Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Arizona Cardinals Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Arizona Cardinals Discussion Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1948)

Tubby 02-25-2007 07:27 PM

Arizona Cardinals Discussion Thread

Yeah, I started the discussion thread, you wanna fight about it?

I'll start!

What are the Arizona Cardinals' biggest draft needs?

VikesRule 02-25-2007 07:40 PM

Now that this is a team board there will be more than one thread, lol.

The Cardinals need offensive lineman the most in the draft.

fenikz 02-25-2007 08:30 PM

Lt, Cb, Olb, Fs, De, Fb

ds8582 02-26-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenikz (Post 162910)
Lt, Cb, Olb, Fs, De, Fb

O Line in general

Scott Wright 02-26-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VikesRule (Post 162490)
Now that this is a team board there will be more than one thread, lol.

The Cardinals need offensive lineman the most in the draft.

Yes, we can have more than one thread for each team now. Knock yourselves out! :0

KCJ58 02-26-2007 05:03 PM

Get Joe Thomas if he's gone then Ganies Adams

shawn 02-26-2007 05:43 PM

o-line: any lineman would be great, but we need to get atleast one tackle

defensive end- berry cant stay healthy, and okeafor is inconsistant, so we need to bring in an end

outside linebacker- were fine at middle linebacker with hayes, and dansby is expected to play slb next season, so we need a wlb. because orlando huff isnt the answer there

cornerback- rolle should play better next season, but we need one more corner

free saftey- griffith is done now, and he wasnt that great to begin with, so a great saftey to put next to wilson would be nice

blocking tight end- leonard pope can catch, but we need someone who can block

power running back- james wasnt very good in the red-zone last year, so a big guy who can slam the ball in would be nice

Jensen 02-26-2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn (Post 167354)
o-line: any lineman would be great, but we need to get atleast one tackle

The only 4 I really want are Thomas, Brown, Staley, and Ugoh. None of the other late round picks usually do much with us.

brat316 02-26-2007 07:18 PM

not Gaines Adams i would rather have Jamal Anderson, sure he is a one year wonder but he does have a lot of potential

big rb i would say Nate Illiani from Hawaii i just love this guy he is a beast look him up on you tube

Also for safety we could get Weddell or Merriweather both can play safety or corner, i would love to get merriweather

Def a Tackle is needed, and DE, why not give Cooper a chance, even though he player in 13 games

I still would like Blackstock to have a chance at player wlb he did have good push rushing abilites

DE in the later rounds that would be good is http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...mafrancis.html
Ikaika Alama massive guy who is quick

someone should make a Mock Draft

Philliez01 02-27-2007 10:20 PM

I'm drawing up the beginning of a Mock and I'm currently stumped at who should go #5. Here's who's went where thus far.

Calvin Johnson
Gaines Adams
Adrian Peterson
Joe Thomas
?

Now, I could go Jamaal Anderson (but I'm not that high on him), Levi Brown (but is his stock still that high) or even Alan Branch as a DT. What do you guys think?

cardsalltheway 02-27-2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philliez01 (Post 171673)
I'm drawing up the beginning of a Mock and I'm currently stumped at who should go #5. Here's who's went where thus far.

Calvin Johnson
Gaines Adams
Adrian Peterson
Joe Thomas
?

Now, I could go Jamaal Anderson (but I'm not that high on him), Levi Brown (but is his stock still that high) or even Alan Branch as a DT. What do you guys think?

I'd say Anderson as well in that situation. Landry would fill the biggest need but would be a reach there and I think the Cardinals are set as far as DT goes.

shawn 02-27-2007 10:26 PM

landry is the bets pick imo

cardsalltheway 02-27-2007 10:34 PM

I'd love him on the team, but Top 5 is reserved for safeties like Sean Taylor and Kenny Phillips. And the Cardinals are not the team that reaches for need, they do the opposite. I see Anderson at that pick, but I'd much prefer Landry to Branch.

brat316 02-27-2007 11:43 PM

Yeah Landry would be nice, i actually wouldn't mind taking him at 5 really a reach, he did run a amzing 40 and now could be number 10 pick for Falcons, if JT is gone, we should trade down and try and stay in either top 10 near bottom like 8 9 10 and pick Landry from there, and then we could still have chance at getting a pretty good tackle in the Second, with Staley, and also get a DE with our third or a second that we might aquire from a trade

DrEvil63 03-01-2007 04:02 PM

Are you guys opposed to trading up to get joe thomas??

brat316 03-01-2007 04:19 PM

As long as the trade is not crazy, but moving up to number 2 is costly, moving up is a good idea just might cost too much

EdReedUnstoppable 03-03-2007 02:04 AM

Being that the Cardinals are my 2nd favorite team may I join you all and post about the team?

brat316 03-03-2007 02:24 AM

do it

landry thats larons bro, let me think uh 5ht round pick right
williams who is that

isnt it era or is it ERU becuase of THE U miami

EdReedUnstoppable 03-03-2007 02:26 AM

Its ERU because of EdReedUnstoppable, but Im also fond of the U.

Landry the 5th rd pick who should have been Defensive rookie of the year, and Williams is Demetrius Williams or D Will a 4th rder who slid to us and is a future star at WR.

brat316 03-03-2007 02:50 AM

Cool so your a cocksman

Jensen 03-03-2007 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhaarat316 (Post 176839)
As long as the trade is not crazy, but moving up to number 2 is costly, moving up is a good idea just might cost too much

Too many holes to fill to give up a 2nd rounder and another pick/player.

brat316 03-04-2007 03:46 PM

here our FA

we resigned Shipp
I think Macklen is gone, if we get a FA S Griffth is gone, but if we get a draft one he might stay

Arizona Cardinals Monty Beisel declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Jack Brewer declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Chris Cooper declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals James Darling declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Chris Liwienski declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Hanik Milligan declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Robert Tate declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Troy Walters declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Fred Wakefield declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Marcel Shipp declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals David Macklin declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Orlando Huff declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Robert Griffith declared free agent
Arizona Cardinals Leonard Davis declared

georgiafan 03-08-2007 10:43 AM

I think I mentioned on here that I am doing a mock draft with the cards on another site. So I always check to see whats going on with the team here. With my 1st round pick (8) I took Gaines Adams. With my second round pick I took Brandon Meriweather. I have two picks coming up in round 3. What do yall think so far ?

fenikz 03-08-2007 11:53 AM

good so far, but make sure you get a tackle at some time and WLB is another spot that needs help

georgiafan 03-08-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenikz (Post 200282)
good so far, but make sure you get a tackle at some time and WLB is another spot that needs help

Staley, Sears, Blaylock were all off the board by the time I picked. Paul Poz also went just a few picks ahead of me. How big if a need is OG and C ? I know OT is a big need I still have to fill. I also have two 5th round picks