Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Left Tackle Free Agents (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1355)

D-Rod 01-31-2007 07:59 AM

Left Tackle Free Agents

Are there actually any Free Agents this year who can legitimately start at LT and perform to a respectable standard?

Mike Gandy is hardly proven.
Jordan Black got killed in the playoffs.
Leonard Davis is an OG earning LT money.

Could Steinbach be a good LT?

I can't even think of any other possibilities.

EdReedUnstoppable 01-31-2007 08:36 AM

I dont know of any, better off to look at the draft and get a long term answer.

D-Rod 01-31-2007 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable
I dont know of any, better off to look at the draft and get a long term answer.

In which there is also a paucity...

bigmac076 01-31-2007 09:19 AM

this will most likely get locked, cause of the stickied FA thread.

eazyb81 01-31-2007 09:40 AM

If you want a good laugh, put Jordan Black at left tackle.

Freddy G 01-31-2007 10:10 AM

I don't know about Steinbach. Whitworth took over LT when Jones went down, rather than Steinbach. That says a little something.

Very rarely do teams let a potential LT get away.

D-Rod 01-31-2007 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmac076
this will most likely get locked, cause of the stickied FA thread.

i'm not asking WHO they are, but whether they are seriously capable of playing LT.

didn't realise that about whitworth being backup LT ahead of moving Steinbach - on the other hand, they'd probably rather move one position than two, i suppose.

D-Rod 01-31-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy G
I don't know about Steinbach. Whitworth took over LT when Jones went down, rather than Steinbach. That says a little something.

yeah, it seems almost impossible to get one outside of the draft.

PalmerToCJ 01-31-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy G

This is the reason I think Steinbach wouldn't be the greatest LT (or at least worth the money he would get). Granted Whitworth was solid at LT so it's not like we started a bum there.

Word is he's tops on our offseason priority list (to my surprise), I still doubt we sign him...

SuperMcGee 01-31-2007 04:45 PM

Gandy should not be played at tackle. He is a guard, and only a guard, and if anyone ever tries to mess with that again they'll just get what's coming to them

keylime_5 01-31-2007 04:57 PM

He didn't do good there when Cincinnati tried him out at LT, but I think if he goes to an NFC team like Arizona then he could excel since the competition is a little weaker in teh NFC and the only great edge rusher in the NFC west is Leonard Little, and he usually plays over the right tackle.

rickscott 01-31-2007 06:01 PM

Steinbach has always done a great job when he's been stuck in there at LT. He also plays Guard and Center very well. I think he will be a Tackle if he does make it to free agency.

yourfavestoner 01-31-2007 06:20 PM

Generally, teams don't let left tackles tackles enter free agency if they're worth a damn. They'll get slapped with the franchise tag, if anything.

01-31-2007 06:24 PM

Tony Pashos will be a very underatted LT this year and he probably will end up as a raven again . He was a beast in B-More espically in the run game and was good in pass blocking as well. He want up against Derrick Burgess,Aaron Scobel(not through the whole game), John Abraham, Tamba Hali, joey Porter, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Will Smith, and the great Julius Peppers, and keep in mind we allowed the fewest sacks in team history. BTW he started al the games :D

remix 6 01-31-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaddenPlayer52
Tony Pashos will be a very underatted LT this year and he probably will end up as a raven again . He was a beast in B-More espically in the run game and was good in pass blocking as well. He want up against Derrick Burgess,Aaron Scobel(not through the whole game), John Abraham, Tamba Hali, joey Porter, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Will Smith, and the great Julius Peppers, and keep in mind we allowed the fewest sacks in team history. BTW he started al the games :D

isnt Ogden your LT?

Jonathan_VIlma 01-31-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remix 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaddenPlayer52

isnt Ogden your LT?

I believe Pashos is a right tackle.

Fewest sacks in team history isn't saying much. Nick Mangold did that this year as a rookie letting up 0.5 sacks.