Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   What's the Word on Tommy Blake (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22640)

J-Hype 05-17-2008 11:33 AM

What's the Word on Tommy Blake

Does he even want to play in the nfl and if he does will anyone take a chance on him?

BamaFalcon59 05-17-2008 11:35 AM

I think he ends up a success story.

Caddy 05-17-2008 12:06 PM

He had a two day tryout with the Buccaneers but was not offered a contract to come to training camp.

If he is to become a success story he will have to overcome a hell of a lot of adversity. I just don't see it happening.

TheGreatEscape 05-17-2008 12:39 PM

Wouldn't mind seeing him in TC up in Albany, if he wants to play we're great spot for him to work his way in and stay motivated cause our ends are all tight.

LonghornsLegend 05-17-2008 01:31 PM

I'm still upset we didn't offer him something...He was looked at as a 1st rd pick in the 3-4, and at least he would be close to home here in Dallas which is right down the street from TCU...He must really have some issues for us to bring in alot of other DE's that aren't nearly as talented.

Bills2083 05-17-2008 01:31 PM

What exactly is wrong with him?

Twister18 05-17-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bills2083 (Post 1072192)
What exactly is wrong with him?

Severe Bi-Polar I believe.

Yung Flippa 05-17-2008 02:10 PM

I thought he just had depression?

TheGreatEscape 05-17-2008 02:12 PM

Does he intend to play in the NFL? Could get his mind of things being away for training camp.

Twister18 05-17-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yung Flippa (Post 1072232)
I thought he just had depression?

In the PFW draft guide, it said he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and was on meds, missing most of last season.

LonghornsLegend 05-17-2008 08:03 PM

From interviews it at least sounds like he wants to prove to people he wants to play football, if he at least souns like he wants to give it a crack I don't know how he wasn't worth a 7th rd pick.

I just assumed if he didn't get drafted some local teams in the state would come calling first.

gdamac 05-17-2008 10:19 PM

Dude is bi-polar and pressure triggers it. He no showed on the team for games and practices. The whole draft process and not getting picked may not have been good for him pressure wise, of course not getting picked may have relieved some pressure. I hope he can get it together, it's got to be hard to deal with.

rockio42 05-18-2008 10:32 AM

I think he ends up on a team and we will hear his name in about 3-4 years

Yung Flippa 05-18-2008 01:50 PM

Everyone and their mom is rooting for him. I really hope he gets invited to a camp and makes the team.

foozball 05-18-2008 03:08 PM

Not sure if it was actually bi-polar...but wikipedia says depression and social anxiety disorder

BaLLiN 05-18-2008 04:02 PM

I think/want him to go to the Ravens. He could find a way to make an impact there. And Bart Scott (guy who threw penalty flag i think) was psycho, so Blake should be able to fit in. Plus their DL and LB coaches must be great. If his story will be one of success, i think the Ravens are a great opportunity

Yung Flippa 05-18-2008 05:01 PM

That's what I'm thinking! Baltimore has to be the perfect fit for him. He doesn't have to do much his rookie season and get use to the pressure of the NFL. He then can start getting playing time in his 2nd year. The FO has a tendency of finding undrafted players and making them great or solid starters.

no love 05-18-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yung Flippa (Post 1073319)
That's what I'm thinking! Baltimore has to be the perfect fit for him. He doesn't have to do much his rookie season and get use to the pressure of the NFL. He then can start getting playing time in his 2nd year. The FO has a tendency of finding undrafted players and making them great or solid starters.

Yah I think it's just a matter of whether a coach wants to keep a guy on his roster who is not going to contribute.

It all comes down to the numbers game.

DragonFireKai 05-18-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 1072190)
I'm still upset we didn't offer him something...He was looked at as a 1st rd pick in the 3-4, and at least he would be close to home here in Dallas which is right down the street from TCU...He must really have some issues for us to bring in alot of other DE's that aren't nearly as talented.

He looked like a first rounder at 255, at 270+ is a different story.

bam bam 05-21-2008 02:47 PM

fdsfdsafdsafdsfdasfsa

Addict 05-21-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bam bam (Post 1077657)
Tommy Blake is a diagnosed schitzophrenic

the bi polar thing is to keep the schitzo thing under wraps. the guy is too crazy for most teams to take a risk on.

Yung Flippa, Baltimore is definately not going to even sniff in his direction.

There's medication for that you know, it all depends on what kind of schizophrenia he has and how severe it is. In most cases it's very treatable. I've only seen reports of him having gone through depression and being bipolar, schizophrenia is new to me. Do you have any documentation to back it or are you just throwing conspiracy theories around?

Bengals78 05-21-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addict (Post 1077687)
There's medication for that you know, it all depends on what kind of schizophrenia he has and how severe it is. In most cases it's very treatable. I've only seen reports of him having gone through depression and being bipolar, schizophrenia is new to me. Do you have any documentation to back it or are you just throwing conspiracy theories around?

I have only heard of the Bi-Polar which leads to depression a lot of times. Bi-Polar and schizphrenia are confused by people sometimes.
It does sound like a case of bi-polar disorder to me. It would be hard to keep the auditory or visual hallucinations under wraps on this level.

Brodeur 05-21-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bam bam (Post 1077657)
Tommy Blake is a diagnosed schitzophrenic

the bi polar thing is to keep the schitzo thing under wraps. the guy is too crazy for most teams to take a risk on.

Yung Flippa, Baltimore is definately not going to even sniff in his direction.

You know, being Bi-Polar isn't exactly much better than Schizophrenia.

A Perfect Score 05-21-2008 06:18 PM

dude, dont listen to bam bam. he really doesnt know what hes talking about...there are all kinds of medication to take for schizophrenia, there are tons of people who have it who live healthy, normal lives. and trust me, if a team thinks he is talented enough to make an impact, they will play for therapy and medication, etc. Id like to see him at least get a try out for Baltimore.

Paranoidmoonduck 05-21-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 1077918)
You know, being Bi-Polar isn't exactly much better than Schizophrenia.

Yes it is. Bi-Polar disorder is one of the most over-diagnosed conditions in the country, while Schizophrenia is probably the most dangerous non-fatal mental illness out there.