Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   ~~Official Comic Book Thread~~ (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17449)

A Perfect Score 01-24-2008 11:03 PM

~~Official Comic Book Thread~~
 
I can't be the only comic book fan on this forum, so i decided that we should have our own thread. Feel free to discuss anything comics, from Marvel to DC, movies to novels, whatever tickles your fancy. Post pics, argue, state your favourite this or that.

Ill start, gotta say my favourite superhero is Iron Man. Cant wait for the movie to come out in May.

NIN1984 01-24-2008 11:15 PM

I'm a fan of Tomb of Dracula that was my favorite as a kid and still is today. I never really got into anything like Spider-Man. I always liked the darker characters like Blade, Spawn, The Crow etc...

Hurricane Ditka 01-25-2008 12:01 AM

I read the occasional graphic novel.



Read The Watchmen. That's an order.

A Perfect Score 01-25-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka (Post 860359)
I read the occasional graphic novel.



Read The Watchmen. That's an order.

Watchmen completely revolutionized comics and graphic novels. It brought gritty and dark comics to the forefront of our generation, paving the way for the retooling of Batman and boosted the popularity of some anti-heroes like Wolverine and The Punisher. Its a classic.

Brent 01-25-2008 10:40 AM

when I was between the ages of 8-14, I used to get collect. Spider-Man was always my favorite but I used to think that the Scarlet Spider was better than Spider-Man.

Brent 01-25-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 860301)
Cant wait for the movie to come out in May.

Robert Downey Jr. is a great fit for Iron Man, I think. However, that could just be because I think his being a sarcastic ass is hilarious.

A Perfect Score 01-25-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentN (Post 860723)
Robert Downey Jr. is a great fit for Iron Man, I think. However, that could just be because I think his being a sarcastic ass is hilarious.


he really is, but for mroe then just hsi sarcasm. He looks the part, but also his real life struggles with substance abuse parallell the troubles with alcohol abuse that Tony Stark (aka Iron Man) struggles with in the comics. Im really excited to see how the movies turns out, the trailer looks awesome.

diabsoule 01-25-2008 11:20 AM

I used to be a huge comic book nerd but stopped collecting about 8 years ago. I was really big into X-Men and all of the spinoffs of that title.

Jvig43 01-25-2008 11:53 AM

i was huge into collecting and batman comics and graphic novels when i was a lot younger. i have boxes of batman comics. after batmman id have to say x-men, then spidey and maybe one or two spawn comics. i hated the superman comics, im just not a fan of superman, have never been, prolly never will.

A Perfect Score 01-25-2008 02:15 PM

batman is badass indeed...i cant wait for the dark knight. im a big fan of christopher nolans version of batman, although tim burton didnt do a bad job. I seriously think this performanceof the joker will be one of my all time favourite movie characters, along with van wilder and tyler durden.

A Perfect Score 02-06-2008 12:29 AM

this thread wasnt as successful as id hoped lol...but oh well. Since the new Iron man ad premiered during the super bowl, just thought id post a link and get some comments (the link is acutally in my sig). Anyone else think this movie looks amazing? teh part where he just poons the tank pretty much made me hard, i cant wait for it to come out in may.

JagHombre22 02-06-2008 12:41 AM

I'm a serious fan of Batman and DC...I could care less about marvel but I've kept up (somewhat) with spiderman...

I've got a china cabinet in my house full of Batman Comics...I'd say prolly around 2K worth...

Hurricane Ditka 02-06-2008 10:09 AM

Alan Moore=Genius.

Fact/

Crickett 02-06-2008 10:38 AM

I stop by the comic shop every two of three weeks. I'm moving further and further away from Marvel though thanks to the events of House of M (made me drop all X titles), Civil War (made me drop a bunch of other titles) and One More Day (so long Spidey titles). At this point, the comics I buy regularly are.

Mighty Avengers
Exiles
Hulk (the new one)
She-Hulk
Nova
Ms. Marvel
JLA
JSA
Teen Titans
Green Lantern

and sometimes New Avengers.

I didn't buy the Sinestro Corps War Green Lantern comics because I am waiting for the TPB's.

Not really digging the Exiles reboot and I'm waiting to see where they go with the whole Red Hulk story before I make a final decision whether or not its worth buying on a long term basis.

badgerbacker 02-06-2008 11:06 AM

DC definitely rocks Marvel's socks. I'll read the occasional graphic novel here and there, and The Dark Knight Returns has to be the best one I've read. I'm really hoping that one is eventually turned into a movie.

A Perfect Score 02-06-2008 12:45 PM

im a marvel man myself...but only certain titles. I was big into the xmen when i was a kid, but the whole apocalypse thing turned me off pretty quick. I was never a fan of the JLA, however i do love batman but i dislike superman. Iron Man was always my favourite hero, I think because he did it all himself like he created his own armour, didnt have any special powers other then the fact that hes supersmart.

Also, I really liked iron man because he had real life troubles, like his struggle with alcoholism. some other comics i am big on:

Deadpool (without doubt my 2nd favourite...hes witty and probably the most deadly weapons master in all of comics)

Hellblazer (Constantine)- a was a big fan of these as well...another alan moore creation. (yes he is a genius)

A Perfect Score 02-06-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JagHombre22 (Post 880500)
I'm a serious fan of Batman and DC...I could care less about marvel but I've kept up (somewhat) with spiderman...

I've got a china cabinet in my house full of Batman Comics...I'd say prolly around 2K worth...

thats ridiculous and i am insanely jeleous. although my iron man collection is probably worth quite a bit of cash in itself.

Crickett 02-06-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 880978)
thats ridiculous and i am insanely jeleous. although my iron man collection is probably worth quite a bit of cash in itself.

I'm just the opposite. I don't care about the top DC characters such as Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman. Nor do I care about Spider-man or the X-Men, although my apathy towards them is more recent. And while I've been reading Hulk recently, I stopped that from a period reaching from '96 (or whenever the whole Onslaught thing was, I think it was '96) until Planet Hulk.

badgerbacker 02-06-2008 01:53 PM

DC comics also has the ultimate character... The Spectre. He's basically God's wrath on earth. Probably too powerful, which is why the character never became big, but still very awesome.

A Perfect Score 02-06-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgerbacker (Post 881117)
DC comics also has the ultimate character... The Spectre. He's basically God's wrath on earth. Probably too powerful, which is why the character never became big, but still very awesome.

i was never a big fan of those kind of charadcters...same as apocalypse in the xmen series and even superman to a degree. I prefer characters who have struggled with their own inner demons or arent completely unbeatable. It just takes the fun right out of it lol.

JagHombre22 02-06-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 880978)
thats ridiculous and i am insanely jeleous. although my iron man collection is probably worth quite a bit of cash in itself.

I inherited most of them from my older brother and cousin, they were mad comic book and Batman collectors...when my cousin passed my brother got all of his comics, and when my brother turned 26 he gave me all of his comics...I had them appraised by a local comic book store owner and he came up with the 2K figure...

A Perfect Score 02-06-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JagHombre22 (Post 881165)
I inherited most of them from my older brother and cousin, they were mad comic book and Batman collectors...when my cousin passed my brother got all of his comics, and when my brother turned 26 he gave me all of his comics...I had them appraised by a local comic book store owner and he came up with the 2K figure...

thats solid bro...i dont think im quite there yet. I have a bunch of iron man comics and a good collection of deadpool ones, and then a smattering of everything else (both DC and Marvel) but i only really take good care of teh iron man ones they are all tagged and bagged and such.

JagHombre22 02-06-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 881275)
thats solid bro...i dont think im quite there yet. I have a bunch of iron man comics and a good collection of deadpool ones, and then a smattering of everything else (both DC and Marvel) but i only really take good care of teh iron man ones they are all tagged and bagged and such.

yea, I don't know what to do with them...my wife tells me all the time I should sell them but I just ignore her and do whatever...but it's really tempting especially since I don't really add to the collection...they just sit there...I might give them to my future son one day, I guess...

A Perfect Score 02-06-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JagHombre22 (Post 881398)
yea, I don't know what to do with them...my wife tells me all the time I should sell them but I just ignore her and do whatever...but it's really tempting especially since I don't really add to the collection...they just sit there...I might give them to my future son one day, I guess...

id keep a few key episodes to pass on, but unless you are a big fan, i might get rid of em...2 grand is alot fo cash. but then again, they are only gunna appreciate in value, so if you wait a bit, you might be able to get more in a few years.

Cashmoney 02-06-2008 07:20 PM

My top 5 comicbook heroes of all time IMO...
1) Iron man
2) Batman
3) Wolverine
4) Spiderman
5) the punisher


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.