Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Juice Williams? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14016)

JeffSamardzijaIRISH 10-20-2007 09:53 PM

Juice Williams?
 
Last week against Iowa they took him out and played Eddie McGee, this week they do the same against Michigan. Why do they do this???

SuperKevin 10-20-2007 09:54 PM

Maybe the fact that he can't complete 50% of his passes is troubling?

JeffSamardzijaIRISH 10-20-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperKevin (Post 680884)
Maybe the fact that he can't complete 50% of his passes is troubling?

He was 8/12 today, against Iowa I believe he was 10/14 or something?

Im_a_Romosexual 10-20-2007 11:15 PM

IDK, good Q. I'd assume he'd give them the best chance to win. last week Illinois was in the red zone (I believe) ready to score the go ahead TD, but McGee hit the Iowa defender in stride to clinch the W for Iowa.

I'm curious too

V. Young 10-20-2007 11:39 PM

Great question. I disagree with it. Let juice get in a groove, you cant get him in a groove when you split time like that.

Scotty D 10-20-2007 11:42 PM

I think this new 2 QB system is a disturbing trend in college football.

Basileus777 10-20-2007 11:43 PM

Illinois' offense performed better with Juice today, they should have kept him in.

yourfavestoner 10-21-2007 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty D (Post 681090)
I think this new 2 QB system is a disturbing trend in college football.

Yup. Florida only did it because they absolutely had to because Chris Leak was too much of a god damned ***** to run the offense properly and because Tebow is simply an unstoppable force running the ball.

When you see two quarterback systems, it usually just means that both quarterbacks are bad and the coach still hasn't figured out who is worse.

dabears10 10-21-2007 01:47 PM

Illinois doesn't really use the traditional 2 QB system. It's more like in clutch moments they throw in McGee, which makes no sense. I think they are more comfortable with McGee and Juice throwing the ball.

Zyro_1014 10-21-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner (Post 681208)
Yup. Florida only did it because they absolutely had to because Chris Leak was too much of a god damned ***** to run the offense properly and because Tebow is simply an unstoppable force running the ball.

When you see two quarterback systems, it usually just means that both quarterbacks are bad and the coach still hasn't figured out who is worse.

florida didnt do it the way illinois tho. everyone needs to understand that Floridas QB was Leak. They had a package that consisted of about 5 plays for Tebow. He never came in for more than 3 plays at a time. it was not a 2 qb system.

jbeans187 10-22-2007 02:16 AM

I think zook said McGee is a hard worker and earns his playing time. I understand this but him and juice are very similar so its not like a normal 2 qb system. McGee was making a come back against mizzou, but blew it with an int and he blew the iowa game. Juice is never going to get better unless he plays a full game, he has potential but this doesnt help him develope at all

JeffSamardzijaIRISH 10-22-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbeans187 (Post 684390)
I think zook said McGee is a hard worker and earns his playing time. I understand this but him and juice are very similar so its not like a normal 2 qb system. McGee was making a come back against mizzou, but blew it with an int and he blew the iowa game. Juice is never going to get better unless he plays a full game, he has potential but this doesnt help him develope at all

Juice looked like he had the game in hand against Iowa and Mizzou, but they bring in McGee? I think these are the stupid decisions that got zook fired at UF.

CherryGarcia510 10-22-2007 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH (Post 685400)
Juice looked like he had the game in hand against Iowa and Mizzou, but they bring in McGee? I think these are the stupid decisions that got zook fired at UF.

yea zook is a hell of a recruiter but his coaching is definitely questionable

Green Bay Scat 10-22-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH (Post 685400)
Juice looked like he had the game in hand against Iowa and Mizzou, but they bring in McGee? I think these are the stupid decisions that got zook fired at UF.

dude Juice only played barley 1 quater cause he got hurt, Mcgee was the one in their that lost the game to mizzou

JeffSamardzijaIRISH 10-22-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat (Post 685484)
dude Juice only played barley 1 quater cause he got hurt, Mcgee was the one in their that lost the game to mizzou

oh nvm, I was thinking of the just played Michigan game =p

Bama37228 10-23-2007 12:48 AM

Juice is horrible

P-L 10-23-2007 01:09 AM


DChess 10-23-2007 02:38 AM

i dont really know. maybe zook doesnt really trust juice in key situations, and he thinks mcgee is mroe suitable to run the offense in pressure situation. i could understand if they are two different style QB's but they arent.

ironman4579 10-23-2007 01:11 PM

During the Michigan game, they were saying that the staff feels McGee has a stronger arm, and is a better passer overall. Maybe I could understand the reasoning if they were way behind or something, and they needed to throw a bunch. But they bring McGee in in weird situations. I don't know, I though Williams was a little overrated anyway, but as has been said, Zook is not a good coach, and these are the kinds of things that keep him from ever utilizing those great recruiting classes to their full potential.

BUSTKUNTLAWL 10-23-2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman4579 (Post 687101)
During the Michigan game, they were saying that the staff feels McGee has a stronger arm, and is a better passer overall. Maybe I could understand the reasoning if they were way behind or something, and they needed to throw a bunch. But they bring McGee in in weird situations. I don't know, I though Williams was a little overrated anyway, but as has been said, Zook is not a good coach, and these are the kinds of things that keep him from ever utilizing those great recruiting classes to their full potential.

This is what happens when Kirk calls a game. He has no idea what is he talking about.

Juice has one of the strongest arms in the nation.. McGee who has a good arm doesn't have the zip that Juice does. I couldn't believe Kirk was saying stuff so dumb last Saturday.

McGee is a better overall passer right now, but refuses to pitch the ball on the option & struggles with it. He also rarely throws the ball away and forces a lot of balls into double++ coverage.

Zook brings in McGee when he feels the offense needs a spark.

Juice runs the ball better and protects the football better that's why he's playing. Juice is the starter & is starting next week.

ironman4579 10-23-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL (Post 687114)
This is what happens when Kirk calls a game. He has no idea what is he talking about.

Juice has one of the strongest arms in the nation.. McGee who has a good arm doesn't have the zip that Juice does. I couldn't believe Kirk was saying stuff so dumb last Saturday.

McGee is a better overall passer right now, but refuses to pitch the ball on the option & struggles with it. He also rarely throws the ball away and forces a lot of balls into double++ coverage.

Zook brings in McGee when he feels the offense needs a spark.

Juice runs the ball better and protects the football better that's why he's playing. Juice is the starter & is starting next week.

So you don't feel that the coaching staff actually said that? It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't, but you don't think it's possible that they feel that way?

BUSTKUNTLAWL 10-23-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman4579 (Post 687143)
So you don't feel that the coaching staff actually said that? It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't, but you don't think it's possible that they feel that way?

I don't believe anyone on the staff said McGee had a better arm. It's quite ridiculous to even think so. So, unless there is a blind man on the staff that I am not aware of no one said that.

I know for a 100% fact Juice has a much bigger arm.. It's not even debatable IMO.

If you have seen them both throw in person you would understand. I don't even know how else to explain it.

I shook my head every single time I heard Kirk say that. He kept repeating that McGee had a bigger arm for some reason.

I do believe someone on the coaching staff said McGee is a better passer which he is. Kirk probably mistaked it for meaning McGee has a better arm. Who knows. Kirk is a moron though for talking like that on national TV.

ironman4579 10-23-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL (Post 687382)
I don't believe anyone on the staff said McGee had a better arm. It's quite ridiculous to even think so. So, unless there is a blind man on the staff that I am not aware of no one said that.

I know for a 100% fact Juice has a much bigger arm.. It's not even debatable IMO.

If you have seen them both throw in person you would understand. I don't even know how else to explain it.

I shook my head every single time I heard Kirk say that. He kept repeating that McGee had a bigger arm for some reason.

I do believe someone on the coaching staff said McGee is a better passer which he is. Kirk probably mistaked it for meaning McGee has a better arm. Who knows. Kirk is a moron though for talking like that on national TV.

I have seen them throw, and I do think Juice has a stronger arm. Quite a bit stronger actually. It was an actual question because you being an Illinois fan, would most likely know more about the mindset of your coaches than I would.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH 10-23-2007 06:40 PM

From what I've seen, McGee puts more touch on his throws, but Juice has a much better arm and throws the slants and tight throws with much more velocity. Juice is a much better QB than McGee, and I have no idea why they brought him in, especially since he's a FRESHMAN. Zooker must have a love affair for McGee, because he's already lost them 2 games. So much for being "The Closer"...

Sniper 10-24-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bama37228 (Post 686439)
Juice is horrible

Thanks for that in-depth analysis Bama. Way to provide facts or just a basic argument to back up your opinion.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.