Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The NFL All-bust team - GAME! (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2091)

PoopSandwich 02-26-2007 02:46 PM

The NFL All-bust team - GAME!
 
Here are the rules, you are to put together the All-bust team, from top 10 draft picks in the past 10 years...

Here is how the scoring works, if the player was picked first, he is worth 11 points, ninth, 10 points ETC all the way to out of the top 10, which is only worth one point.

If the player was a huge bust, give yourself 3 points, big bust, 2 points, bust 1 point.

If the player is not on a roster, give yourself 3 points, if he is on a roster, but a backup, 2 points... if he is a starter, give yourself 1 point.

Position breakdown

QB -
WR -
WR -
RB -
RB (2 RB because FB is too difficult) -
TE -
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL

not specific on OL position just because of the amount picked high that are busts.

Our defense will have 12 players (we dont play by the rules), just because were going to have 4 linemen and 4 linebackers.

DE -
DE -
DT -
DT -
OLB -
OLB -
MLB -
MLB -
S -
S -
CB -
CB -

Do your research, and may the best man win!

PoopSandwich 02-26-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinslowBodden (Post 166897)
Here are the rules, you are to put together the All-bust team, from top 10 draft picks in the past 10 years...

Here is how the scoring works, if the player was picked first, he is worth 11 points, ninth, 10 points ETC all the way to out of the top 10, which is only worth one point.

If the player was a huge bust, give yourself 3 points, big bust, 2 points, bust 1 point.

If the player is not on a roster, give yourself 3 points, if he is on a roster, but a backup, 2 points... if he is a starter, give yourself 1 point.

QB - Ryan Leaf, 10 + 3 + 3
WR - Charles Rogers - 10 + 3 + 3
WR - Peter Warrick - 8 + 3 + 3
RB - Curtis Enis - 7 + 3 + 3
RB (2 RB because FB is too difficult) -
TE -
OL - Robert Gallery - 10 + 3 + 1
OL - Mike Williams - 8 + 3 + 3
OL - Kyle Turley - 5 + 3 + 3
OL - Ross Verba - 1 + 3 + 1
OL -

Defense

DE - Courtney Brown 11 + 2 + 1
DE -
DT - Gerard Warren 9 + 2 + 1
DT - Dewayne Robertson - 8 + 1 + 1
OLB -
OLB -
MLB -
MLB -
S -
S -
CB - Terence Newman - 7 + 2 + 1 ( CHILL I WAS KIDDING )
CB -

Done for now, I may edit later, this is tougher than I thought lol.

hugegmenfan 02-26-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinslowBodden (Post 166978)
Done for now, I may edit later, this is tougher than I thought lol.

i would hardly call terrance newman a bust- there r many others who can fit that position

for HB put Ron Dayne

instead of newman put rahsard anderson, total bust picked by the carolina panthers in 1999

Scorch 02-26-2007 03:35 PM

Terence Newman isn't a bust. He's like a top five corner in the league. How do you label him as a bust?

niel89 02-26-2007 03:37 PM

i think it was a joke?

dre1614 02-26-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niel89 (Post 167065)
i think it was a joke?


doesnt look like he is joking to me

Finlayson56 02-26-2007 03:47 PM

Terence Newman isn't a bust

eacantdraft 02-26-2007 03:52 PM

How about putting Lawrence Phillips at RB.

Dewayne Robertson was looking to come around last season. William Joseph would be a better candidate.

Kyle Turley was not a bust. He was a top offensive lineman before injuring his back.

Tobzilla 02-26-2007 04:05 PM

Kyle Turley is not a bust, he had a few good seasons.

sweetness34 02-26-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finlayson56 (Post 167103)
Terence Newman isn't a bust

OMG don't let TNEWFan see this. He's gonna go menstral.

dre1614 02-26-2007 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetness34 (Post 167191)
OMG don't let TNEWFan see this. He's gonna go menstral.

You actually think he is a bust?

That is laughable

TNew is a top 5 corner

themaninblack 02-26-2007 04:16 PM

i wouldnt consider peter warrick a total bust either. he wasn't overly fast and came onto this team with exactly zero veteran recievers/qbs to learn from. the bengals screwed him up it wasnt that he wasnt talented enough.

KCJ58 02-26-2007 04:22 PM

Andre Ware, Cade McNown, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Tim Couch are All busts at QB

Philliez01 02-26-2007 04:25 PM

Couch wasn't as bad as the others, what about Mandarich? Andy Katzenmoyer, Mike Mamula, Jim Drunkenmiller. . . .

PoopSandwich 02-26-2007 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finlayson56 (Post 167103)
Terence Newman isn't a bust

The Newman was a joke, I was going to put Quentin Jammer there too :)

Try looking for a top 10 CB that is a bust... its extremely difficult to find one from the past 10 years.

PoopSandwich 02-26-2007 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eacantdraft (Post 167122)
How about putting Lawrence Phillips at RB.

Dewayne Robertson was looking to come around last season. William Joseph would be a better candidate.

Kyle Turley was not a bust. He was a top offensive lineman before injuring his back.

Because of steroids.

Woody56 02-26-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinslowBodden (Post 167317)
The Newman was a joke, I was going to put Quentin Jammer there too :)

Try looking for a top 10 CB that is a bust... its extremely difficult to find one from the past 10 years.

corner that was a big bust was bryant westbrook

sweetness34 02-26-2007 05:24 PM

David Terrell for WR, Marcus Spears for OT, Cade McNown for QB....Man I could go on and on with this.

Btw, Enis was not a bust. He just couldn't stay healthy, big difference. He was good when his knees weren't messed up. Much like Carter.

NYmoney 02-26-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre1614 (Post 167219)
You actually think he is a bust?

That is laughable

TNew is a top 5 corner

how is he a top 5? that's ridiculous.

Man_Of_Steel 02-26-2007 05:25 PM

Joey harrington

NYmoney 02-26-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetness34 (Post 167580)
David Terrell for WR, Marcus Spears for OT, Cade McNown for QB....Man I could go on and on with this.

Btw, Enis was not a bust. He just couldn't stay healthy, big difference. He was good when his knees weren't messed up. Much like Carter.

Enis didn't produce. thus he's a bust. i don't care what the excuse is. he was a bust.

sweetness34 02-26-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre1614 (Post 167219)
You actually think he is a bust?

That is laughable

TNew is a top 5 corner

What the **** are you talking about? When did I say he was a bust. Learn how to read my friend before you say something.

I said TNEWFan is going to go menstral if he sees someone said this about his boy. When and where did I say he was a bust.

He went all ape **** when people said TO was overrated. It was meant to be a joke, and you being a Cowboys fan, I thought you'd get it since you've probably seen him post in your team forum before.

Yeesh.

Edit: I guess I quoted the wrong thing. But still.

sweetness34 02-26-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYmoney (Post 167588)
Enis didn't produce. thus he's a bust. i don't care what the excuse is. he was a bust.

Kinda hard to produce when your knees are ****. I don't call that a bust. I call that misfortune.

A bust is Ryan Leaf, Charles Rogers, Andre Ware, Cade McNown, David Terrell, etc...Guys who had ample opportunites when healthy to produce and didn't. Curtis never regained form after he tore his knee up in his rookie season.

DWhitner20 02-26-2007 05:28 PM

Andre Wadsworth, DE - Cardinals

Acreboy 02-26-2007 05:29 PM

"The Boz".

Jon Sullivan DT


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.