Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA MVP (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215)

04-24-2006 06:32 PM

NBA MVP

Now that the season finally ended is it:

Kobe Bryant
Steve Nash
Lebron James

It will most likely be one of these 3.

Also when is the award voted on?

Keak Thee Sneak 04-24-2006 06:43 PM

As great a player as Nash is.. I think give him a slight unneccessary boost when it comes to voting.. I believe it's more so the system the Suns run thats helping the players then him. Yes he's the best player on the team, but he nor anyone in the NBA could make 293 guys play better.

Moses 04-24-2006 06:55 PM

Kobe Bryant. Put up very impressive statistics while carrying his mediocre team to the playoffs.

Fred Savage 04-24-2006 06:57 PM

LeBron.

LTgiants 04-24-2006 06:59 PM

STEVE NASH

Keak Thee Sneak 04-24-2006 07:00 PM

Kobe.

Fred Savage 04-24-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keak Thee Sneak
Kobe.

LeBron deserves the award. He is by far the best player in the league and actully makes the players around him better.

LTgiants 04-24-2006 07:06 PM

STEVE NASH makes the players around him better more then lebron and kobe ever has

Keak Thee Sneak 04-24-2006 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred Savage
Quote:

Kobe.

LeBron deserves the award. He is by far the best player in the league and actully makes the players around him better.

elway777 04-24-2006 07:09 PM

If not steve nash then kobe

Fred Savage 04-24-2006 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTgiants
STEVE NASH makes the players around him better more then lebron and kobe ever has

Yes but Steve Nash cant paly defense to save his life. MVP has to be Lebron.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 04-24-2006 07:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kobe.

You can't win the MVP based on one game. That was a spectacular game, and he still had a great season, worthy of MVP in most other seasons. But LeBron KILLED it. He got his team 50 wins, something Kobe didn't do. I know Kobe's in a tougher Western Conference, but history dictates that the MVP winner has to at least win 50 games.

LTgiants 04-24-2006 07:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

lebron rarely plays defense either

BehrenMan007 04-24-2006 07:19 PM

Kobe carried a lousy team on his back

jets future 04-24-2006 07:22 PM

kobe this dude has like a record breakin season and he is not the mvp that will be some bull shi*.

JPLUFF 04-24-2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Kobe.

Pretty sure Kobe does that too.

Take Kobe off that team and put an above average SG like Rip Hamilton in his place, and that team doesn't win 20 games.

Moses 04-24-2006 07:25 PM

LeBron has a much better supporting cast than Kobe. Kobe is clearly the better overall player. His 1 on 1 defence is far superior and he has a more complete offensive arsenal.

Eaglez.Fan 04-24-2006 07:26 PM

Fogartynyy2789 04-24-2006 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan

Pesky Canadians

MVP- Kobe Bryant (I flip flopped, I had LeBron in the NBA Award Thread)

Keak Thee Sneak 04-24-2006 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kobe.

You can't win the MVP based on one game. That was a spectacular game, and he still had a great season, worthy of MVP in most other seasons. But LeBron KILLED it. He got his team 50 wins, something Kobe didn't do. I know Kobe's in a tougher Western Conference, but history dictates that the MVP winner has to at least win 50 games.

Ok so basically everyones argument for LeBron is history. Good stuff guys, pathetic.

Kobe has it hands down. LOOK WHO HE IS SURROUNDED BY.. JESUS CHRIST THOSE PLAYERS ARE HORRIBLE.

Steve Nash is good but the Suns offense is a system offense that helps everyone.

Some Dude 04-24-2006 07:51 PM

LeBron James because I'm a Cavs fan. :)

Steve Nash does make players around him better, but before he came along... they were already good.

Kobe basically brought his team to the playoffs, but he doesn't really make his team play better.

LeBron does make his team play better. He has great stats, 50 wins, and has made pretty much no bodys to some bodys.

Fogartynyy2789 04-24-2006 07:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kobe.

Ok so basically everyones argument for LeBron is history. Good stuff guys, pathetic.

Kobe has it hands down. LOOK WHO HE IS SURROUNDED BY.. JESUS CHRIST THOSE PLAYERS ARE HORRIBLE.

Steve Nash is good but the Suns offense is a system offense that helps everyone.

I'll back you up even more:

Lebron has Big Z, Gooden, Marhsall and Hughes
Nash has Marion and the best offensive system in the game
Kobe has Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown

People who complain that Kobe takes too many shots are wrong I'd rather have Kobe taking 35 shots, instead of Bill Walton's stoner son shooting 15

P-L 04-24-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lebron rarely plays defense either

LeBron is Ron Artest compared to Nash.

WMD 04-24-2006 09:30 PM

It has to be Kobe.

YAYareaRB 04-24-2006 09:48 PM

The question really is Most VALUABLE Player.

Suns-Steve Nash=Not as much wins but playoffs
Cavs-LeBron=Not as much wins, no playoffs
Lakers-Kobe=Maybe a 20 win season at that

Kobe "81" Byrant is man most VALUABLE to his team. He's literally taken the Lakers on his back, made most of them better players, and led them to playoffs. Has anyone seen the increase in Kwame Brown's stats lately? Talkin about making your team better...