Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Superbowls: Indoor or Outdoor. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1234)

FloridaFootball 01-11-2007 02:22 PM

Superbowls: Indoor or Outdoor.

Right now, the NFL has said only dome stadiums can be used for the superbowl. Do you think it should stay this way or they should play how it used to be out in the rain or snow.

Just curious on what most think, it would be interesting to get this question to players around the NFL to see what they think.

bearsfan_51 01-11-2007 02:23 PM

Re: Superbowls: Indoor or Outdoor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaFootball
Right now, the NFL has said only dome stadiums can be used for the superbowl. Do you think it should stay this way or they should play how it used to be out in the rain or snow.

Just curious on what most think, it would be interesting to get this question to players around the NFL to see what they think.

When was this ever said?

bigbluedefense 01-11-2007 02:26 PM

I hate the fact that the SB is played in domes/nice weather areas. Football is a sport that deals with the elements. The elements are part of the game. Taking away that factor during football's biggest stage makes no sense to me.

nobodyinparticular 01-11-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

This is ridiculous. Football should not be played indoors, especially a big game like the Super Bowl. One of the most memorable playoff games of recent memory is the 2001 Divisional playoff game between the Patriots and the Raiders in the snow. The elements are what make football so great.

nobodyinparticular 01-11-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
I hate the fact that the SB is played in domes/nice weather areas. Football is a sport that deals with the elements. The elements are part of the game. Taking away that factor during football's biggest stage makes no sense to me.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

FloridaFootball 01-11-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

When was this ever said?

its been a known fact for a while, it really pisses off dan snyder because he can't have a superbowl in D.C.

bearsfan_51 01-11-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

When was this ever said?

its been a known fact for a while, it really pisses off dan snyder because he can't have a superbowl in D.C.

Umm...do you mean in cold weather areas? San Diego, Jacksonville, and Miami don't play in domes, and they host about every other Superbowl.

bearsfan_51 01-11-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense

Dollar dollar bills y'all. While I agree with you, most of the people that buy tickets aren't even that big of football fans. They're just people with assloads of money, usually corporations that have deals to get them. Those people don't want to vacation in Green Bay and freeze their nuts off when they can go to San Diego, spend some time on the beach, and listen to Aerosmith play at halftime.

Superbowls in the snow will never ever happen.

sodar21 01-11-2007 02:37 PM

Football should be played outside and it should just be rotated around every team's stadium in this country.

njx9 01-11-2007 02:37 PM

i would imagine ticket sales represent a very insignificant portion of the money the NFL makes on the super bowl. i believe if the NFL was still able to convince the suits to give them the same amount of money for advertising, it would be feasible to host the game in a cold weather city (by which i mean something like New York or Chicago, i'd say it's pretty clear Green Bay wouldn't be a destination for the reason you said).

eacantdraft 01-11-2007 02:47 PM

The last place I want to attend a Super Bowl is in a cold weather city. Except for sking, people don't schedule vacations in cold climbs.

And you don't get to see scantily clad women in cold climates either.

njx9 01-11-2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eacantdraft

get out much? they ski in bikini's here.

Good Ol' Duck 01-11-2007 02:50 PM

I hate watching dome games on TV. It's just too bright and arena football looking.

GiantRutgersFan 01-11-2007 03:16 PM

Superbowl in the meadowlands would be wierd. Right by my house is the Giants Staduim

therock6000 01-11-2007 03:23 PM

99% of me says "football should only be played outdoors"...
but 1% of me says that since this is this game decides who the champion of the league is, let's take weather out of the picture....let's see who is the "best team" without having a wet/snow covered field/ball.

of course, if a team is the best in the league, they should be able to win the game in a monsoon...

SterlingSharpe 01-11-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Who said that?
I remember plenty of great Super Bowls outdoors in Miami, Southern California...... like San Diego and Pasadena, also Palo Alto.

keylime_5 01-11-2007 04:27 PM

Football was meant to be played outside.

niel89 01-11-2007 05:20 PM

outside, its part of the game

ShutDwn 01-11-2007 05:32 PM

They should be played on the most neutral field possible condition wise.

jackalope 01-11-2007 08:32 PM

domes are extremely lame. i hate them.

sik wit it 01-11-2007 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eacantdraft
The last place I want to attend a Super Bowl is in a cold weather city. Except for sking, people don't schedule vacations in cold climbs.

you got an excuse to keep warm in bed, isn't that the ultimate goal?

thetedginnshow 01-11-2007 08:59 PM

Out in the elements.