Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Matt Schaub: On the Trade Block (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1661)

Splat 02-21-2007 06:39 PM

Matt Schaub: On the Trade Block

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...e&type=fantasy

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Update: The Falcons will likely shop Schaub this offseason as he's set to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2007 campaign, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Recommendation: Atlanta may look to address needs at defensive end or safety by dealing Schaub for an extra selection in April's draft, rather than running the risk of receiving no compensation for him if he walks after the season. For a career backup, Schaub will draw plenty of interest around the league and could net the Falcons a second or third-round selection.

bigbluedefense 02-21-2007 06:42 PM

Hmm...where will he go? Not many WCO teams anymore. Houston might give up a 2nd for him. If Im Jacksonville, Id make a trade for Schaub. Or maybe Detroit gives up their 2nd for him and drafts Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas with their 1st?

The plot thickens....

Splat 02-21-2007 06:44 PM

I would love the Chiefs to go after him but we have so many holes I don't think we want to give up any draft picks we all ready are down a 4th round pick.

princefielder28 02-21-2007 06:50 PM

Well, Schaub is certainly ready to start in the NFL and if he is looking for more money that the Falcons are willing to fork over then Atlanta has to look at all the offers they get and choose the best one b/c otherwise they get nothing in return

PackerFan20 02-21-2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Hmm...where will he go? Not many WCO teams anymore. Houston might give up a 2nd for him. If Im Jacksonville, Id make a trade for Schaub. Or maybe Detroit gives up their 2nd for him and drafts Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas with their 1st?

The plot thickens....

I think DET would be stupid to take him, they all ready have Kitna and Mcown has a lot of potential.

Staubach12 02-21-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

The plot thickens....

The plot thinkens should be your catch phrase from now on.

Anyway, If he doesn't go to a team that runs the WCO, I think that he'll be a dissapointment. If he goes to a team who runs a WCO, it's gunna be fun to watch. He's a system QB.

AZ9er 02-21-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat420
I would love the Chiefs to go after him but we have so many holes I don't think we want to give up any draft picks we all ready are down a 4th round pick.

Give them Greg Wesley for Schaub

bigbluedefense 02-21-2007 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:

The plot thickens....

Anyway, If he doesn't go to a team that runs the WCO, I think that he'll be a dissapointment. If he goes to a team who runs a WCO, it's gunna be fun to watch. He's a system QB.

Well, theres not many WCO teams anymore. Its a dying breed. And the teams that do run WCO, theyre all set at qb except for Tampa, and Atlanta would never trade Schaub to Tampa.

I think Schaub can work in other schemes. He's more comfortable with WCO, but he can work as a regular qb, especially with his mobility.

asmitty45 02-21-2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

The plot thickens....

Id love to get him, but im not so sure id give up a second straight up for him we, we have far too many other needs to spend a pick on a QB IMO.

asmitty45 02-21-2007 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko4
Quote:

The plot thickens....

I think DET would be stupid to take him, they all ready have Kitna and Mcown has a lot of potential.

Youre wrong, he doesnt Orlovsky does. McCown Blows but the lions seem to wanna keep him around.

yourfavestoner 02-21-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:

The plot thickens....

Well, theres not many WCO teams anymore. Its a dying breed. And the teams that do run WCO, theyre all set at qb except for Tampa, and Atlanta would never trade Schaub to Tampa.

I think Schaub can work in other schemes. He's more comfortable with WCO, but he can work as a regular qb, especially with his mobility.

He reminds me so much of Matt Leinart. I'm not down for the noodle arms.

bearsfan_51 02-21-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asmitty45
Quote:

Quote:

The plot thickens....

Youre wrong, he doesnt Orlovsky does. McCown Blows but the lions seem to wanna keep him around.

Orlovsky is nothing special at all. He should never be a starter in the NFL longterm.

BigDawg819 02-21-2007 07:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The plot thickens....

Josh McCown is destined for the slot receiver.............he was beast in the Patriots game! Stupid Cardinals thought he was a quarterback.........

ninerfan 02-21-2007 07:45 PM

Schaub is definately starter material I'm just not sure where

M.O.T.H. 02-21-2007 08:05 PM

Question... What makes you all think Schaub is starting material? I'm really thinking there is just a bunch a bandwagon jumpers in here because, he hasnt proven a damn thing. He has been sporadic as hell (including pre season) and is easily the most overrated player in the NFL. I still do not understand the Schaub infatuation... makes no sense at all. Seriously, have you even seen him play?

M.O.T.H. 02-21-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The plot thickens....

Orlovsky is nothing special at all. He should never be a starter in the NFL longterm.

I agree.

D-Unit 02-21-2007 08:06 PM

Atlanta fans will be fumed if they don't get a first round pick or better for him. :lol:

Shiver 02-21-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit
Atlanta fans will be fumed if they don't get a first round pick or better for him. :lol:

Certain ones, for sure.. Some Falcons fans have an inflated worth for Matt Schaub. I would be thrilled with a high 2nd round pick, personally.

niel89 02-21-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

The plot thickens....

that would have to be the best thing ever :lol:

Shiver 02-21-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niel89
Quote:

The plot thickens....

that would have to be the best thing ever :lol:

Don't worry, all of those ACC, GT, homers, are dying to sell the farm for Calvin Johnson.

regoob2 02-21-2007 10:21 PM

I think they should have made this trade earlir> Matt Schaub deserves to start

49ersfan_87 02-21-2007 10:50 PM

I wonder if they would use matt schaub in a trade up? Maybe with houston.

sweetness34 02-21-2007 10:53 PM

How do you know if Schaub is starter material? He's played like 3 games.

He may have potential to be good, but no one knows how good he is. Which I find hilarious because of how much teams are going to have to pay to get this guy. The most overrated player in the league right now, and he doesn't even play. :lol:

Finlayson56 02-21-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

The plot thickens....

He isnt worth a 1round pick.3rd or 4th roundat most.

Number 10 02-22-2007 12:03 AM

Why not to the Raiders for their 3rd rounder?

That way Raiders fans could get their wish and take Johnson, maybe Thomas.