Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cleveland Browns Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Cleveland Browns General Discussion (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1444)

P-L 02-11-2007 08:34 PM

Cleveland Browns General Discussion
 
Alright, we're starting over.

jetsfan3 02-11-2007 08:38 PM

Re: Cleveland Browns Discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Alright, we're starting over.

No Postfor the Topic Exists sucks so much.

AZ9er 02-11-2007 08:52 PM

i love jim brown!!!!!!!!

doingthisinsteadofwork 02-11-2007 09:07 PM

:lol:

Crow 02-11-2007 09:16 PM

So...like...wuh happen?

doingthisinsteadofwork 02-11-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow
So...like...wuh happen?

click on the old Cleveland Discussion thread.

CherryGarcia510 02-11-2007 09:42 PM

thank god. It was really pissing me off only seeing no posts exist for this topic

diabsoule 02-11-2007 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow
So...like...wuh happen?

awesome sig

stl9erfan 02-11-2007 10:02 PM

so then, refering to the baxter getting cut statement. i think its unlikly. we pay him to much money and his contract is no where near being over. the cap hit would be ridiculous.

Westbourne 02-11-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSimmsy21
so then, refering to the baxter getting cut statement. i think its unlikly. we pay him to much money and his contract is no where near being over. the cap hit would be ridiculous.

Plus he'll be on IR anyways...

No way will he come back next year like he seems to think.

GLAD TO HAVE A BROWNS DISCUSSION AGAIN!

Crow 02-11-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow
So...like...wuh happen?

click on the old Cleveland Discussion thread.

The Raiders thread does that sometimes when you click on the last page number...or sometimes after you post. Weird.

Westbourne 02-11-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow
Quote:

Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow
So...like...wuh happen?

click on the old Cleveland Discussion thread.

The Raiders thread does that sometimes when you click on the last page number...or sometimes after you post. Weird.

I PM'ed pats-lions about it. I couldn't get into the Browns thread at all. Pages 1-26 were all off limit, just came up with the no posts exist error for me.

Hopefully it won't happen again, 8)

Cwood8899 02-11-2007 10:35 PM

Everything was on page 22

GoldenBoy 02-12-2007 08:20 AM

Rob Chudzinski's Plan
 
I was thinking about what Rob Chudzinski has in mind for Cleveland's offense after reading this article: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=6414

Rob Chudzinski:
"I've always been around and been exposed to attacking-style offenses that are built on a balance of run and pass and that utilize the talents of the guys that are part of that offense. Giving those guys a chance to make plays for you in an attacking style is basically what we've talked primarily about."



It's not very specific about what he wants to do with Cleveland's offense next year. I'd like to hear speculation about what style he'll likely gravitate towards and what he may think we should draft to fit his style.

I know he's likely to have Winslow heavily involved since he has been a TE coach.

I wonder if he'll use the FB like an H-Back or if he'll go with a traditional run blocking scheme like San Diego had with Lorenzo Neal.

If we do keep Frye as our starter, what kind of offense would play to Frye's talents?

I'd love to hear opinions!

GoldenBoy 02-12-2007 08:26 AM

Dream Drafts
 
I always find it interesting when people make mock drafts around "perfect scenerios". I'd love to have a guy like Carriker fall to us in the 2nd round, but I don't think thats realistic at all. I've heard fans of other teams talk about wanting him for thier first round pick, so if we want him we'll definately have to trade up... best way to do that is trade down. I would love a draft where we trade down and get Lynch for our RB (or even snag Branch a few picks later) and have some picks to use to trade back up into the end of the first round and get Carriker, or even Staley at OT if his draft stock keeps rising.

Freddy G 02-12-2007 09:55 AM

Re: Dream Drafts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KBN570
I always find it interesting when people make mock drafts around "perfect scenerios". I'd love to have a guy like Carriker fall to us in the 2nd round, but I don't think thats realistic at all. I've heard fans of other teams talk about wanting him for thier first round pick, so if we want him we'll definately have to trade up... best way to do that is trade down. I would love a draft where we trade down and get Lynch for our RB (or even snag Branch a few picks later) and have some picks to use to trade back up into the end of the first round and get Carriker, or even Staley at OT if his draft stock keeps rising.

I've lobbying to take Peterson in the first, then trade up to the early 20s using our 2nd and 3rd round picks to nab Carriker. Probably be hard to find a partner, but the points work.

dlions20 02-12-2007 10:22 AM

The Browns schedule is out for 2007, not official time or dates yet, but heres the opponents.

ALL THE DIVISIONAL TEAMS plus....
Buffalo Bills
New England Pats
Miami Dolphins
NY Jets
San Fran 49ers
Arizona Cardinals
Seatlle Seahawks
St Loius Rams
Houston Texans
Oakland Raiders

Out of those games if we improve this offseason and play to our potential with little injuries, we could win 7 of those 10 games.

I was happy to see the 49ers, Cardinals, Texans, and Raiders on the list, not because they will still be bad, but they are at our competition level and will help us build comfidence.

dlions20 02-12-2007 10:25 AM

Also I was watching a highlight of Wimbley on the Browns site and one of his sacks this year was vs. rookie LT Marcus Mcneal. It was impressive to see.

Freddy G 02-12-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMontainya
The Browns schedule is out for 2007, not official time or dates yet, but heres the opponents.

ALL THE DIVISIONAL TEAMS plus....
Buffalo Bills
New England Pats
Miami Dolphins
NY Jets
San Fran 49ers
Arizona Cardinals
Seatlle Seahawks
St Loius Rams
Houston Texans
Oakland Raiders

Out of those games if we improve this offseason and play to our potential with little injuries, we could win 7 of those 10 games.

I was happy to see the 49ers, Cardinals, Texans, and Raiders on the list, not because they will still be bad, but they are at our competition level and will help us build comfidence.


Uh Oh, i can only confidently say we will win 2 non divisional games. Its too hard to tell now, but if lined up and played today...it wouldn't be pretty.

stl9erfan 02-12-2007 03:45 PM

i cant even say who we could beat. every year browns fans are saying "we'll be better next year" "this is our .500 year" "we're on the turn around" this scedule looks tougher than last years already rough schedule. i am glad to see we play that Pats. it'll give us a good idea at how we look at a consistantly good team. also, i'm glad we play the niners, as i am somewhat of a niner fan also.

mcdlaxbonz13 02-12-2007 08:15 PM

well at least we dont play the super bowl champs this year like we have since weve been back in the league

Fresh 02-13-2007 07:09 PM

Hey guys I'm new and a huge Brown's fan so I'll be on here quite a bit.

Cwood8899 02-13-2007 07:46 PM

How come a lot of mock drafts have us getting a CB? To me Cornerback isn't a big need for the browns and should maybe be filled later, if not already done through FA.

ClevelandDave 02-13-2007 07:54 PM

Oh learned ones...
 
I've gotta say that I've enjoyed reading all (most) of your stuff, gents. Lots of interesting analysis.

Since you all are way ahead of me on the details, I'd like to get your feedback on a few items. Hopefully, you'll make it all clear to someone who's more overview oriented

1. I read a piece lately that pins Quinn's poor performance in meaningful games on his team. The old "he had to pass all day 'cause they had no D and his O-line had him hurried against strong Ds" take. Do you think that this situation differs much from what he'd have with the Brownies?

2. Are you giving up on Droughns when he had 1,000+ in '05? Do you think he's that degraded in one year or was it the O-line in 2006? With our O-line, would AP have more success than a veteran NFL 1,000 rusher?

3. Arguably, our biggest impact player on D is Wimbley. Even if you don't think so for '06, he will be soon. He's all upside. We grabbed him at 13, right? This draft isn't so weak that it's all in the top 5, is it?

Most of you want the impact O player, Quinn or Petersen but can this O-line be fixed enough in FA and 1 pick per round that they won't be a waste? Bad O-line = Couch/Green....Good O-line = Kosar-Sipe/Mack-Byner

icantackleclaret 02-13-2007 08:09 PM

Question for everyone: I really wanted to get Lavar last year over Willie but that didn't happen. Any chance we make a offer to him this year and get him a little cheaper? I really think he fits the bill of an OLB in the 3-4 and would have another year to learn from Willie.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.