Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Colts vs Ravens (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215)

01-08-2007 05:35 AM

Colts vs Ravens

Who will win it ?

dcrls 01-08-2007 05:38 AM

i think the ravens d will show up big, and eliminate the colts something like 24-10

FloridaFootball 01-08-2007 06:07 AM

Ravens. Defense is too good and will be frustrating Manning all game. Steve McNair has the experience to go all the way, I take Baltimore.

01-08-2007 06:09 AM

This is going to be a very good game. If the Ravens switch up their defense a lot, which is going to confuse the O-line and Peyton a lot. I expect Freeney to get a lot of pressure on McNair because he has done very well against Ogden in the past. I don't think the D will be as good this week and Jamal Lewis will get about 100 yards give or take. It will really come down to what kind of protection Peyton gets and if he is able to make good decisions under the pressure from the great Ravens' defense. I say Colts 24 Ravens 21

yourfavestoner 01-08-2007 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
This is going to be a very good game. If the Ravens switch up their defense a lot, which is going to confuse the O-line and Peyton a lot. I expect Freeney to get a lot of pressure on McNair because he has done very well against Ogden in the past. I don't think the D will be as good this week and Jamal Lewis will get about 100 yards give or take. It will really come down to what kind of protection Peyton gets and if he is able to make good decisions under the pressure from the great Ravens' defense. I say Colts 24 Ravens 21

Bingo. That's the key to the entire game.

EdReedUnstoppable 01-08-2007 07:49 AM

My early vibe on the game is a Colts win 24-3, I dont think we'll be able to pressure Manning, and he will wear our D down. I pray Im wrong but I fear Im not.

RyanLeaf#1 01-08-2007 07:53 AM

As a Colts fan last year I made the trip to Baltimore for the Sunday night opener. Im hoping this game goes the same way that one went.

Smooth Criminal 01-08-2007 08:46 AM

I'm taking the Colts. I think Manning will be able to beat the Ravens secondary and I think they'll be able to hold off the Ravens blitzes. The Colts defense stepped up big this week and I expect their speed on defense to hurt the Ravens, esspcially the matchup of Freeney on Ogden.

Packman1957 01-08-2007 08:47 AM

I have to go with the Ravens, but yeah I agree with what some other people said earlier, it will all depend on how good Manning gets protected. I think the Ravens are going to rattle him, and make him make some bad decisions, therefore I will take the Ravens in this one.

NFLBOY 01-08-2007 10:12 AM

I have to go with the ravens. Depending on the weather will also tell how the game will go. If it is rainy or even snowy, the colts have no chance. I also think it will depend on how the colts can stop lewis at running the ball.

frogstomp 01-08-2007 10:24 AM

The Ravens are amazing on defense, and have an underrated offense that has pretty much gotten better each week since Billick took over.

I'm going to go with the Ravens.

njx9 01-08-2007 10:43 AM

Indy.

draftguru151 01-08-2007 11:46 AM

The fact that the Colts won big last week with Peyton having an average game at best is scary. If Indy's defense plays like that this game is already over.

portermvp84 01-08-2007 12:59 PM

I think the Ravens are gonna control the game 17-10 Ravens.

BigDawg819 01-08-2007 01:02 PM

I've said it in the team discussion and i'll say it here: Ravens Pride!

Indy will not be able to run the ball and that was the reason they were able to put together drives against the Chiefs. The Ravens' pass rush will get to Manning more effectively then the Chiefs which will lead to turnovers and that will be the down fall of the Dolts! McNair will have time to pass and lead the offense down the field. The Ravens' offensive line only let up 16 sacks all year, but what now all of a sudden because of Dwight Freeney they won't be able to pass protect? Freeney will not be a factor, much like he wasn't all year. With the Ravens' driving on offense that Dolt defense will crack and crumble and all of a sudden Bob Sanders' knee injury will flare up magically.

Welcome back to Baltimore Colts, now GET THE F**K OUT CAUSE YOU AIN'T WELCOME IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravens in a blowout 31-3!

2drama 01-08-2007 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaFootball
Ravens. Defense is too good and will be frustrating Manning all game. Steve McNair has the experience to go all the way, I take Baltimore.

agreed

The Number 1 Defense - that scores
has better offense than their super bowl year

P.manning if he throws 3 int again will not win like their last game - B-more will at least take one to the house :lol:

Ray lewis , ED reed :lol: :lol:
it going to be a tough game

JCshutEmDown 01-08-2007 01:16 PM

Ravens win if Jamal Lewis stops dancing behind the LOS.

go_ravens94 01-08-2007 01:29 PM

Defense over Offense. We already proved that in 2000.

No one picked us that year.

njx9 01-08-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_ravens94
Defense over Offense. We already proved that in 2000.

No one picked us that year.

did you seriously just imply that no one is picking you this year in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

eazyb81 01-08-2007 01:36 PM

Ravens, defense is way too good and the Colts are a different team outside the dome.

eacantdraft 01-08-2007 02:15 PM

Playoff Peyton vs. the Baltimore defense? No contest. The Colts will be lucky if they score more than 10 points. Playoff Peyton won't win with 3 int's this time around.

jetsfan3 01-08-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsalltheway

Bingo. That's the key to the entire game.

Pressure is the key to every game, that's why the offensive line of a team is so important.

SeanTaylorRIP 01-08-2007 02:20 PM

Bmore easy.

Nitschke-Hawk 01-08-2007 02:24 PM

Ravens. The more physical team almost always wins in the playoffs, not only do the Ravens have a great defense but they will beat your ass-offensively and defensively. They have that intimidating element on both sides of the ball. If I were a player they'd be probably the only team I'd be scared to play.

*Disclaimer* But I'm not a player so I'd be scared to play any NFL football team. :lol: (This eliminates the chance for somebody to say "You know you'd be scared to play any NFL Team.")

bernbabybern820 01-08-2007 02:40 PM

i see the colts winning comforably to be honest. idk peyton has usually had the ravens number. like another poster said freeney always seems to have a huge game against ogden because he isnt the most agile tackle in the world. yes i may get criticized but thats how i see it. i dont think peyton manning has that poor of a game again.