Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Bay Packers Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Wisconsin Badgers Football Discussion (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11363)

wiscbadgerfootball 07-20-2007 01:37 PM

Wisconsin Badgers Football Discussion

Discuss the most amazing college here

Hawk 07-20-2007 04:22 PM

So what are the predictions for Chad Henne? I believe that he'll have another solid season and slide into the late first round kinda like Jason Campbell a few years ago.

I can't wait for this year, Shawn Crable is gonna be a damn beast!!!

princefielder28 07-20-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 522958)
So what are the predictions for Chad Henne? I believe that he'll have another solid season and slide into the late first round kinda like Jason Campbell a few years ago.

I can't wait for this year, Shawn Crable is gonna be a damn beast!!!

This is Wisconsin Badgers Discussion, but we can talk any college football. I don't think Henne is a first round caliber QB. He doesn't have desired mobility or a very fundamental throwing form; you can say that about Philip Rivers, but Rivers was absolutely phenominal at NC State. I think Brain Brohm, Andre Woodson, Colt Brennan, and maybe Eric Ainge are the QBs that will go in round 1. Henne will be in the next group with John David Booty and Sam Keller.

wiscbadgerfootball 07-20-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 522998)
This is Wisconsin Badgers Discussion, but we can talk any college football. I don't think Henne is a first round caliber QB. He doesn't have desired mobility or a very fundamental throwing form; you can say that about Philip Rivers, but Rivers was absolutely phenominal at NC State. I think Brain Brohm, Andre Woodson, Colt Brennan, and maybe Eric Ainge are the QBs that will go in round 1. Henne will be in the next group with John David Booty and Sam Keller.

Henne is garbage :p

Hawk 07-20-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 522998)

Hold on, Wisc said "Discuss the most amazing college here" so I did

Vikes99ej 07-20-2007 05:34 PM

Is Travis Beckum a tightend or just a blocking wideout? He isn't very big (6'4 217) for a TE.

wiscbadgerfootball 07-20-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikes99ej (Post 523035)
Is Travis Beckum a tightend or just a blocking wideout? He isn't very big (6'4 217) for a TE.

he's gotten much better at blocking.. I'd call him a tight-end if he was a wideout.. he wouldn't be lining up in the tight end slot..

GB12 07-20-2007 09:00 PM

Fixed the title. I've been meaning to make one of these for awhile, but never got around to it. I'll make a state basketball one for Marquette, Wisconsin, UWM, etc. It'd get messy trying to discuss both sports in one thread.

wiscbadgerfootball 07-20-2007 09:07 PM

ok sounds good

Vince Lombardi 07-28-2007 11:20 PM

The W
Yea, Wisconsin is tied with Nebraska for the 13th best college football program over the last decade. Not too shabby, thanks Barry!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2947988

Quote:

Fifteen college football experts and analysts ranked all 119 Division I-A programs, taking into account record, traditions, recruiting, facilities, coaches, attendance and support, among other criteria.

umphrey 08-02-2007 08:19 AM

Badgers were predicted to be #2 in their division this year behind Michigan and ahead of Ohio State. Also over the last 3 years we are #1 in our division, ahead of Ohio and Michigan.

princefielder28 08-03-2007 11:12 AM

USA Today Pre-season #7

wiscbadgerfootball 08-04-2007 05:54 PM

less than a month till the opener against Washington State

ripdw27 08-12-2007 10:51 AM

i heard all the big ten games are gonna be on the big ten channel... not cool charter better get this chanel or im gonna be pissed. i spend saturdays watchin the badgers n then nfl preveiws for the next day..

anyway.. im predicting a big year for the badgers. donovan looks sharp n im sure pj hill will have another solid year even without joe thomas.

usmc0106 08-12-2007 02:55 PM

Has anyone heard that big john clay could be eligable this year still? I read it somewhere that he was taking summer classes and there was a possibility that he could be eligable

princefielder28 08-12-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmc0106 (Post 558241)
Has anyone heard that big john clay could be eligable this year still? I read it somewhere that he was taking summer classes and there was a possibility that he could be eligable

I'm sure there's a chance he could be with the team this year but don't hold you breath.

wiscbadgerfootball 08-12-2007 08:37 PM

eh we'll be fine without him anyway PJ Hill and Lance Smith are good as is.

Vince Lombardi 08-17-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Badgers QB battle remains close

Posted: Friday August 17, 2007 10:01AM ET

With Wisconsin's season opener barely more than two weeks away, the race for the No. 1 quarterback position remains taut and entertaining. Will the winner be junior transfer Allan Evridge, who has yet to play a game at UW, or senior Tyler Donovan, who went 2-0 as a starter last season filling in for the injured John Stocco? The call here, albeit a close one with 11 scheduled practices left in camp, is that Evridge will emerge as the starter.

It will be interesting to see who comes out on top....

badgerbacker 08-18-2007 02:38 AM

The word I have heard about Clay is that he is eligible and now practicing with the team. I also believe all the stuff with Lance Smith was dropped down to misdemeanors, so hopefully he won't be missing any time. Looks like we will have the depth at RB that it looked like we would have after all!

One thing that should help whichever QB that is selected is that the rest of our offense should be able to support him. The O-line should be solid even with the loss of Thomas, we will always have the strong UW running game, and we have experienced people catching balls in Beckum, Swan, and Hubbard. Someone I would like to see emerge as a receiver is Lance Kendricks. He's got Hubbard's size but I think he is a little more athletic and hopefully he won't have Hubbard's problems with the dropsies.

Hurricane Ditka 08-18-2007 09:02 PM

Who's starting at Qb this year?

elway777 08-18-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi (Post 536815)
The W
Yea, Wisconsin is tied with Nebraska for the 13th best college football program over the last decade. Not too shabby, thanks Barry!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2947988

#1 was a good choice :p

GB12 08-19-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka (Post 566369)
Who's starting at Qb this year?

I think Donovan will take it.

wiscbadgerfootball 08-20-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB12 (Post 566906)
I think Donovan will take it.

I agree.. Donovan impressed me in the games he played last year. I think he could have started all the games instead of Stocco.

Hurricane Ditka 08-20-2007 05:58 PM

Any word on how sophomore Scott Tolzien looks, or where he'll end up on the depth chart. Went to High School with him, he was really cool guy.

wiscbadgerfootball 08-22-2007 08:42 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2987069

Quote:

MADISON, Wis. -- Tyler Donovan will begin the season as the starting quarterback for No. 7 Wisconsin.

With 10 days remaining until Wisconsin's Sept. 1 season opener against Washington State, coach Bret Bielema listed Donovan, a fifth-year senior, ahead of junior Allan Evridge on the team's updated depth chart.

Earlier this month, Bielema said he wanted to decide on a starting quarterback in time to give whomever won the job 10 days to prepare for the opener.

Donovan led the Badgers to victories at Iowa and against Buffalo when starter John Stocco was injured last season. But Evridge, a transfer from Kansas State, might have more long-term potential than Donovan.

The Badgers also listed freshman Gabe Carimi as the starter at left tackle, making him the apparent replacement for Joe Thomas, who was drafted No. 3 overall by the Cleveland Browns in April.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press