Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   David Carr's Future Team (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468)

CARDIAC CAT 7 02-14-2007 12:16 PM

David Carr's Future Team

Perfect fit is the Oakland Raiders, here is why:
Suggested Trade: David Carr for 3rd Round Pick
Oakland:
1. Oakland gets a Quarterback that still has potential without using a 1st Round pick (which Al Davis hates to draft in the 1st Round).
2. Allows Oakland to draft the Best Talent in the draft Calvin Johnson.
3. Trading Pick is no worry because OAK will be stocked with picks after they trade Moss and Porter.
4. David Carr goes back home where he is loved and had a success with Fresno State so California will buy tickets to see him.

Houston:
1. Trade opens possibilty for Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell to drop to their pick.
2. Frees Cap Space allowing them to sign a veteran QB or trade for one, Jake Plummer???

thoughts...

Michele Forbes 02-14-2007 12:24 PM

Make sense Carr would be a great fit in Oakland.

bsaza2358 02-14-2007 12:44 PM

Hmm... Carr would go to Oakland, a team with a leaky OLine, questionable receiving weapons, and a minor semblance of a run game... Oakland will send a first day pick for a QB who has been beaten to death for 5 seasons and hasn't shown much due to defensive pressure... why?

I'm sure Houston would do the deal, then sign Jake Plummer while they sit and groom their QB of the future this season. Oakland's side makes little sense.

Dustmck 02-14-2007 12:44 PM

Just what Carr wants, another tour of duty on a team with a terrible o-line

JagHombre22 02-14-2007 12:56 PM

if byron leftwich doesn't stick around, It'd be interesting to see if the Jags offer a fourth or fourth and a player for him...he's still got amazing potential...

bearsfan_51 02-14-2007 01:03 PM

David Carr doesn't have the arm strength Al Davis goes gaga for.

NFLBOY 02-14-2007 01:05 PM

Re: David Carr's Future Team

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDIAC CAT 7
Oakland:
1. Oakland gets a Quarterback that still has potential without using a 1st Round pick (which Al Davis hates to draft in the 1st Round).
3. Trading Pick is no worry because OAK will be stocked with picks after they trade Moss and Porter.
4. David Carr goes back home where he is loved and had a success with Fresno State so California will buy tickets to see him.

Houston:
1. Trade opens possibilty for Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell to drop to their pick.
2. Frees Cap Space allowing them to sign a veteran QB or trade for one, Jake Plummer???

thoughts...

Makes no sense. Why would you get carr, but get rid of Moss and Porter. You need to think about that one a little bit. It would do the Raiders no good.

packer_pat_4 02-14-2007 01:44 PM

I thought Carr couldnt perform behind a shaky O-Line.... and you think it would be good for him to go to an even worse line?
Carr would get destroyed in Oakland.

I think it is best for both these teams to start over new, they're not getting it done with their current QB's.

CARDIAC CAT 7 02-14-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLBOY
Quote:

Oakland:

Houston:

thoughts...

Makes no sense. Why would you get carr, but get rid of Moss and Porter. You need to think about that one a little bit. It would do the Raiders no good.

Why would you keep Moss and Porter when you have Calvin Johnson??? That question is even more mind bending. David Carr is not a bad QB he just needs a fresh start and being in his home state I think would boost his moral and if anyone is going to get the max out of Carr its a team that likes to throw the deep ball. OAK has a better running game than HOU too which will open more passing lanes for Calvin a reciever that give 110% every down. I think Lane Kiffin plays a big part in this too because he has shown he can make QBs great Leinart / Palmer, Carr has similar skill set and I think he could work with him.

Ward 02-14-2007 01:56 PM

IMO I think he'll either be in Houston or Miami.

SeanTaylorRIP 02-14-2007 02:02 PM

David Carr's situation in Oakland would be worse than he is in Houston.

NIN1984 02-14-2007 02:04 PM

Please not Oakland.

02-14-2007 02:28 PM

he would probably be an improvement going to OAK but he will play horrible because of there poor o-line and no support from the running game.

miamichamp_305 02-14-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ward
IMO I think he'll either be in Houston or Miami.

MIAMI?!?!?! What exactly makes you say that? The LAST thing we need is a Joey Harrington clone, why would we want to cut Harrington to then get a guy who is just as crappy as he is. No thank you. Right now our starting QB is Pep, Lemon is our backup, and some free agent or late round pick as the 3rd stringer. We have absolutely NO NEED for a QB! I hate how people keep saying we need one, WE DONT! And people cant talk crap about Pep when he was playing injured, give him 1 season at 100%.

bsaza2358 02-14-2007 02:45 PM

I think Carr will stay for this year, but he'll be pushed by a veteran backup or a high round draft pick. He is no longer the face of the franchise. The Texans' actions in Rounds 1 and 2 will speak volumes about where they think the team is going under Carr.

Regardless, I doubt Oakland happens. Miami is 99% unlikely.

BuddyCHRIST 02-14-2007 02:50 PM

If I was the Bears I'd try to get him, if your not sold on Grossman you don't want to have to draft another guy and develop him but then your D is pretty young so you don't want to get an old guy who you will have to replace in 2 years.

princefielder28 02-14-2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustmck
Just what Carr wants, another tour of duty on a team with a terrible o-line

Be an easy adjustment though...haha

Shiver 02-14-2007 02:57 PM

There is a team out there that would upgrade by having him at Quarterback?! :shock:

dlions20 02-14-2007 02:59 PM

I think Cleveland would be a good fit. Let hit battle with Frye, hes never been pushed really for the starting spot, its allways been handed to him.

Id give a 4rth for him. maybe a 3rd if thats what it will take.

lionsfan81 02-14-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST
If I was the Bears I'd try to get him, if your not sold on Grossman you don't want to have to draft another guy and develop him but then your D is pretty young so you don't want to get an old guy who you will have to replace in 2 years.

Grossman has 1 full year starting, mainly of his problems are due to mechanics. We signed Griese incase Grossman couldnt perform, and we know he can. He needs more experience, lets not forget this guy was lighting it up some games.

Bradentonian 02-14-2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver
There is a team out there that would upgrade by having him at Quarterback?! :shock:

The Bucs would, but that's not saying much

Shiver 02-14-2007 06:25 PM

No Jeff Tedford Quarterback should be drafted in the first round, ever, again. Carr was their last shot to produce a solid NFL starter. When Gary Kubiak is more confident in Sage Rosenfels, and is willing to trade you, that isn't a good indication.

RaiderNation 02-14-2007 06:48 PM

i will take any qb, just if we get CJ from it

doingthisinsteadofwork 02-14-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLBOY
Quote:

Oakland:

Houston:

thoughts...

What are you talking about!Getting rid of Moss will only improve the team.

02-14-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation
i will take any qb, just if we get CJ from it

If he can't do anything with Andre Johnson, he's not going to do anything next year with CJ.