Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   2007 Release/Cut Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2344)

Flyboy 02-28-2007 03:50 PM

2007 Release/Cut Thread
 
I thought it would be a good idea to keep all the releases in one thread.

So far we have:

Jamal Lewis (RB) - Baltimore Ravens
Brad Johnson (QB) - Minnesota Vikings
Eric Moulds (WR) - Houston Texans

Shiver 02-28-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyboy (Post 173563)
I thought it would be a good idea to keep all the releases in one thread.

So far we have:

Jamal Lewis (RB) - Baltimore Ravens
Brad Johnson (QB) - Minnesota Vikings
Eric Moulds (WR) - Houston Texans
Christian Fauria (TE) - Washington Redskins
Brian Simmons (LB) - Cincinnati Bengals
Seth Payne (DT) - Houston Texans
Zach Wiegert (G) - Houston Texans
Ross Verba (T) - Detroit Lions

There you go, added. Simmons is a big time surprise. I didn't expect it.

bearsfan_51 02-28-2007 03:57 PM

Yeah, even the official Bengals website said they were shocked. Haha....

I didn't see Eric Moulds coming either. I bet they try to trade up into the late 1st and pick up a guy like Rice or Bowe. Right now they have nobody opposite Johnson.

ricky bobby 02-28-2007 04:00 PM

Luke Petitgout, Carlos Emmons, Lavar Arrington, but that's old news

yourfavestoner 02-28-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 (Post 173585)
Yeah, even the official Bengals website said they were shocked. Haha....

I didn't see Eric Moulds coming either. I bet they try to trade up into the late 1st and pick up a guy like Rice or Bowe. Right now they have nobody opposite Johnson.

Rice might be sitting there in the early second round for them. They need a flanker, though, not another split-end.

diabsoule 02-28-2007 04:39 PM

Don't me kind of already have something like this?
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=1283

PackerLegend 02-28-2007 07:54 PM

QB
Brad Johnson
Aaron Brooks
Drew Bledsoe

RB
Jamal Lewis
Derrick Blaylock
Chad Morton
Kevin Barlow
Verron Haynes

WR
Brandon Stokley
Eric Moulds
Joe Horn
Antonio Bryant
Karl Hankton
Keenan McCardell


TE
Ernie Conwell
Christian Fauria
Erron Kinney
Ryan Hannam
Jermaine Wiggins

O-LINE
Zach Wiegert
Ross Verba
Adam Timmerman
Trey Teague
Zach Piller
Luke Petitgout
Kenyatta Walker
E.J. Whitley

D-LINE
Seth Payne
Al Wallace
Bobby Hamilton

LB
Brian Simmons
Lavar Arrington
Carlos Emmons
Dexter Coakley
Joey Porter
Steve Foley

CB
Sammy Davis
Fred Smoot


S
Troy Vincent
Tebucky Jones

Boston 02-28-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule (Post 173733)
Don't me kind of already have something like this?
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=1283

Yeah. That was kind of the sole point of that.

Flyboy 02-28-2007 07:57 PM

*shrugs* I personally find it easier to have one thread specifically for releases rather than trudging through various kinds of transactions, but it's whatever. It can be closed if need be.

THIZZorDIE 02-28-2007 08:10 PM

Some good LB's that could help some teams get over the hump. Some teams that may interested are, New Orleans Saints, Jacksonville Jaguars, and I know the Colts are going to lose Cato June as well. But what other teams might come calling for these players?

Vikes99ej 02-28-2007 08:15 PM

Wow. There are going to be a lot of WRs available. Please get at least one of them, Vikings.

Beans 02-28-2007 08:15 PM

[quote=PackerLegend;174354WR
Brandon Stokley (not officaly but reported expected by NFL network)[/quote]

Is he the Colts' third reciever or am I thinking of someone else?

niel89 02-28-2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeansDooma (Post 174445)
Is he the Colts' third reciever or am I thinking of someone else?

yep thats him. the white guy.(not that it matters)

gbpackers0065 02-28-2007 08:31 PM

packer legend seth payne is a d-lineman and zach wiegert is o-lineman

bigmac076 02-28-2007 08:41 PM

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=1283

all you have to do is report releases and cuts in the already stickied "Free Agent Tracker". The first page has ALL the releases in Green and they are separated by position.

Beans 02-28-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niel89 (Post 174472)
yep thats him. the white guy.(not that it matters)

Wow, he was cut? That's pretty crazy.

EDIT: No, wait, Im an idiot.

PackerLegend 02-28-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 (Post 174533)
packer legend seth payne is a d-lineman and zach wiegert is o-lineman

thanks I fixed it, also Bobby Hamilton was waived and Dexter Coakley was cut both are now added on.

PalmerToCJ 02-28-2007 09:49 PM

Simmons shocked me as well. The past 3 years or so he's only been an average LB and was on the decline but his leadership I thought would be worth the contract. Our LB's are all extremely young... Marvin Drafted every one of them and he's only been here 4 seasons. To be honest if Arrington would come for an incentive loaded contract I wouldn't be surprised if we did that... Not if he wants a decent contract though.

P-L 02-28-2007 10:22 PM

Ok, someone make an argument to why we can't just keep track of all cuts and releases in the free agent thread. jblaze seems to be doing a good job keeping it updated.

Flyboy 02-28-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions (Post 175033)
Ok, someone make an argument to why we can't just keep track of all cuts and releases in the free agent thread. jblaze seems to be doing a good job keeping it updated.

As previously stated...

Quote:

*shrugs* I personally find it easier to have one thread specifically for releases rather than trudging through various kinds of transactions, but it's whatever. It can be closed if need be.

Chucky 02-28-2007 10:26 PM

arrington seems like a guy who will follow the money(I'm aware he left money on the table with skins

Crazy_Chris 02-28-2007 10:40 PM

lol Lavar arrington payed the skins to get out of D.C.

KCJ58 02-28-2007 10:48 PM

Adam Timmerman (OG) - St. Louis Rams

Mr. Stiller 03-01-2007 10:56 AM

Want a surprise.. You guys should be expecting Joey Porter to be cut before March 6th.

bigmac076 03-01-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions (Post 175033)
Ok, someone make an argument to why we can't just keep track of all cuts and releases in the free agent thread. jblaze seems to be doing a good job keeping it updated.

I dont see anyone lobbying for this thread to stay


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.