Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Pro Bowl. Do you watch it? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1411)

eacantdraft 02-07-2007 12:34 PM

Pro Bowl. Do you watch it?

Or is it a complete waste of your time?

bigmac076 02-07-2007 12:35 PM

Re: Pro Bowl. Do you watch it?

its a complete waste of time imo

bsaza2358 02-07-2007 12:39 PM

I think the Pro Bowl is terrible. I like the way they select the starters and reserves, but you have too many players dropping out for no reason, and there is minimal conference pride to go on. I don't see a need for the game in general, and no one takes it seriously. If the players are more concerned with hanging in Hawaii, why should we care about the game at all?

SeanTaylorRIP 02-07-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsaza2358
I think the Pro Bowl is terrible. I like the way they select the starters and reserves, but you have too many players dropping out for no reason, and there is minimal conference pride to go on. I don't see a need for the game in general, and no one takes it seriously. If the players are more concerned with hanging in Hawaii, why should we care about the game at all?

Well for the sake of the players and the teams it's better just to keep it's laid back style, I sure as heck don't want a game with the players going all out for the win then someone ends up having a serious injury, it's a nice wrap-up to the year to see the better players in the league and rewards those who performed well. The game is all about awarding the stand out players so yes the Pro Bowl should stay.

bills_red 02-07-2007 12:45 PM

Re: Pro Bowl. Do you watch it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmac076
its a complete waste of time imo

agree

bigmac076 02-07-2007 12:46 PM

It'd be better if the Pro Bowl was on the Sunday before the Super Bowl. That way people might actually watch it. Obviously the players elected to the Pro Bowl who are playing in the Super Bowl would be replaced for alternates. Much better plan.

02-07-2007 12:55 PM

I love the pro bowl but no way its better than the Super Bowl.

PalmerToCJ 02-07-2007 12:55 PM

I halfway do. Just to see the Bengals.

Carson actually gets to play this year so I'll be watching him for sure. Maybe Chad will play some DB.

LonghornsLegend 02-07-2007 01:05 PM

everyone sayings its a waste of time watches it every year still just to see what happens....its alot of great players who did go, and great matchups ala holt vs bailey, i watch every year, i mean its an all star game, it is what it is....same thing in hockey and basketball and baseball

bigmac076 02-07-2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
everyone sayings its a waste of time watches it every year still just to see what happens....its alot of great players who did go, and great matchups ala holt vs bailey, i watch every year, i mean its an all star game, it is what it is....same thing in hockey and basketball and baseball

Actually no, no I dont.

eacantdraft 02-07-2007 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat

The ratings don't support your reasoning. Not many people watch. There was a reason why it was taken from network TV to cable.

TheChampIsHere 02-07-2007 02:25 PM

i pretty much have to have nothing better to do to watch the pro bowl. But even if I do decide to sit down and watch the pro bowl on my weekend, I probably end up scrolling channells or something and then we probly end up cuttin on madden cuz we'd rather play videogames than watch a bunch of guys play half-assed football.

sdpads24 02-07-2007 02:30 PM

I think it's fun to watch only when your team has a lot of players in it. :D

Pit Bull #53 02-07-2007 02:45 PM

I like to watch the skills competitons. As for the actual game, it will be on the TV in my house, but I won't be sitting down to watch it through. I will occasionally.

Man_Of_Steel 02-07-2007 03:13 PM

I love the Skills and that should be the main thing. Maybe scrap the actual game, niether players or fans like it. Make the team an honor like the all-american team, but no game.

02-07-2007 03:19 PM

It's boring, but I'll probably watch it depending on what else is on.

The Unseen 02-07-2007 03:27 PM

Just to see the Jags. I could care less about the actual game.

Vikes99ej 02-07-2007 03:29 PM

I'll just watch a little bit of it. I just don't like to see the players not trying.

d34ng3l021 02-07-2007 03:38 PM

I watch it for the Falcon players and all the stars, but mainly because its the last football game for a loooong time. :(

GB12 02-07-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdpads24

Anyone else find that funny? And it's true about most who watch it. They watch only to see the players that they watch every week anyway.

Shiver 02-07-2007 03:40 PM

I am much more excited about the NFL combine. It's sad that a bunch of football players running around in their shorts has me more excited than the pro-bowl. :lol: Tom Brady pulling out, for the Pebble Beach pro-am, says all you need to know. The players want to make the team in order to get their recognition and bonuses, but couldn't care less about playing in the game.

bigmac076 02-07-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdpads24

Anyone else find that funny? And it's true about most who watch it. They watch only to see the players that they watch every week anyway.

I wouldn't watch it if all 22 Cowboys' starters were in it. Its meaningless, and as other people have stated, its half-assed.

Nitschke-Hawk 02-07-2007 03:52 PM

I'll watch mainly cause I like to see star players play but moreso to see how Driver and Kampman do.

smittyjs 02-07-2007 04:05 PM

I watch all the little things before the game, and flip through the game, when its on.

throwback54milkman 02-07-2007 04:10 PM

it's alright, kinda cool to see all the guys' actual personalities. Belichek coaching Peyton is pretty cool/ironic also.