Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baltimore Ravens Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Joe Flacco!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21914)

Ravens1991 04-26-2008 05:15 PM

Joe Flacco!!!!!!!!!!
 
WELCOME TO BALTIMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does anybody know what we gave up to get from 26 to 18

A Perfect Score 04-26-2008 05:18 PM

we gave up one 3rd rounder (89th overall) and our 6th rounder...wat a f**king terrible move on our part. of all teh QBs we could have taken, we take the worst one. wat a horrible horrible move. I just wanna say, guys, its been fun, but for serious, i cant cheer for the ravens anymore. thats just pathetic. I am Jack's complete and utter disgust. horrible. just horrible.

ChewyRaven318 04-26-2008 05:24 PM

That was just waaay too much of a reach for Flacco. We could have gone for Jenkins or someone where we are, or get Henne at 8 in Rd. 2. OR MAYBE FLACCO!

I don't get the move. At all. I just hope he doesn't start right away...I'll be highly HIGHLY upset.

Ravens1991 04-26-2008 05:25 PM

It was only a 3rd and a 6th, it isnt that bad of a move, many teams wanted a QB.

ChewyRaven318 04-26-2008 05:28 PM

It's a matter of value..now we hafta pay him first round money, when we could have paid him second round money and kept our picks, or traded up later on for some other guys..it's just a silly move.

Yung Flippa 04-26-2008 05:31 PM

Man, the day started off really promising with us trading down. Then we trade back up for Joe Flacco! We could have easily waited there and still could have taken him. We better a good CB in round 2 like Tracy Porter or Brandon Flowers.

SKim172 04-26-2008 05:32 PM

I'm okay with Flacco. Personally, I would've like Brohm, but there's worse than Flacco.

But I'm not okay with what the Ravens paid. It was way too much to trade up and make a reach pick with Flacco. Sure, he might not have been available at 26, but there were other QBs. And now you gotta pay some big bucks.

A Perfect Score 04-26-2008 05:34 PM

i hate the ravens now...im swithcing teams, this is bull. i dont feel bad about switching either, cause its not like i have a hometown team. I just like teams because of who they have or how they are run, and now the ravens messed up. So i hate them. this was one of teh worst manegerial decisions ive seen in a while. Like FLACCO? if u want a big armed QB, develop boller. dont go draft a bust like flacco.

ChewyRaven318 04-26-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKim172 (Post 1038980)
I'm okay with Flacco. Personally, I would've like Brohm, but there's worse than Flacco.

But I'm not okay with what the Ravens paid. It was way too much to trade up and make a reach pick with Flacco. Sure, he might not have been available at 26, but there were other QBs. And now you gotta pay some big bucks.

I think the media provided a huge smokescreen and everyone in the FO fell for it. Flacco's abilities have been highly overrated the entire week. Do I think he has potential to be a great player? Absolutely. He was way overdrafted though, and with Boller and Smith the other 2 QBs, Flacco might be expected to start sooner than later, and if he gets thrown to the wolves, it's Boller pt. 2.

Yung Flippa 04-26-2008 05:45 PM

You know what, it won't even matter. You guys don't have to worry about Joe Flacco not panning out, he'll be a great back-up to the one and only TROY SMITH!!! :D

A Perfect Score 04-26-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yung Flippa (Post 1039107)
You know what, it won't even matter. You guys don't have to worry about Joe Flacco not panning out, he'll be a great back-up to the one and only TROY SMITH!!! :D


then they wasted a 1st round pick when it could have been used on mike jenkins

Yung Flippa 04-26-2008 05:58 PM

I agree, we could have easily taken Mike Jenkins there and still had a chance at Flacco OR Henne at #38. Jenkins is falling hard.

A Perfect Score 04-26-2008 06:00 PM

im officially a jaguars fan now...bye bye terrible ravens who waste draft picks on horrible players...the only way the ravens could make this up to me would be by drafting quentin groves or brandon flowers, then i MIGHT forgive them

Ravens1991 04-26-2008 06:07 PM

chill the hell out... It wasnt really that bad, many teams had Flacco ranked #2 QB, they may have gotten word that a team will trade up, plus Flacco is the big armed QB Cam Cameron wants, and Boller is garbage he would be a waste of time.

A Perfect Score 04-26-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravens1991 (Post 1039283)
chill the hell out... It wasnt really that bad, many teams had Flacco ranked #2 QB, they may have gotten word that a team will trade up, plus Flacco is the big armed QB Cam Cameron wants, and Boller is garbage he would be a waste of time.

boller has much more natural ability then flacco does, first off...there is nothing flacco does that boller cannot do better. i dont care how many teams had him ranked as the #2 team, the point is we traded BACK UP to get him when we could have gotten adequate value at the #26 spot.

also, id much rather have boller throwing our passes then flacco. but tahts just me. since when has cameron had a hard on for strong armed QBs? drew brees wasnt renowned for his arm strength, neither was phillip rivers, who he had a part in drafting in SD. if anything, i think brohm would have been a much better fit for the ravens system.

also, i dunno about you, but i dont wanna watch another season of our secondary getting torched. that pick would have been better spent on mike jenkins.

BmoreBlackByrdz 04-26-2008 06:25 PM

Seriously, Chill out. You wanna leave the Ravens, sure go ahead nobody's going to stop you, but your doing it for the most stupidest reason. You have NO IDEA how much our scouts and our FO know about the prospects that we don't. Sure, I also thought we should have stayed at 26 and Flacco would have still been there but maybe they knew something we didnt. Im not the biggest fan of Flacco but Im going to support him, not abandon my team for making a draft pick that I dont like. Ozzie and comp. know what there doing, and Im sure Cam Cameron will do wonders with Flacco.

A Perfect Score 04-26-2008 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz (Post 1039401)
Seriously, Chill out. You wanna leave the Ravens, sure go ahead nobody's going to stop you, but your doing it for the most stupidest reason. You have NO IDEA how much our scouts and our FO know about the prospects that we don't. Sure, I also thought we should have stayed at 26 and Flacco would have still been there but maybe they knew something we didnt. Im not the biggest fan of Flacco but Im going to support him, not abandon my team for making a draft pick that I dont like. Ozzie and comp. know what there doing, and Im sure Cam Cameron will do wonders with Flacco.

oh please, im not acutally gunna suddenly stope being a ravens fan after 8 years, im just venting my frustrating because i disagree with the pick. I am not impressed thats all. i will still be a ravens fan, but at this particular moment, i dont really want ot be. i just think flacco is a big mistake

dcarey20 04-26-2008 06:37 PM

Well I just got in and I'm pretty pleased. I didn't have Flacco down as the 18th best player in the draft, but I did think he had established himself as a first round talent. I loved the first trade, getting back to 26. The second trade with Houston isn't one that I loved, but it was necessary if we wanted Flacco. I would have stayed at 26 and taken the best quarterback available, because even if Flacco wasn't there Brohm or Henne would have been fine picks. But I'm not too upset, this was a bit of a reach but not a huge one and I'll trust Ozzie.

Welcome to Baltimore Joe!

BmoreBlackByrdz 04-26-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 1039441)
oh please, im not acutally gunna suddenly stope being a ravens fan after 8 years, im just venting my frustrating because i disagree with the pick. I am not impressed thats all. i will still be a ravens fan, but at this particular moment, i dont really want ot be. i just think flacco is a big mistake


I think trading back up to get him was a HUGE mistake because I thought he'd fall to our 26th but instead we traded up, which I really don't like and dont understand. I doubt any of the teams before us were targeting Flacco but Im sure they had a good reason for doing it because it makes no sense. But taking Flacco, interesting. I thought it'd be Henne but Im excited to have FLacco even though I really wante to give Troy a chance. Hes got all the tools and making of a franchise QB and I think Cameron can bring him to the next level.

BigDawg819 04-26-2008 09:47 PM

Horrible, horrible pick. We trade up because he's going to go before what 56? Ozzie you blow you piece of ****!

Raider_fan_Canada 04-26-2008 10:40 PM

LOL

Stop the whining Ravens fans. You may disagree with the pick, but remember to have some humility and give some benefit of the doubt to Mr Ozzie. He knows that stuff much more then we do.

Flacco had the most upside of all QBs left + very good character and will. Instead of waiting to the 2nd round and maybe get Henne or Brohm they made sure they had their man. If a trade up was made, its because Flacco was in demand. If the Ravens where the only team to want him this would not have happened.

It comes down to what I have expressed earlier this week. The Ravens needed to identify their QB of the future and make sure they get him. My hat is off to the FO. You have enough talent on that team that giving up a 3rd and a 6th for a QB with great upside is nothing to cry about. In the end wait some time to see what the kid can do before booing the move and be happy that your team is making an effort to address this position.

dcarey20 04-27-2008 12:37 AM

At 18, honestly, who would have been the pick? There was really no slam dunk pick. If there was, maybe I would have been a bit upset about Flacco there, but there's no one else I really felt fit well. Mike Jenkins? Aqib Talib? Brandon Flowers? They're all borderline values to me at that point. And we traded up because Flacco would have been off the board, there's no doubt about that. Tampa would have nabbed him or someone else would have traded up to get him.

I'm also pleased that this team finally has a player who we can all "our guy". Whether you guys like it or not, Flacco is now in line to be this team's franchise quarterback, and I'm happy that we have that.

America 04-27-2008 03:11 AM

No more In Ozzie we trust for me. That was one of the dumbest moves I've seen made in a while.

619 04-27-2008 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 1039222)
im officially a jaguars fan now...bye bye terrible ravens who waste draft picks on horrible players...the only way the ravens could make this up to me would be by drafting quentin groves or brandon flowers, then i MIGHT forgive them

Honestly APS grow up dude! Bailing out on your team like that when you don't even know the outcome of the pick yet.

A Perfect Score 04-27-2008 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 619 (Post 1041287)
Honestly APS grow up dude! Bailing out on your team like that when you don't even know the outcome of the pick yet.

i am not actually gunna bail out on them...im a ravens fan for life. Im just frustrated with the pick, as i know alot of other fans are. I was excited for us to trade down and stay down and pick up someone like Henne, who went at wat, 55? thats WAY WAY WAY better value then Flacco at 18. I wont lie, i like Henne as a prospect better then Flacco anyways. Its just frustrating to see your team make picks like that, and then to follow it up with a pick like ray rice, which is another terrible pick. Dont get me wrong, i like ray rice, but he is not a good fit for our team. We have MUCH bigger needs then RB (ie corner, DUH) and this is a deep RB draft where we could have gotten equivalent value in a later round. Jamal charles is a guy i really like who would have been a much better compliment to willis and has much more upside then ray rice does.

your right, i dont know the outcome of the pick. and its not that i really HATE flacco, its just we already have one talented QB on our roster, and thats boller. He can do everything flacco can do, except better IMO. it just makes no sense to me to draft someone like flacco, when a) we had derek anderson and let him go. Flacco is practically a carbon copy of anderson and b) there was just too much value at other positions to justify making that trade and that pick.

yes i lost my head for a while. No im not leaving the ravens fanbase. However, i am not happy about the flacco pick AT all. scott had him ranked as a 2nd-3rd rounder, which is where i feel he should have gone. Not the middle of the first. ndoubtedly there will be reaches every year, but that was a bad reach IMO.

we better draft justin king and phillip wheeler today. that would help salvage this draft.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.