Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Tim Duncan Gets Away With Too Much (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14922)

bigbluedefense 11-16-2007 09:15 PM

Tim Duncan Gets Away With Too Much

He does a moving pick every friggin time. And half his "blocks", he gets all forearm.

If they called the game fair, without any bias for star players, you could literally foul him out in 10 minutes.

Still love him as a player though, but jeez, he gets away with too much.

KILLERSANTA 11-16-2007 09:17 PM

I hate timmy. he's a cry baby.....

bigbluedefense 11-16-2007 09:19 PM

the whole spurs team is a bunch of cry babies.

What about Manu "I flop like a soccer player" Ginobli?

Tony Parker....well i just don't like Tony Parker.

Turtlepower 11-16-2007 09:21 PM

I love how they let all superstars travel...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UBVvfYd9Wbo

KILLERSANTA 11-16-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 732310)
the whole spurs team is a bunch of cry babies.

What about Manu "I flop like a soccer player" Ginobli?

Tony Parker....well i just don't like Tony Parker.

Yeah, But I would Tap his wife(wearing make-up).

bigbluedefense 11-16-2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA (Post 732313)
Yeah, But I would Tap his wife(wearing make-up).

Oh makeup is a must. Or the good ol paperbag when makeup isn't readily available.

bigbluedefense 11-16-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtlepower (Post 732312)
I love how they let all superstars travel...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UBVvfYd9Wbo

Haha, you don't have to tell me. Im a diehard Knicks fan. Patrick Ewing took 3 steps to the hoop every single time.

I miss those days :(

Turtlepower 11-16-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 732316)
Haha, you don't have to tell me. Im a diehard Knicks fan. Patrick Ewing took 3 steps to the hoop every single time.

I miss those days :(

I miss John Starks the most. He was my favorite player. Well, until he just completely sucked it up in the Finals.

P-L 11-16-2007 09:27 PM

You mean like coming off the bench and onto to court and not getting suspended?

bigbluedefense 11-16-2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtlepower (Post 732318)
I miss John Starks the most. He was my favorite player. Well, until he just completely sucked it up in the Finals.

Game 7 shall never be mentioned ever again....EVER.

:(

Those were the good ol days brother. :(

bigbluedefense 11-16-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions (Post 732321)

Ugh, don't remind me. My favorite player in the NBA is Amare Stoudemire. I was so pissed.

How is Stern going to follow the "letter of the law" with that, then not do the same with his refs?

What a jerk.

Turtlepower 11-16-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions (Post 732321)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y39nRO5keRM

Turtlepower 11-16-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 732330)
Ugh, don't remind me. My favorite player in the NBA is Amare Stoudemire. I was so pissed.

How is Stern going to follow the "letter of the law" with that, then not do the same with his refs?

What a jerk.

I hate people who say that David Stern is one of the best commissioners. I would say that without Michael Jordan, David Stern would not have a job.

On a side note, I think David Stern should personally take the Knicks away from James Dolan and Isaih Thomas.

bigbluedefense 11-16-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtlepower (Post 732334)
I hate people who say that David Stern is one of the best commissioners. I would say that without Michael Jordan, David Stern would not have a job.

On a side note, I think David Stern should personally take the Knicks away from James Dolan and Isaih Thomas.

Dolan has his heart in the right spot, but his brain is nowhere to be found. We're screwed for a long time with our salary cap problem.

We just need to suck for a lil while (without spending money while sucking) and just try to make a big splash maybe 4 years from now.

Turtlepower 11-16-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 732338)
Dolan has his heart in the right spot, but his brain is nowhere to be found. We're screwed for a long time with our salary cap problem.

We just need to suck for a lil while (without spending money while sucking) and just try to make a big splash maybe 4 years from now.

I still can't believe that Thomas still has a job. That just boggles my mind. He is arguably worse than Matt Millen *gasp*.

bigbluedefense 11-16-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtlepower (Post 732339)
I still can't believe that Thomas still has a job. That just boggles my mind. He is arguably worse than Matt Millen *gasp*.

I want Marbury to spill the beans. That way, Dolan has to fire Thomas because of the bad pub right?

Right?

bigbluedefense 11-16-2007 09:36 PM

Oh and screw you Eddie Curry. You want to improve your rebounding and shot blocking? Then jump fatass.

Turtlepower 11-16-2007 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 732344)
I want Marbury to spill the beans. That way, Dolan has to fire Thomas because of the bad pub right?

Right?

Why is it that all of the NY teams coaches I don't like and underperform stay (Coughlin and Thomas) while the one I love gets more or less fired (Torre). This is a bad time to be a NY fan. =(

Turtlepower 11-16-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 732345)
Oh and screw you Eddie Curry. You want to improve your rebounding and shot blocking? Then jump fatass.

I knew someone who tried to justify the Curry trade. I laughed at him and then cried a little. =(

Rob S 11-16-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtlepower (Post 732318)

I am meeting him tomorrow night haha. My friend wants to call him out on the finals.

bantx 11-16-2007 10:12 PM

there is a nba discussion thread

Brodeur 11-16-2007 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtlepower (Post 732334)

Well he did manage to cover up Michael Jordan's gambling obsession pretty well in the early 90's.

And Stern IS one of the best commissioners, simply because Bud Selig and Gary Bettman are awful.

Ewing 11-16-2007 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 732308)
He does a moving pick every friggin time. And half his "blocks", he gets all forearm.

If they called the game fair, without any bias for star players, you could literally foul him out in 10 minutes.

The entire Spurs roster gets away with too much. Bruce Bowen is the dirtiest player in the league.

Namy 11-16-2007 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 732308)

This has been obvious for years now. Duncan complains about every call/non-call that doesn't benefit the Spurs. The most annoying thing is that the refs continue to listen to them. But above all, I hate manu. He makes a living off of flops. He initiates contact, but the call always goes his way... it's ridiculous. I wanna see a real foul on Manu... like a Shaq body slam on Ginobili.

McBain 11-17-2007 01:30 AM

dude, i think tim wants to kill manu... that's my two cents... oh and i think the officials are mystified by his beard growing abilities.