important time of the game you cant challenge a play you think can be turned around.

bearsfan_51 12-18-2006 09:05 PM

While I think you should and I think you should be able to in the last two minutes, you have to think about the logistics here.

The refs already make the call on the field.

The booth looks at that play, and subsequently decides that they shouldn't review it either.

I don't think there's much of a chance after both sides agree it's not a play worthy of review that it will get overturned.

And I know what this is in reference too, and it was still a catch. :P

12-18-2006 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
While I think you should and I think you should be able to in the last two minutes, you have to think about the logistics here.

The booth looks at that play, and subsequently decides that they shouldn't review it either.

I don't think there's much of a chance after both sides agree it's not a play worthy of review that it will get overturned.

how dare you, no it wasnt. :evil:
;)

Staubach12 12-18-2006 09:31 PM

Overtime as a whole in the NFL is screwed up.

yourfavestoner 12-18-2006 09:41 PM

IMO, coaches shouldn't be allowed to challenge at all. Replay should be done completely by the guys in the booth.

niel89 12-19-2006 05:39 AM

i think you should be able to. its just that one play can be really important especially in OT.

i personally dont like the current OT set up. i almost wish it change to a college type, but that presents a whole new set of issues

BigDawg819 12-19-2006 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51

I concur, sir.

Jughead10 12-19-2006 09:03 AM

Did Tampa Bay call a time out in OT during this call. That is the right to move to make. If you really think the play should have been challenged, you call a time out and give the booth extra time to look at it.

Hurricane Ditka 12-19-2006 10:49 AM

How can he make an accurate decision looking at a screen the size of a note card?