Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Unknown Impact players? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2474)

NIN1984 03-01-2007 04:20 PM

Unknown Impact players?

Who on your team that is not well known can make a big impact this upcoming season?

Raiders

DE- Kevin Huntley, Only played in a few games towards the end of the season got 2.5 sacks and brought a ton of pressure something Tyler Brayton couldnít do all season. Iím pretty sure he will be getting much more playing time this season.

IndyColtScout 03-01-2007 04:26 PM

Freddy Keiaho, Matt Giordano, Dylan Gandy, Charlie Johnson, Tyjuan Hagler

Shiver 03-01-2007 04:28 PM

Michael Boley is a man-beast. He was already always around the ball last year. He played RE and SLB. Also, had the team not signed Milloy, moving him to SS was the team's fall back plan. That shows how freakishly athletic he is. With Zimmer's scheme which features a high % of blitzes, he will be let loose at the Quarterback much more often. Whereas most of the Falcons team, at every position was inconsistent during the Mora regime, Michael Boley was the lone bright spot.

Smooth Criminal 03-01-2007 04:53 PM

With Porter out of his way James Harrison will be the starter. He has shown some signs of being a great player while filling in for Joey but as a full time starter he could turn into a great player.

BlindSite 03-01-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver (Post 176865)
Michael Boley is a man-beast. He was already always around the ball last year. He played RE and SLB. Also, had the team not signed Milloy, moving him to SS was the team's fall back plan. That shows how freakishly athletic he is. With Zimmer's scheme which features a high % of blitzes, he will be let loose at the Quarterback much more often. Whereas most of the Falcons team, at every position was inconsistent during the Mora regime, Michael Boley was the lone bright spot.

You forgot Jimmy Williams... I saw him play against carolina in the season finale for our little clashes. He was a beast against the run. Every time I uttered the phrase "who just clocked Foster/Williams." It was him. I wasn't sold on him as a corner, and to be honest I'm still not. Yet I think he could be an amazing safety in the NFL.

As for the Panthers look out for Thomas Davis. This kid has 4.5 speed and is the best technical tackler on the team. He hits hard, early and often and has been seen most notably helping the Panthers shut down Vick as a runner and he shadowed reggie Bush all day. The kid is excellent at shedding blocks and runs well to the play side. A true SLB who attacks the ball carrier and shows excellent awareness on the field. He's going to be a pro bowler in the next few years if he gets the recognition he should.

Shiver 03-01-2007 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindSite (Post 177008)
You forgot Jimmy Williams... I saw him play against carolina in the season finale for our little clashes. He was a beast against the run. Every time I uttered the phrase "who just clocked Foster/Williams." It was him. I wasn't sold on him as a corner, and to be honest I'm still not. Yet I think he could be an amazing safety in the NFL.

That is one of the off-seasons' biggest question marks. How Mike Zimmer feels about Jimmy Williams. I hope he moes to Safety, personally. If he does then I want Chris Houston for our press man scheme. If not, Laron Landry.

Quote:

As for the Panthers look out for Thomas Davis. This kid has 4.5 speed and is the best technical tackler on the team. He hits hard, early and often and has been seen most notably helping the Panthers shut down Vick as a runner and he shadowed reggie Bush all day. The kid is excellent at shedding blocks and runs well to the play side. A true SLB who attacks the ball carrier and shows excellent awareness on the field. He's going to be a pro bowler in the next few years if he gets the recognition he should.
He started out rough, especially in that first game. He really came along as the season progressed. He is an amazing athlete and a big time tackler. You guys got a good one.

Scorch 03-01-2007 05:08 PM

Ben Graham. This guy is ******* crazy.

hugegmenfan 03-01-2007 05:22 PM

Justin Tuck- DE

Kevin Dockery, CB

Tuck was injured all of last year but is a good DE and we really coulda used his pass rushing abilities when osi and strahan went down
Dockery was like a 7th round draft pick or something and showed great potential @ the position- hes the guy that returned that INT against romo for a td in romo's first game- he could wind up starting or playing a lot more for us this season

yourfavestoner 03-01-2007 05:39 PM

Bobby McCray. Former seventh round pick who has shown improvement as a pass rusher every season, and had ten sacks this year. He's basically a poor man's Jason Taylor.

Ravens1991 03-01-2007 05:46 PM

If the Ravens sign Jarrett Johnson back I think he will do well, he has the versatility of Adalius Thomas just not as athletic.

princefielder28 03-01-2007 05:50 PM

Cullen Jenkins will become a big-time player like Kampman

Beans 03-01-2007 05:52 PM

Barrett Ruud
Dewayne White, if he stays.

Gridiron 03-01-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorch (Post 177036)
Ben Graham. This guy is ******* crazy.

Agreed.

Victor Hobson was also solid this season.

Chucky 03-01-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeansDooma (Post 177251)
Barrett Ruud
Dewayne White, if he stays.

agree completely

Don Vito 03-01-2007 06:06 PM

Our interior OL is beastly and underrated-LG Logan Mankins, C Dan Koppen, and RG Steve Neal. David Thomas could be a great receiving TE (#2 to Ben Watson) if Daniel Graham leaves and he gets some balls thrown his way. CB Ellis Hobbs is gonna be great as well.

KILLERSANTA 03-01-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver (Post 176865)
With Zimmer's scheme which features a high % of blitzes,

So, you don't watch any cowboy games? Zimmer doesn't blitze......

Shiver 03-01-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA (Post 177346)
So, you don't watch any cowboy games? Zimmer doesn't blitze......

In his 4-3 scheme, without Parcells forcing his 3-4 philosophy, yes he did. He blitzed often. Even in '05, Pro Football Prospectus has the Cowboys rushing 6+ 9th most in the NFL, 7+ being the 6th most in the NFL. Now I don't know how much he blitzed this past year. So maybe they dialed it back considering the liabilities in coverage at Safety. Atlanta in '05, in comparison, blitzed 6+ only 13th most, 8th most in terms of 7+ rushers. So yes, he will be let loose far more often.

Mr. Stiller 03-01-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal (Post 176972)
With Porter out of his way James Harrison will be the starter. He has shown some signs of being a great player while filling in for Joey but as a full time starter he could turn into a great player.

Thats not for certain yet, I could see us signing Tully Banta-Cain or Antwan Peek. Which I'm figuring the latter being a Cincinnati product.

Green Bay Scat 03-01-2007 06:29 PM

I want Marvel Underwood to get a chance with the packers, hes got a lot of talent, he just needs to get health for the whole year.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH 03-01-2007 06:33 PM

2nd year corner Jimmy Williams will come out and surprise people. Also Roddy White will find his pair of hands.

dcarey20 03-01-2007 06:51 PM

Baltimore Ravens

Jarrett Johnson, DE/OLB: Unless we use a high draft pick on someone, he should end up being the successor to Adalius Thomas. He's a very unknown player but he has very good size and versatility. Think Adalius Thomas without the great athleticism.

P.J. Daniels, RB: Ozzie Newsome and company were obviously big fans of P.J., as we took him in the 4th round. With Jamal Lewis' and Musa Smith's futures with the team in jeopardy, Mike Anderson has a great chance to be the #1. But he is getting older and we will probably need someone to be a change of pace back. It could end up being a FA acquistion or a 2007 draft pick, but with P.J. already here, he could easily be that guy. The ideal situation would be for him to have a Leon Washington-type contribution.

Mike Kracalik, OT: Who? I'm sure no one outside of Bmore has ever heard his name. Even most Ravens fans have no clue who he is. He spent most of his time on the practice squad, and played in 1 regular season game. He looked terrible in preseason, but I think the coaches liked something about him. Ozzie has made it clear that we don't have the means to give Tony Pashos the offer that he deserves, so he won't be back. This leaves a huge void at tackle. Jonathan Ogden could retire, which would leave us with Adam Terry as our only offensive tackle. And should Ogden stay, it leaves us with Terry and Ogden. There is a chance that Adam could play RT, but he is a pure LT and he has looked uncomfortable at RT. We could look into the draft, but Levi Brown will most likely not be there at 29. Tony Ugoh and Joe Staley are options in the 2nd, but they could easily be gone. If we end up going with a guy like Ryan Harris in the 3rd, he may not be ready to start right away, and this would leave us with Kracalik. I wouldn't expect him to be amazing, but he could surprise all of us, just like Tony Pashos did this past year.

Chris Chester, C: Mike Flynn has been a big dissapointment in the past 2 years. He's diminished alot. Chris Chester was a 2nd round pick out of Oklahoma last year. He saw action in 11 games, starting 4 at right guard. He doesn't get talked about at all, except by Raven fans. He showed some great potential and was extremely solid. He'll most likely be the starting center come opening day, and I'm expecting big things.

draftguru151 03-01-2007 07:24 PM

Anthony Alabi might be the starting LT for Miami next year. Hand picked by OL guru Hudson Houck 2 years ago out of TCU. NT Fred Evans out of Texas State (Ward's school) last year. Future starter at NT and was the best rookie in TC last season.

Also Michael Boley is a beast. I remember he was like a 97 on NCAA 06 (I think). He is a great player.

Also some guys who don't get enough credit for Miami, Channing Crowder, Vernon Carey and Rex Hadnot.

Pit Bull #53 03-01-2007 08:38 PM

Definately our right tackle David Stewart. He might have been our best OL from the 2nd half of last year. Roos on the left side is a better pass blocker, but Stewart is nasty and is a much better run blocker.

Splat 03-01-2007 08:44 PM

Chiefs - Jeff Webb and Jared Page

doingthisinsteadofwork 03-01-2007 08:47 PM

Bing could be another for Oakland.