Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Best game you have ever attended. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1587)

buckeyes12 02-20-2007 03:03 AM

Best game you have ever attended.

Mine would have to be Giants hosting Broncos last year at the Meadowlands. Eli's gw drive and TD to Amani Toomer.

It was about 25 out, sitting in the nosebleeds with 3 of my best friends, thousands of screaming fans, it was just incredible.

That drive alone will always leave me hope in Eli Manning.

what was your most memorable/exciting game?

KCJ58 02-20-2007 03:06 AM

Superbowl 38 i think the Patriots vs. Panthers in Houston that was a great game

Caddy 02-20-2007 04:47 AM

None :cry:

255979119 02-20-2007 07:11 AM

Pats vs Colts in Foxboro opening day 2004 season.

3rd row on the 46.

Highlight of the game = Bruschi's redzone diving INT.

Vince Lombardi 02-20-2007 09:37 AM

Philly @ GB on Monday Night Football the year GB won the Super Bowl. GB wooped their asses 39-13. 8) Any game at Lambeau Field is amazing though, I'd highly recommend experiencing it atleast once.

bigmac076 02-20-2007 09:48 AM

I was at the Sunday Night Football at Giants Stadium; final game of the 2004 season. Cowboys @ Giants. Tiki Barber scored the go ahead TD with only 1:38 remaining. Now, even though the Cowboys lost, I thought it was a good game.

someone447 02-20-2007 10:22 AM

The last Packer game at County Stadium against the Falcons. It also happened to be the first time in YEARS the Packers clinched the playoffs. It was also the game of Sterling Sharpe's injury. The game ended with Favre diving into the endzone for the go ahead score.

The Dynasty 02-20-2007 10:38 AM

Even though it was a Preseason it was my 2 years ago i think Vikings vs Chargers. Being from New York and Driving 17 hours to see them it was a thrill. Also seeing Culpepper and LT and Brees. I was right next to the Tunnel so i saw them all come out.

Best Regular Season game - Dolphins vs Bills, That rival is very fun to be around up there.

dcrls 02-20-2007 10:46 AM

the lions game vs the vikings in 2005, when that guy ran around with the fire millen sign, that was the only form of entertainment at ford field. all the other lions games i've been to have sucked. cause the lions suck

Jay 02-20-2007 10:48 AM

I've only been to three games and one of them was preseason Pats/Cowboys game in the old Foxboro Stadium, so I'd have to go with this years Jaguars/Jets game by default since the Jags put up 42 points on them... although the Pats/Jags game was good too...

ny10804 02-20-2007 11:13 AM

EDIT- I put a baseball game...

UKfan 02-20-2007 11:14 AM

The only game I have been to is the Jets - Raiders game at the end of this regular season, which was great, bring on the London game!

Jughead10 02-20-2007 11:33 AM

I was also at the Giants/Denver game when Eli beat Denver with only seconds left with a TD pass to Toomer. That was real exciting.

Also back in 2001, Seahawks played the Giants and Keri Collins led the Giants back on a late drive that went 96 yards to win.

Other than those two, I've been to quite a couple of games where the Giants beat the Cowboys, that is always great.

Number 10 02-20-2007 11:37 AM

Two games come to mind.

Shockey and Dawkins going up for a jump ball for the game winning TD....I assume you know who won the battle.

Annd....41-0.

bigbluedefense 02-20-2007 11:55 AM

Haven't gone to many Giants games. I usually sit home with the family, all my brothers and cousins, and we all watch the game together on the big screen with lots of grub in front of us. We all get together for one day and act as homers together. Its fun times. More of a family gathering coupled with football.

Haven't really gone to any memorable games. I guess the infamous NO "home game" last year.

The panthers playoff game wouldve been the best had the Giants not gotten their ass kicked. :(

DeathbyStat 02-20-2007 12:04 PM

I know isn't NFL but the 2005 Penn State Ohio State game in Happy valley

BigDawg819 02-20-2007 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10
Two games come to mind.

Shockey and Dawkins going up for a jump ball for the game winning TD....I assume you know who won the battle.

Annd....41-0.

41-0? Could that be 2001 NFC Championship Game? That game was a precursor to things to come in the Super Bowl.... :roll:

Lets see:

Ravens - Broncos 2001 AFC Wild Card : great game....great Defense...Super Bowl run had begun

Ravens - Browns 2003 : Jamal sets NFL single game rushing record

Ravens - Colts 2007 AFC Divisional Game : result sucked but great game atmosphere

Ravens - Cowboys 2005 : Kyle Boller passes for 4 TD's ... why isn't starting?

Ravens - Panthers 2006 : Kyle Boller comes in to almost get the victory and leads 3 TD drives ... again why isn't he starting

Ravens - Chargers 2006 : Great early season game, HEAP!!!!!!!!!!

The Unseen 02-20-2007 12:20 PM

Colts/Jags this year was pretty good....Steelers/Jags was also good...I dunno, we always kill everyone at home minus the Texans.

My personal fave was probably Jags/Titans last year, with the 40-14 result. Everybody was doing the wave, watching the Titans get slaughtered, and the best part, chanting "Fisher sucks! Fisher sucks!". That was awesome.

Jughead10 02-20-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Haven't gone to many Giants games. I usually sit home with the family, all my brothers and cousins, and we all watch the game together on the big screen with lots of grub in front of us. We all get together for one day and act as homers together. Its fun times. More of a family gathering coupled with football.

Haven't really gone to any memorable games. I guess the infamous NO "home game" last year.

The panthers playoff game wouldve been the best had the Giants not gotten their ass kicked. :(

I was at both those games as well. The Pantehrs game was definately not fun. :( The Saints game this year might have been even less fun. Driving up there to see a terrible butt kicking on Christmas Eve was not good. However the Monday night Saints home game last year was very fun. A couple of girls from New Orleans drove into the stadium hanging out their sun roof showing everyone their tits. Which is always good. We also had a couple of couches and a keg in the parking lot for the tail gate.

TitleTown088 02-20-2007 12:26 PM

Packers vs. vikings this year. It wasn't really that great of game, but it was my favorite packer game i have attended.

skarocksoi 02-20-2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathbyStat
I know isn't NFL but the 2005 Penn State Ohio State game in Happy valley

I second that, the atmosphere in that game was amazing.

Boston 02-20-2007 12:31 PM

"We'll take the ball and we're going to score."

sik wit it 02-20-2007 12:31 PM

Either when the Cowboys finally came to GB and we whooped the **** out of them(Darren Sharper jumped on me)
The Packers Seattle Playoff game(We want the ball and we're going to score, Harris' beautiful dreads floppin in the breeze)
The 96 NFC Championship game between the packers and panthers.
Monday Night Football Packers Vs Vikings, "He did what?"

Dam8610 02-20-2007 12:39 PM

1/21/2007 AFC Championship Game Patriots at Colts

One of the best games ever IMO. It was a great thing to witness live.

jag 02-20-2007 12:59 PM

Jets V. Vikings, the game itself was pretty sub-par, but what made the game memorable was that Brad Johnson was benched. So if I can describe how it went it would be like this...

Going into the third quater a silent Metrodome was all that could be found, as Chad Pennington was lighting things up on a horrible Viking secondary. When suddenly a murmer arouse amounst the crowd. It appeared from a distance that Tavaris Jackson was warming up on the sidelines, but nobody wanted cheer just yet, as we've seen Brad Johnson go back in so many times.

The Vikings get the ball back, and suddenly the crowd erupts in to a arousing uproar of joy and extasy. Tavaris Jackson was taking the field, and was giving a standing ovation, that lasted at least five minutes. First play, completion, the crowd went insane. Suddenly, the drive stalled, and on 3rd down T-Jack threw an incompletion. He received the loudest cheer, for an incomplete pass, I've ever heard in my life. The city loved him, and Brad was done.