Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Top 5 QB's Of All Time (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1390)

dre1614 02-05-2007 09:28 PM

Top 5 QB's Of All Time
 
First post your top 5 FAVORITE QB's

Then post your top 5, who you thought were the best.

Favorite

1) Staubach
2) Favre
3) Moon
4) Elway
5) Aikman

The Best

1) Montana
2) Staubach
3) Marino
4) Starr
5) Unitas

someone447 02-05-2007 09:56 PM

Re: Top 5 QB's Of All Time
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dre1614
First post your top 5 FAVORITE QB's

Then post your top 5, who you thought were the best.

Favorite

1) Staubach
2) Favre
3) Moon
4) Elway
5) Aikman

The Best

1) Montana
2) Staubach
3) Marino
4) Starr
5) Unitas

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Staubach and Starr should not be anywhere near a top 5 list, Staubach MAYBE top 10. Bart Starr wouldn't even say Bart Starr was better than Brett Favre.

1)Montana
2)Unitas
3-5 are interchangeable)Favre, Elway, Marino

My favorite:
1)Favre
2)Unitas
3)Montana
4)Marino
5)Elway

dre1614 02-05-2007 10:00 PM

Re: Top 5 QB's Of All Time
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by someone447
Quote:

Originally Posted by dre1614
First post your top 5 FAVORITE QB's

Then post your top 5, who you thought were the best.

Favorite

1) Staubach
2) Favre
3) Moon
4) Elway
5) Aikman

The Best

1) Montana
2) Staubach
3) Marino
4) Starr
5) Unitas

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Staubach and Starr should not be anywhere near a top 5 list, Staubach MAYBE top 10. Bart Starr wouldn't even say Bart Starr was better than Brett Favre.

1)Montana
2)Unitas
3-5 are interchangeable)Favre, Elway, Marino

My favorite:
1)Favre
2)Unitas
3)Montana
4)Marino
5)Elway

Don't f****** tell me what my opinion is.

There is no right answer

bearsfan_51 02-05-2007 10:04 PM

Favorite 5

1)Steve Young
2)Bernie Kosar (how can anyone not love Bernie?)
3)Donovan McNabb
4)John Elway
5)Charlie Frye

Best 5

1)Rex Grossman
2)Everyone else

Windy 02-05-2007 10:06 PM

troy aikman
steve young
lou pinella

someone447 02-05-2007 10:06 PM

I didn't say what YOUR opinion was, I just told you your opinion was wrong. Especially about Bart Starr, he in no way compares to any of the QBs I listed. That is like saying Joe Namath is top 5. Starr was a game manager, game managers aren't top 5 qbs.

Just look at the stats for both Favre and Starr. Look at the players around each of them. Favre has never had a HOFer on offense, yet he is about to break all of Marino's records.

Staubach doesn't compare to Favre or Elway. Both Favre and Elway carried their teams with almost no GREAT players on either team(they each had the Sharpe brothers, the only players on either offense I would consider great)

miamichamp_305 02-05-2007 10:06 PM

Favorite 5
1.Dan Marino
2.Steve Young
3.Johny Unitas
4.Peyton Manning
5.Troy Aikman

Top 5
1.Montana (I hate to say it)
2.Unitas
3.Marino
4.Elway
5.Ryan Leaf

someone447 02-05-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51

Best 5

1)Rex Grossman
2)Everyone else

:-D

KCJ58 02-05-2007 10:08 PM

1. Otto Graham
2. Dan Marino
3. John Elway
4. Brett Favre
5. Peyton Manning

Gribble 02-05-2007 10:10 PM

1. Joe Montana
2. John Elway
3. Roger Staubach
4. Terry Bradshaw
5. Johnny Unitas

49ersfan_87 02-05-2007 10:10 PM

Favorite 5

1. Steve Young
2. Joe Montana
3. John Elway
4. Doug Flutie
5. Rich Gannon

Honorable mentions- Mark Brunell (with jaguars) Kordell Stewart (with steelers) Randall Cunningham (with vikings)

Top 5

1. Joe Montana
2. John Elway
3. Johnny Unitas

The rest is too jumbled...marino, tarkenton, young, bradshaw, etc. Not counting current guys like brady, manning, and favre.

someone447 02-05-2007 10:11 PM

Oooh, I completely forgot about Otto Graham, but people like him are a big reason I think it is really unfair to compare players(especially qbs) from different eras. I liked what SI did a few years ago. Compare QBs pre-West Coast Offense to QBs post West Coast offense.

sweetness34 02-05-2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Favorite 5

1)Steve Young
2)Bernie Kosar (how can anyone not love Bernie?)
3)Donovan McNabb
4)John Elway
5)Charlie Frye

Best 5

1)Rex Grossman
2)Everyone else

Nice. :lol:

I'll just go top 5 here in no specific order for IMO the best QB's...

1) John Elway
2) Dan Marino
3) Joe Montana
4) Johnny Unitas
5) Peyton Manning (and yes I'll get ridiculed for this but it's my opinion)

Favorite: (mine will be more recent)

1) Tom Brady
2) Brett Favre (just for how he played the game, him being a Packer has no bearing on that)
3) Peyton Manning
4) Jim McMahon
5) Joe Montana

If someone wants me to explain Manning I will, but for now I'll just leave it.

bigmac076 02-05-2007 10:15 PM

I dont really have 5 "favorite QBs" persay. So heres my 5 favorite players of all time and the 5 best QBs.

Favorite Players:
1. Walter Payton "Sweetness"
2. Emmitt Smith "Catch 22"
3. Jack Lambert "Count Dracula In Cleats"
4. Jim Brown "The Great"
5. Gale Sayers "The Kansas Comet"

5 Best QBs:
1. John Elway
2. Johnny Unitas
3. Joe Montana
4. Dan Marino
5. Brett Favre

sweetness34 02-05-2007 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmac076
I dont really have 5 "favorite QBs" persay. So heres my 5 favorite players of all time and the 5 best QBs.

Favorite Players:
1. Walter Payton "Sweetness"
2. Emmitt Smith "Catch 22"
3. Jack Lambert "Count Dracula In Cleats"
4. Jim Brown "The Great"
5. Gale Sayers "The Kansas Comet"

5 Best QBs:
1. John Elway
2. Johnny Unitas
3. Joe Montana
4. Dan Marino
5. Brett Favre

I love you! :D

someone447 02-05-2007 10:17 PM

I debated putting Manning on mine, and I dont particularly like him. I think when all is said and done, he will be THE best ever. But I think I want to wait a few more years before I put him on a list.

sweetness34 02-05-2007 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someone447
I debated putting Manning on mine, and I dont particularly like him. I think when all is said and done, he will be THE best ever. But I think I want to wait a few more years before I put him on a list.

Which is understandable, but I'm predicting the future kinda on my pick. Because I don't see his play dropping off for many more a year. He may not get better but he'll still play at a very high level. That and he's on pace to shatter a bunch of QB records I believe.

I guerantee I'll have to explain it but I'm more than willing to do so.

02-05-2007 10:20 PM

1. Montana
2. Elway
3. Marino
4. Young
5. Favre

Gribble 02-05-2007 10:22 PM

Favre isn't getting a ton of love on here. Just an observation.

someone447 02-05-2007 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87
Favorite 5

1. Steve Young
2. Joe Montana
3. John Elway
4. Doug Flutie
5. Rich Gannon

Top 5

1. Joe Montana
2. John Elway
3. Johnny Unitas

The rest is too jumbled...marino, tarkenton, young, bradshaw, etc. Not counting current guys like brady, manning, and favre.

Bradshaw shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with those guys.

dre1614 02-05-2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someone447
I didn't say what YOUR opinion was, I just told you your opinion was wrong. Especially about Bart Starr, he in no way compares to any of the QBs I listed. That is like saying Joe Namath is top 5. Starr was a game manager, game managers aren't top 5 qbs.

Just look at the stats for both Favre and Starr. Look at the players around each of them. Favre has never had a HOFer on offense, yet he is about to break all of Marino's records.

Staubach doesn't compare to Favre or Elway. Both Favre and Elway carried their teams with almost no GREAT players on either team(they each had the Sharpe brothers, the only players on either offense I would consider great)

an opinion is neither wrong or right.

49ersfan_87 02-05-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gribble
Favre isn't getting a ton of love on here. Just an observation.

Nobody views him as top 5 except packer fans. For the most part anyways.

bearsfan_51 02-05-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre1614
Quote:

Originally Posted by someone447
I didn't say what YOUR opinion was, I just told you your opinion was wrong. Especially about Bart Starr, he in no way compares to any of the QBs I listed. That is like saying Joe Namath is top 5. Starr was a game manager, game managers aren't top 5 qbs.

Just look at the stats for both Favre and Starr. Look at the players around each of them. Favre has never had a HOFer on offense, yet he is about to break all of Marino's records.

Staubach doesn't compare to Favre or Elway. Both Favre and Elway carried their teams with almost no GREAT players on either team(they each had the Sharpe brothers, the only players on either offense I would consider great)

an opinion is neither wrong or right.

Sometimes it is. Napoleon thought it would be a good idea to invade Russia. He was wrong.

Gribble 02-05-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someone447
Quote:

Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87
Favorite 5

1. Steve Young
2. Joe Montana
3. John Elway
4. Doug Flutie
5. Rich Gannon

Top 5

1. Joe Montana
2. John Elway
3. Johnny Unitas

The rest is too jumbled...marino, tarkenton, young, bradshaw, etc. Not counting current guys like brady, manning, and favre.

Bradshaw shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with those guys.

Well, he won 4 Super Bowls.

bearsfan_51 02-05-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someone447
Quote:

Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87
Favorite 5

1. Steve Young
2. Joe Montana
3. John Elway
4. Doug Flutie
5. Rich Gannon

Top 5

1. Joe Montana
2. John Elway
3. Johnny Unitas

The rest is too jumbled...marino, tarkenton, young, bradshaw, etc. Not counting current guys like brady, manning, and favre.

Bradshaw shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with those guys.

While I agree, a lot of people do.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.