Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Taunting... (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357)

sweetness34 01-31-2007 01:29 PM

Taunting...

Simple question. Are you for it, against, or just don't really care either way...And why you have this opinion.

Example of taunting: What Reggie Bush did to Urlacher 2 weeks ago.

Example of celebrating: What CJ does in the endzone after he scores

Splat 01-31-2007 01:33 PM

Yes and no I don't really care all that much either way but when a WR like the Chiefs Samie Parker gets one catch a game and starts taunting like it was the greatest play you ever seen I think it is uncalled for you don't have to taunt after you get a first down every time.

bearsfan_51 01-31-2007 01:36 PM

Umm...."No" and "Don't really care" are the same answer Sweetness.

sweetness34 01-31-2007 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51

:cry: :oops:

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 01-31-2007 01:49 PM

I don't like taunting. Celebratitng is okay, but not taunting IMO. Keep it to trash talk. I especially think it's dumb when someone taunts when theyre losing *cough*Reggie Bush*cough*, or when they're ahead by a very large amount (that's just poor sportsmanship).

dRaFtDoRk 01-31-2007 01:51 PM

I think some taunts are in order to happen, like if a opponent taunts you, then you might as well give him some of his own medicine, but a taunt like Reggie Bush's or the infamous Terrell Owens Dallas Star incident are just inexcusable.

sweetness34 01-31-2007 01:54 PM

Ok next question...And 51 is gonna get pissed at me for this but I don't care.

Was what Hester did in St. Louis taunting? It's a yes or no answer.

bearsfan_51 01-31-2007 01:58 PM

:lol: :lol:

Why would I get pissed? And yes of course it was.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 01-31-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetness34
Ok next question...And 51 is gonna get pissed at me for this but I don't care.

Was what Hester did in St. Louis taunting? It's a yes or no answer.

I haven't seen it, do you have a picture/video of it? I'm checking youtube now.

NYmoney 01-31-2007 02:01 PM

no.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 01-31-2007 02:03 PM

Yeah, I saw it now, it was a bit of taunting, the part where he points back with the ball was. The high stepping IMO wasn't, it was just playing the crowd. What makes taunting to me is when you mock a player on the other team. Everything else is just celebrating.

sweetness34 01-31-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

:lol: :lol:

Why would I get pissed? And yes of course it was.

I just thought you'd be tired of hearing about it. But thank you.

sweetness34 01-31-2007 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Yeah, I saw it now, it was a bit of taunting, the part where he points back with the ball was. The high stepping IMO wasn't, it was just playing the crowd. What makes taunting to me is when you mock a player on the other team. Everything else is just celebrating.

I'm just talking about the pointing back thing. The high step wasn't but the other thing was.

And NYmoney, just please stop talking. You made yourself look like a jag in the team forums, so don't do it again, oh wait you already did. :lol:

dRaFtDoRk 01-31-2007 02:08 PM

Yes

sdpads24 01-31-2007 02:20 PM

I only care when they're taunting my team

nyjetsguy27 01-31-2007 06:03 PM

i think taunting is good for the game, but not too much of it. that fine for reggie bush is over the top by the nfl though.

Philliez01 01-31-2007 06:07 PM

I'm thinking there needs to be some integrity in the game, the celebration rule is absolutely ridiculous though. I don't really like it when I see a player taunt another as usually players don't forget this thing and it could escalate into something else.

Celebrating isn't that big of a deal to me though but there's a questionable view of it. How about Hines Ward's horrible rendition of the Icky Shuffle? How about TO's Ray Lewis dance? Or Wilfork's Lights Out Dance? Or Merriman leading a crowd to chant "Brady Sucks" and saying "We are going to hit him in the mouth!" right before the AFC Championship game?

jetsfan3 01-31-2007 06:27 PM

My favorite play:

A safety gives up a 30 yard completion, and the safety jacks up the WR, a very very big hit, but the WR holds onto the ball. The safety then is like, "YEAH YEAH YO WHAT UP" and runs around screaming. They just gave up a big completion.

I like taunting, but only on some occasions.

No:

Say Brandon Jacobs runs for 10 yards and a first down.

Yes:

Reggie Bush catches an 88 yard pass along with a nasty move in the NFC Championship game against the best defense in the NFL.

CM4 01-31-2007 08:28 PM

Go Ahead Reggie taunt while losing, oh and yea go ahead taunt one of the most respective players in the league. Pathetic, Reggie made himself look stupid. Urlacher has accomplished way to much for an inconsistent rookie to taunt at him was just childish.

And that merriman comment...Merriman was never egging the crowd on to chant Brady sucks, i was at the game and i dont remember the crowd ever chanting that, and yes he said "were gonna hit them in the mouth" hmm i think ive heard every D say that in the NFL.

Philliez01 01-31-2007 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM4
Go Ahead Reggie taunt while losing, oh and yea go ahead taunt one of the most respective players in the league. Pathetic, Reggie made himself look stupid. Urlacher has accomplished way to much for an inconsistent rookie to taunt at him was just childish.

And that merriman comment...Merriman was never egging the crowd on to chant Brady sucks, i was at the game and i dont remember the crowd ever chanting that, and yes he said "were gonna hit them in the mouth" hmm i think ive heard every D say that in the NFL.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yHyLlL01tGA

I think that's a pretty interesting thing that he did, that was probably the provoktion.

jkpigskin 01-31-2007 08:39 PM

i wish endzone celebrations were not a penatly, thats an entertaining form of celebration

Jonathan_VIlma 01-31-2007 09:56 PM

I don't get why people get mad about taunting, especially if they've played the game. What Reggie Bush did, wasn't taunting, it was based on pure adrenaline. I know after coming up from a big sack, I always hop around and bang heads.

jblaze66 01-31-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

I think he meant to put "No strong opinion"

Ho0k Em' 01-31-2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philliez01
Quote:

Originally Posted by CM4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yHyLlL01tGA

I think that's a pretty interesting thing that he did, that was probably the provoktion.

It's not called smashmouth football for nothing.

swagger 01-31-2007 10:08 PM

I like taunting way more then celebrating because it takes more balls. Chad Johnson's choreographed dances and planned celebrations get a little old.

The ultimate is when you can combine taunting and celebrating, a la Moss mooning.