Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Adam Schefter: Travis Henry to be Cut (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2667)

Mr. Stiller 03-02-2007 06:43 PM

Adam Schefter: Travis Henry to be Cut

Interesting considering he was a large part to their success their season.

Leaving only LenDale White....

JoeMontainya 03-02-2007 06:43 PM

hmmm interesting.

HawkeyeFan 03-02-2007 06:44 PM

THey saved about $8 million cutting him!

tjsunstein 03-02-2007 06:44 PM

well if Ahman Green signs elsewhere than GB then i could see Travis Henry and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield for 07

gonzo1105 03-02-2007 06:45 PM

OH my how bad would it be ....if the Bills traded McGahee and signed Travis Henry to replace him ...I would laugh so hard as a Bills fan

smittyjs 03-02-2007 06:45 PM

There going to release him and then try to resign him to a new deal, so they don't have to pay him his 8.5 Million dollar bonus.

hugegmenfan 03-02-2007 06:49 PM

thats really weird- he was a big part of their success and running game- i dont think white showed that much to b considered a starter so i would expect them to go HB in the draft sometime in rounds 2-3

smittyjs 03-02-2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugegmenfan (Post 181724)
thats really weird- he was a big part of their success and running game- i dont think white showed that much to b considered a starter so i would expect them to go HB in the draft sometime in rounds 2-3

There planning on resigning him.

Mr. Stiller 03-02-2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittyjs (Post 181696)
There going to release him and then try to resign him to a new deal, so they don't have to pay him his 8.5 Million dollar bonus.

It can go a Variety of ways.. he just hit the free market after a very good season.. with so many teams hurting for a good RB.. he may get that money elsewhere.

Browns, NYJ, NYG, Buffalo, Gb...

Etc, ETc

ks_perfection 03-02-2007 06:58 PM

Very surprised since he actually played well last season.

smittyjs 03-02-2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller (Post 181744)
It can go a Variety of ways.. he just hit the free market after a very good season.. with so many teams hurting for a good RB.. he may get that money elsewhere.

Browns, NYJ, NYG, Buffalo, Gb...

Etc, ETc

There were pretty close to getting a new deal done, i'm not to worried.

smittyjs 03-02-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ks_perfection (Post 181773)
Very surprised since he actually played well last season.

Read a few post above this

Mr. Stiller 03-02-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittyjs (Post 181774)
There were pretty close to getting a new deal done, i'm not to worried.

True, but I'm sure his agent won't atleast check out alternative options I mean, it's his job to "Show Travis the Money!".

So even though they're working a deal, they could possibly use that as a starting block... As there's really no premier RB talent in FA, this could be good for Travis as he'd make more money than in a normal year. Especially with the lack of talent at RB in this draft. Some teams could call his Agent up with Convincing offers.

art vandelay 03-02-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittyjs (Post 181778)
Read a few post above this

He could definitely sign somewhere else smitty...

smittyjs 03-02-2007 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller (Post 181780)
True, but I'm sure his agent won't atleast check out alternative options I mean, it's his job to "Show Travis the Money!".

So even though they're working a deal, they could possibly use that as a starting block... As there's really no premier RB talent in FA, this could be good for Travis as he'd make more money than in a normal year. Especially with the lack of talent at RB in this draft. Some teams could call his Agent up with Convincing offers.

He is also one Drug test away form being done for an entire season.

smittyjs 03-02-2007 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art vandelay (Post 181783)
He could definitely sign somewhere else smitty...

I know that, but i'm just saying its not a surprise to most Titans fan that he was released.

Mr. Stiller 03-02-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittyjs (Post 181807)
He is also one Drug test away form being done for an entire season.

Well I never said anything about Cincy, or that it would happen, just a possibility.

I think he and Ronnie Brown would be a killer Duo.

Flyboy 03-02-2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller (Post 181684)
Interesting considering he was a large part to their success their season.

Leaving only LenDale White....

What about Chris Brown?

Geo 03-02-2007 08:25 PM

Chris Brown is also a free agent.

Flyboy 03-02-2007 08:37 PM

Ah ha. Didn't know that. Thanks.

yourfavestoner 03-03-2007 08:53 PM

JESUS ******* CHRIST PEOPLE. READ WHAT ELSE HAS GONE ON IN THE ******* THREAD BEFORE YOU ******* POST.

Yes, it may have come as a surprise to a lot of us that Travis Henry got cut. But how many times has Smitty had to say that this was an expected salary cap move, and that he'll probably resign with the Titans.

This has happened in just about every signing/cut thread this week. People are taking the time to post and explain the strategy behind these decisions, and you lazy ******* just blow right by it so you can post "omg how surprising" or "that's too much money." Seriously. Read what the **** has people have been talking about in the thread so you don't sound like a redundant ******* idiot.

smittyjs 03-03-2007 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner (Post 185473)
JESUS ******* CHRIST PEOPLE. READ WHAT ELSE HAS GONE ON IN THE ******* THREAD BEFORE YOU ******* POST.

Yes, it may have come as a surprise to a lot of us that Travis Henry got cut. But how many times has Smitty had to say that this was an expected salary cap move, and that he'll probably resign with the Titans.

This has happened in just about every signing/cut thread this week. People are taking the time to post and explain the strategy behind these decisions, and you lazy ******* just blow right by it so you can post "omg how surprising" or "that's too much money." Seriously. Read what the **** has people have been talking about in the thread so you don't sound like a redundant ******* idiot.

Damn, you feel better now LOL

yourfavestoner 03-03-2007 09:03 PM

Yeah, I do. It's something that's really been starting to irritate me.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan 03-03-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner (Post 185500)
Yeah, I do. It's something that's really been starting to irritate me.

So just hit the back button and don't come back into threads that irritate you.

There is a chance that he signs somewhere else, if some other team offers him more money than the Titans are planning on giving.

JT Jag 03-03-2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner (Post 185473)

You know, I've heard about those anxiety attacks people get sometimes after smoking the ganja, but I never imagined.