Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   rank these #1 pick QB's. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1149)

geaux tigers 12-26-2006 11:31 AM

rank these #1 pick QB's.
 
on how you think they will turn out.

i am just listing Palmer b/c he was the top pick.

EdReedUnstoppable 12-26-2006 11:34 AM

From best to worst Id say it goes like this:

1. Carson Palmer
2. Mike Vick
3. David Carr
4. Alex Smith
5. Eli Manning

CC.SD 12-26-2006 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable
From best to worst Id say it goes like this:

1. Carson Palmer
2. Mike Vick
3. David Carr
4. Alex Smith
5. Eli Manning

Yeah that's it.

draftguru151 12-26-2006 11:37 AM

David Carr. It's time for Houston to find a new QB. All the other ones are good or will be good, Carr is done.

Space Ghost 12-26-2006 11:39 AM

best to worst
 
I'll just start my list at 2 ;)

2. Smith
3. Vick
4. Eli
5. Carr

255979119 12-26-2006 11:40 AM

David Carr could be a good QB if he wasnt getting sacked 70 times a bloody year...and lets not forget QB pressures and hits

if you watch a texans game (yes theyre boring and sloppy but bare with me) youd see that on average carr has about 3 seconds after the snap to release he ball thats including the dropbacks

nobody would do well with that

cunningham06 12-26-2006 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
David Carr. It's time for Houston to find a new QB. All the other ones are good or will be good, Carr is done.

Carr is actually a pretty decent qb if he is given time in the pocket. He was having a pretty good season early on before injury devastated our already pretty bad offensive line. He played very well on Sunday with Freeney in his face all game.

My ranking:

1. Carson Palmer
2. Mike Vick
3. David Carr
4. Eli Manning
5. Alex Smith

njx9 12-26-2006 11:40 AM

1. Palmer
2. Vick
3. Manning
4. Smith







5. David Carr

one would assume this has to do with a full career rather than some shorter period of time.

yodabear 12-26-2006 11:42 AM

1. Palmer



















2. Vick












3. Manning
4. Smith



































































































5. Carr

draftguru151 12-26-2006 11:44 AM

Carr holds onto the ball way too long and throws check downs too much. Some of the sacks are on the OL, but some are on him.

Basileus777 12-26-2006 11:49 AM

I'd rank them from best to worst:

1. Carson Palmer
2. Mike Vick
3. Alex Smith
4. Eli Manning
5. David Carr

12-26-2006 11:55 AM

1. Carson Palmer
2. Mike Vick
3. Alex Smith
4. Eli Manning
5. David Carr

cunningham06 12-26-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
Carr holds onto the ball way too long and throws check downs too much. Some of the sacks are on the OL, but some are on him.

Carr actually has a pretty quick release now, he had to learn how to throw the ball away quickly in the Texans offense. Sure some plays he makes mistakes and makes some "what were you thinking?" plays, but if you watch many Texans games you will see just how pitiful the offensive line is. When Charles Spencer was still in, Carr was playing well, because Spencer was pretty good and could protect his blind side. I don't trust that responsibility to Ephraim Salaam, but that's who is responsible for it now. Carr is pretty mobile, he's got good speed I think if he were in another system he would succeed.

bigbluedefense 12-26-2006 12:04 PM

I won't make my list because we're talking about developing qbs, but I will say this.

Its funny how everyone labeled Alex Smith a bust last year without even giving it second thought. This year, he is improving (nothing to wow about, but improving none the less) and he's the 3rd rated guy on this "list" by most of the people here?

Come on, thats ridiculous.

njx9 12-26-2006 12:05 PM

i think if david carr had been in detroit and harrington in houston, people would be saying that all harrington needs is some more help and time and that carr was clearly a terrible pick and a worthless quarterback.

i don't buy for one second that carr is any less of a bust than harrington was.

255979119 12-26-2006 12:08 PM

Harrington= always good for a few errant throws a game, low completion %, locks onto receivers

Carr= holds ball longer than should, afraid of going for the big play

doingthisinsteadofwork 12-26-2006 12:27 PM

Carson













everyone else.

12-26-2006 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
Carson


Vick









everyone else.

Fixed it for ya.

danman253 12-26-2006 12:30 PM

Its carr by a mile.

CC.SD 12-26-2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
I won't make my list because we're talking about developing qbs, but I will say this.

Its funny how everyone labeled Alex Smith a bust last year without even giving it second thought. This year, he is improving (nothing to wow about, but improving none the less) and he's the 3rd rated guy on this "list" by most of the people here?

Come on, thats ridiculous.

I agree, it's pretty odd.

It's really a testament to how bad Eli and Carr have been this season.

princefielder28 12-26-2006 12:55 PM

1. Carson Palmer
2. Michael Vick
3. Alex Smith
4. David Carr
5. Eli Manning

Shiver 12-26-2006 01:53 PM

In order from good to bad;

1. Carson Palmer
2. Michael Vick
3. Alex Smith
4. Eli Manning
5. David Carr

IMO

njx9 12-26-2006 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Its funny how everyone labeled Alex Smith a bust last year without even giving it second thought. This year, he is improving (nothing to wow about, but improving none the less) and he's the 3rd rated guy on this "list" by most of the people here?

Come on, thats ridiculous.

i guess i don't see your point... ridiculous because people on this are giant bandwagoners or ridiculous because he's not, in your opinion, the 3rd best quarterback out of those five?

i don't disagree with either, really, but i'm not sure what you're saying.

Windy 12-26-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver
In order from good to bad;

1. Carson Palmer
2. Michael Vick
3. Alex Smith
4. Eli Manning
5. David Carr

IMO


Shiver 12-26-2006 02:44 PM

I think I can guess who's the only person to vote Vick as the worst. :lol:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.