Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   NFC South Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Congratulations Bucs (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12996)

SchizophrenicBatman 09-16-2007 03:19 PM

Congratulations Bucs

Division Champs with a 7-9 record? I think so

Beans 09-16-2007 03:23 PM

that would be awesomely sad

SchizophrenicBatman 09-16-2007 03:26 PM

Also if Shiver could edit the title to "Congratulations" I would appreciate it, I look like a moron with the way it's currently set up

TigerBait45 09-16-2007 03:30 PM

Man we suck.

Caddy 09-16-2007 04:39 PM

Boo-Yeah. Division Championship here we come :D

Tampa 2 4 life 09-16-2007 04:46 PM

Has any division had 4 top 20 picks in the draft?

Chucky 09-16-2007 05:29 PM

That was a great game, just amazing, im so happy right now

etk 09-16-2007 06:59 PM

I think we'll end up 2nd in the division if Garcia stays health. Any team that finishes 2nd in their division in the NFC has a good shot at the playoffs, no matter how mediocre they are.

Caddy 09-16-2007 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky (Post 618627)
That was a great game, just amazing, im so happy right now

Heck yeah it was. I hope we see some more of Garcia to Galloway during this season. Galloway is a machine.

etk 09-16-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 (Post 619096)
Heck yeah it was. I hope we see some more of Garcia to Galloway during this season. Galloway is a machine.

We'll need to see a lot of it to keep defenses from stacking the box against Cadillac. He didn't have any running lanes or room today.

Congratulations to Arron Sears for proving me right. His suckage emanated when he whiffed at Brian Young, waving his arms like a matador and allowing him a free run at Garcia. Luckily Jeff had his senses about him and delivered a quick one. Another congratulations goes out to Sabby Piscitelli, the biggest pylon on earth. At least he didn't get penalized or bobble any punts inside the 5.

d34ng3l021 09-16-2007 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life (Post 618515)
Has any division had 4 top 20 picks in the draft?

No. One team in the division HAS to go the the playoffs, no matter how much they suck. And once they are in the playoffs, they automatically get a pick between 20-32.

What a sad division...

Caddy 09-16-2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etk (Post 619232)
We'll need to see a lot of it to keep defenses from stacking the box against Cadillac. He didn't have any running lanes or room today.

Congratulations to Arron Sears for proving me right. His suckage emanated when he whiffed at Brian Young, waving his arms like a matador and allowing him a free run at Garcia. Luckily Jeff had his senses about him and delivered a quick one. Another congratulations goes out to Sabby Piscitelli, the biggest pylon on earth. At least he didn't get penalized or bobble any punts inside the 5.

You can't judge a player based on a few isolated events. Give them both a season in the pros before we judge either of them. I didn't think Sears was that bad. As a unit the O-Line didn't give up a sack, but Garcia definitely helps. Sabby on the other hand needs some work. Should we judge Gaines too because he isn't performing at the level that he probably should at the moment.

Shiver 09-18-2007 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 (Post 620046)
No. One team in the division HAS to go the the playoffs, no matter how much they suck. And once they are in the playoffs, they automatically get a pick between 20-32.

What a sad division...

At least I know Atlanta is one off-season away from being in it again because of that fact.

diabsoule 09-26-2007 03:32 AM

I don't know what's up with the Saints but it looks like we'll be able to get some talent with where we will be picking.

Shiver 09-26-2007 03:12 PM

They need Glenn Dorsey or Rey Maluaga in the worst way.

zCaddyz 09-26-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 (Post 618499)
Boo-Yeah. Division Championship here we come :D

BOO-NO lol joking jusr saw the espn tv spot wit chad 'nobody can hold my" johnson GO BUCS!!!!!

etk 09-26-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver (Post 635681)
They need Glenn Dorsey or Rey Maluaga in the worst way.

Dan Connor can play all 3 LB spots. They love white LBs anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zCaddyz (Post 635761)
BOO-NO lol joking jusr saw the espn tv spot wit chad 'nobody can hold my" johnson GO BUCS!!!!!

Huh?

zCaddyz 09-26-2007 07:04 PM

Huh?[/quote] http://youtube.com/watch?v=lgZEpTmSk1U

diabsoule 09-26-2007 07:33 PM

I'd give up my first born for Dan Conner.

etk 09-27-2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule (Post 636034)
I'd give up my first born for Dan Conner.

When I'm doing mocks for the Saints, it's always between him and Rivers. Obviously there are other needs worth addressing but I think LB will be the most beneficial. I choose Connor over Rivers because of his versatility. Frankly I don't know which LB on the Saints is the worst, they're all pretty mediocre.

SchizophrenicBatman 09-30-2007 06:58 PM

Looks like I may have been wrong on this prediction. The Bucs could easily end up 9-7 or 10-6 in this garbage division

JPF 10-02-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 (Post 620046)

What a sad division...

Wrong. The order is strictly off regular season records. Making the playoffs or not making the playoffs have no basis in it.

The only spots determined by playoff results are the Super Bowl winner and Super Bowl loser, or if two playoff teams have the same record the team that makes it the farthest picks after the other one, or if a non-playoff team and a playoff team have the same records the team that didn't go to the playoffs picks first.

Quote:

All other playoff teams are placed in the selection order based on their regular season record upon losing their playoff game. If a playoff team and a non-playoff team are tied based on regular season record, the non-playoff team will pick first.
http://sportsline.com/nfl/draft/update

diabsoule 10-02-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etk (Post 637197)
When I'm doing mocks for the Saints, it's always between him and Rivers. Obviously there are other needs worth addressing but I think LB will be the most beneficial. I choose Connor over Rivers because of his versatility. Frankly I don't know which LB on the Saints is the worst, they're all pretty mediocre.

Out of our linebackers Fujita is about the only one that is consistent. Simoneau is a waste of a roster space and Shanle sucks in coverage. There's a lot that needs to be done on the Saints D and I'm sure if the front office really wanted to get it done then they could but they won't.

iloxygenil 10-02-2007 02:39 PM

If I were a Saints fan I'd be screaming for #72...Local boy and a monster to build your D around. He's not as solid as people want him to be...yet...but he will be. The kid is a killer.

dbtb135 10-18-2007 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etk (Post 619232)

Arron Sears just made SI.com Top 10 rookies, at #6, and held his own against Albert Haynesworth. His "suckage" is definitely in question.