Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   All Conference NFL Teams (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26496)

drowe 10-30-2008 01:26 PM

All Conference NFL Teams
 
yup. bored at work again. so, i decided it would be fun to make an all college conference team of current NFL players. I did the Big 10.

things to note
-went with 3 WR instead of a FB, because nobody gives a crap about FBs.
-thought about a 3-4 D with Castillo at DE..this would make Woodley and Matt Roth OLBs and move Hawk and Peterson inside..but, decided against it.
-didn't get specific with what type of safeties i needed.

so, here is the All Big 10 NFL team. I really think this would be tough to beat with the other conferences, but i'd love to see people try with the other ones.

QB-Drew Brees-Purdue
RB-Marion Barber-Minnesota
LT-Joe Thomas-Wisconsin
LG-Steve Hutchinson-Michigan
C-Nick Hardwick-Purdue
RG-Eric Steinbach-Iowa
RT-Mark Tauscher-Wisconsin
WR-Braylon Edwards-Michigan
WR-Lee Evans-Wisconsin
WR-Chris Chambers-Wisconsin
TE-Dallas Clark-Iowa

DE-Aaron Kampman-Iowa
DT-Ryan Pickett-Ohio State
DT-Luis Castillo-Northwestern
DE-Tamba Hali-Penn State
OLB-AJ Hawk-Ohio State
ILB-Paul Posluszni-Penn State
OLB-Julian Peterson-Michigan State
CB-Charles Woodson-Michigan
CB-Antoine Winfield-Ohio State
S-Bob Sanders-Iowa
S-Donte Whitner-Ohio State

Bruce Banner 10-30-2008 01:28 PM

Woodley in a 4-3?..........

Turtlepower 10-30-2008 01:29 PM

Is this for this season's performance because if not, Tom Brady should probably be starting at QB.

PACKmanN 10-30-2008 01:29 PM

Hawk>Woodley

Shane P. Hallam 10-30-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtlepower (Post 1287470)
Is this for this season's performance because if not, Tom Brady should probably be starting at QB.

Lol, yeah. And I'd put Santonio over Chambers.

drowe 10-30-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtlepower (Post 1287470)
Is this for this season's performance because if not, Tom Brady should probably be starting at QB.

oh yeah, i went with this season's performance.

drowe 10-30-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBond93 (Post 1287473)
Lol, yeah. And I'd put Santonio over Chambers.

yeah, thought about it...but it was close enough that i felt ok giving the nod to the WI guy. :)

drowe 10-30-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Banner (Post 1287467)
Woodley in a 4-3?..........

yeah, i thought about that too...i'll change it. i just really wanted Woodley included.

diabsoule 10-30-2008 01:36 PM

I might make one for the SEC later today.

iowatreat54 10-30-2008 01:38 PM

what about kicker and punter? I nominate Nate Kaeding because I don't know if any Big 10 kickers are doing well this year

drowe 10-30-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowatreat54 (Post 1287481)
what about kicker and punter? I nominate Nate Kaeding because I don't know if any Big 10 kickers are doing well this year

yeah, i didn't do Kickers and punters because i don't care enough..but, yes, good call with Kaeding.

BJ Sander would have to be the punter. he was drafted in the 3rd round...he HAS TO BE GOOD!!!!

TitleTown088 10-30-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drowe (Post 1287487)
BJ Sander would have to be the punter. he was drafted in the 3rd round...he HAS TO BE GOOD!!!!

What's next, 4th and 26? Please just let me forget.

PACKmanN 10-30-2008 01:50 PM

PAC 10(Will finsh later, after school.)

QB: Aaron Rodgers- Cal
RB: Marshawn Lynch- Cal
WR: Chad Johnson- Oregon State
WR: TJ Housh- Oregon State
WR: Drew Bennett- UCLA
LT:
LG:
OC: Olin Kreutz- Wash
RG:
RT:

Twiddler 10-30-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drowe (Post 1287487)
yeah, i didn't do Kickers and punters because i don't care enough..but, yes, good call with Kaeding.

BJ Sander would have to be the punter. he was drafted in the 3rd round...he HAS TO BE GOOD!!!!

Yeah, sadly BJ Sander was the first Big 10 punter to come to my mind also.

Turtlepower 10-30-2008 02:09 PM

PAC-10 based on this Season

QB: Aaron Rodgers - Cal
RB: Steven Jackson - Oregon State
WR: T.J. Houshmandzadeh - Oregon State
WR: Desean Jackson - Cal
WR: Steve Smith (Giants) - USC
TE: Tony Gonzalez - Cal

That's what I got so far...

SeanTaylorRIP 10-30-2008 02:34 PM

ACC(I guess you can't count U players since they weren't in the ACC yet like CP, Ray Lew, Ed reed, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne etc., because if you could that would be the best team):

(Very rough, going off memory)
This would be an explosive offense with Rivers slinging it around to Boldin and CJ.

QB:Phillip Rivers-NC State//Matt Schaub-UVA/Matt Ryan-BC
RB:Frank Gore-Miami(Played Senior year in ACC already)/Willie Parker-UNC/Thomas Jones-UVA
FB:Greg Jones-FSU/ Ovie Mughelli-Wake
WR:Anquan Boldin-FSU/Lavareneus Coles/FSU
WR2:Calvin Johnson-Georgia Tech/Torry Holt-NC State
TE: Heath Miller-UVA/Greg Olsen-Miami/Vernon Davis-Maryland
LT:Walter Jones- FSU/Jared Gaither-Maryland
LG:Jason Brown-UNC
C: Jeff Saturday-UNC
RG:Brad Butler-UVA
RT:Stephon Heyer- Maryland/Jeremy Trueblood-BC

Defense:
DE:Mario Williams- NC State/Trevor Pryce-Clemson/Gaines Adams-Clemson
DT: Darnell Dockett- FSU/Fred Robbins-Wake Forest
DT:Kris Jenkins- Maryland/Broderick Bunkley-FSU
DE:Julius Peppers-North Carolina/ Chris Canty-UVA/Kiwi-BC
OLB: Shawne Merriman- Maryland/Ernie Sims- FSU/Kameron Wimbley-FSU
ILB: Eric Barton-Maryland/ EJ Henderson-Maryland/ D'qwell Jackson-Maryland
OLB:Jon Beason- Miami/Rocky McIntosh-Miami
CB:Antonio Cromartie-FSU/Bryant Mcfadden-FSU/Dre Bly-North Carolina
CB: Deangelo Hall(Was Tech already in the ACC? Maybe not, if not put McFadden here)-Vatech/Ronde Barber-UVA/Tye Hill-Clemson
S: Brian Dawkins- Clemson/ Vincent Fuller-VAtech
S: Chris Hope-FSU/Dawan Landry-GaTech

K: Shayne Graham- Vatech ah scratch this he was still in the Big East. I don't know someone give me a kicker.
P:Adam Podlesh- Maryland
LS: Ethan Albright- North Carolina
KR:Eddie Royal-VA Tech
PR: Devin Hester- UMiami

Turtlepower 10-30-2008 02:37 PM

I never realized the LB factory that Maryland is...

diabsoule 10-30-2008 02:40 PM

SEC

QB - Jay Cutler (Vandy), Eli Manning (Ole Miss), Peyton Manning (UT)
RB - Ronnie Brown (Auburn), Joseph Addai (LSU)
FB - Ernest Graham (UF)
WR - Hines Ward (UGA), Dwayne Bowe (LSU), Devery Henderson (LSU)
OT - David Stewart (Miss. St.)
OG - Alan Faneca (LSU)
C - Kevin Mawae (LSU, Todd McClure (LSU)
OG - Justin Smiley (Alabama)
OT - Chris Samuels (Alabama)
TE - Jason Witten (Tenn.)

Finish later

bored of education 10-30-2008 02:45 PM

SEC has Bowe=epic victory

Turtlepower 10-30-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bored of education (Post 1287616)
SEC has Bowe=epic victory

PAC-10 has Steve Smith. Steve Smith > Dwayne Bowe :: PAC-10 > SEC :: Turtlepower > BOE.

bored of education 10-30-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtlepower (Post 1287620)
PAC-10 has Steve Smith. Steve Smith > Dwayne Bowe :: PAC-10 > SEC :: Turtlepower > BOE.

You are wrong TP!

WRONG I SAY!

Mr. Stiller 10-30-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP (Post 1287599)
ACC(I guess you can't count U players since they weren't in the ACC yet like CP, Ray Lew, Ed reed, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne etc., because if you could that would be the best team):

(Very rough, going off memory)
This would be an explosive offense with Rivers slinging it around to Boldin and CJ.

QB:Phillip Rivers-NC State//Matt Schaub-UVA/Matt Ryan-BC
RB:Frank Gore-Miami(Played Senior year in ACC already)/Willie Parker-UNC/Thomas Jones-UVA
FB:Greg Jones-FSU/ Ovie Mughelli-Wake
WR:Anquan Boldin-FSU/Lavareneus Coles/FSU
WR2:Calvin Johnson-Georgia Tech/Torry Holt-NC State
TE: Heath Miller-UVA/Greg Olsen-Miami/Vernon Davis-Maryland
LT:Walter Jones- FSU/Jared Gaither-Maryland
LG:Jason Brown-UNC
C: Jeff Saturday-UNC
RG:Brad Butler-UVA
RT:Stephon Heyer- Maryland/Jeremy Trueblood-BC

Defense:
DE:Mario Williams- NC State/Trevor Pryce-Clemson/Gaines Adams-Clemson
DT: Darnell Dockett- FSU/Fred Robbins-Wake Forest
DT:Kris Jenkins- Maryland/Broderick Bunkley-FSU
DE:Julius Peppers-North Carolina/ Chris Canty-UVA/Kiwi-BC
OLB: Shawne Merriman- Maryland/Ernie Sims- FSU/Kameron Wimbley-FSU
ILB: Eric Barton-Maryland/ EJ Henderson-Maryland/ D'qwell Jackson-Maryland
OLB:Jon Beason- Miami/Rocky McIntosh-Miami
CB:Antonio Cromartie-FSU/Bryant Mcfadden-FSU/Dre Bly-North Carolina
CB: Deangelo Hall(Was Tech already in the ACC? Maybe not, if not put McFadden here)-Vatech/Ronde Barber-UVA/Tye Hill-Clemson
S: Brian Dawkins- Clemson/ Vincent Fuller-VAtech
S: Chris Hope-FSU/Dawan Landry-GaTech

K: Shayne Graham- Vatech ah scratch this he was still in the Big East. I don't know someone give me a kicker.
P:Adam Podlesh- Maryland
LS: Ethan Albright- North Carolina
KR:Eddie Royal-VA Tech
PR: Devin Hester- UMiami

I believe Steelers Jeff Reed was from UNC.. one of the more accurate kickers in the NFL

drowe 10-30-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP (Post 1287599)
ACC(I guess you can't count U players since they weren't in the ACC yet like CP, Ray Lew, Ed reed, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne etc., because if you could that would be the best team):

(Very rough, going off memory)
This would be an explosive offense with Rivers slinging it around to Boldin and CJ.

QB:Phillip Rivers-NC State//Matt Schaub-UVA/Matt Ryan-BC
RB:Frank Gore-Miami(Played Senior year in ACC already)/Willie Parker-UNC/Thomas Jones-UVA
FB:Greg Jones-FSU/ Ovie Mughelli-Wake
WR:Anquan Boldin-FSU/Lavareneus Coles/FSU
WR2:Calvin Johnson-Georgia Tech/Torry Holt-NC State
TE: Heath Miller-UVA/Greg Olsen-Miami/Vernon Davis-Maryland
LT:Walter Jones- FSU/Jared Gaither-Maryland
LG:Jason Brown-UNC
C: Jeff Saturday-UNC
RG:Brad Butler-UVA
RT:Stephon Heyer- Maryland/Jeremy Trueblood-BC

Defense:
DE:Mario Williams- NC State/Trevor Pryce-Clemson/Gaines Adams-Clemson
DT: Darnell Dockett- FSU/Fred Robbins-Wake Forest
DT:Kris Jenkins- Maryland/Broderick Bunkley-FSU
DE:Julius Peppers-North Carolina/ Chris Canty-UVA/Kiwi-BC
OLB: Shawne Merriman- Maryland/Ernie Sims- FSU/Kameron Wimbley-FSU
ILB: Eric Barton-Maryland/ EJ Henderson-Maryland/ D'qwell Jackson-Maryland
OLB:Jon Beason- Miami/Rocky McIntosh-Miami
CB:Antonio Cromartie-FSU/Bryant Mcfadden-FSU/Dre Bly-North Carolina
CB: Deangelo Hall(Was Tech already in the ACC? Maybe not, if not put McFadden here)-Vatech/Ronde Barber-UVA/Tye Hill-Clemson
S: Brian Dawkins- Clemson/ Vincent Fuller-VAtech
S: Chris Hope-FSU/Dawan Landry-GaTech

K: Shayne Graham- Vatech ah scratch this he was still in the Big East. I don't know someone give me a kicker.
P:Adam Podlesh- Maryland
LS: Ethan Albright- North Carolina
KR:Eddie Royal-VA Tech
PR: Devin Hester- UMiami

very nicely done. i would've cheated and used guys from the U. :)
but, impressive looking team. i'd still give an edge to the big 10 team because the o-line and secondary are better there. anything else could go either way.

DiG 10-30-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtlepower (Post 1287604)
I never realized the LB factory that Maryland is...

Wujciak is next in line. Navarre is a guy that I really think could excel in the olb spot in a 3-4 defense. The guy I really can't wait for though is Adrian Moten. As a freshman last year he was a beast but hes had a couple small injuries this year that has limited his playing time. With Wuj and Philistin gone after this year Moten will slide in and should put up HUGE numbers his junior and senior year.

B-Dawk 10-30-2008 02:58 PM

i think the acc and its defensive line would take the big 10's o line easily, that d line is sick.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.