Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Dan Wilkinson to Denver (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2753)

Windy 03-03-2007 12:12 PM

Dan Wilkinson to Denver
 
ProFootballTalk.com

POSTED 1:07 p.m. EST; UPDATED 1:11 p.m. EST, March 3, 2007

FINS SHIP BIG DADDY TO DENVER

The Denver Broncos have continued to show their thirst for defensive linemen who once were taken at the top of the draft by acquiring tackle Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson from the Miami Dolphins.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting the deal, and says that the Fins will get a sixth-round pick from the Broncos in exchange.

Wilkinson was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1994 draft, and has played for the Bengals, Redskins, Lions, and Fins.

Other highly drafted defensive linemen on the Broncos include defensive end Courtney Brown (No. 1 overall in 2000) and defensive tackle Gerard Warren (No. 3 overall in 2001).

CC.SD 03-03-2007 12:13 PM

Collectively, the AFC West bites its pillow, quaking with fear.

The Legend 03-03-2007 12:14 PM

wow look at denver going crazy

draftguru151 03-03-2007 12:17 PM

I really hope Keith Traylor is coming back.

elway777 03-03-2007 12:19 PM

How much does big Dan have left in him?

The Legend 03-03-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elway777 (Post 183718)
How much does big Dan have left in him?

he has only play'd 12 years

draftguru151 03-03-2007 12:24 PM

Role player at best. He played well as a rotation guy at both NT and DT this past season. We are trying to get younger though so I guess this is part of that.

darnik44two 03-03-2007 12:26 PM

is this official or just a rumor?

Ace 03-03-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151 (Post 183740)
Role player at best. He played well as a rotation guy at both NT and DT this past season. We are trying to get younger though so I guess this is part of that.

You must of been only watching the preseason games because Wilkinson really didn't do **** for us last year. We was going to cut him anyway, so anytime you get a pick for a guy who you was going to cut is a plus.

PalmerToCJ 03-03-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChargerCohen (Post 183694)
Collectively, the AFC West bites its pillow, quaking with fear.

ahhahahahha

It's worked for them in the past, why not?

Number 10 03-03-2007 12:37 PM

I respect the way Denver does things just as much as any other team in the league and the fact that they are throwing their picks away proves my notion how weak this draft is.

draftguru151 03-03-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace (Post 183789)
You must of been only watching the preseason games because Wilkinson really didn't do **** for us last year. We was going to cut him anyway, so anytime you get a pick for a guy who you was going to cut is a plus.

He was good at taking double teams and holding his ground. That's what his job was and he did it well.

Saints Dome Patrol 03-03-2007 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darnik44two (Post 183750)
is this official or just a rumor?

Official... NFL Network's Adam Schefter reported on it on NFL.com.

Diehard 03-03-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151 (Post 183820)
He was good at taking double teams and holding his ground. That's what his job was and he did it well.

Then he'll be very welcome in Denver. Certainly improves our depth (Veal and Burton aren't exactly stellar performers).

Now that Shanny has two big bodies in the middle, it's time to pick a disruptor/penetrator DT in the draft and we'll have the makings of a decent rotation.

tjsunstein 03-03-2007 01:02 PM

Denver is easily the most active this offseason but why deall all of your draft picks away

Number 10 03-03-2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 183919)
Denver is easily the most active this offseason but why deall all of your draft picks away

Because this draft blows.

tjsunstein 03-03-2007 01:08 PM

I think its one of the best draft classes ALL AROUND ever actually. Explain Number 10.

CT Bronco Fan 03-03-2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 183919)
Denver is easily the most active this offseason but why deall all of your draft picks away

We traded a 5th rounder, and two possible cuts for a 6th rounder and dre bly, and then traded a 6th rounder for Dan Wilkinson. I hardly call that throwing away picks

ripdw27 03-03-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan (Post 183984)
We traded a 5th rounder, and two possible cuts for a 6th rounder and dre bly, and then traded a 6th rounder for Dan Wilkinson. I hardly call that throwing away picks

amen to that, all we really did was give up a 6th rounder and like you said, 2 cuts.

Number 10 03-03-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 183952)
I think its one of the best draft classes ALL AROUND ever actually. Explain Number 10.

Are you joking?!

This draft has nice talent for the top of the 1st, but there is such a small amount of depth it isn't even funny. The 2006 class was awesome as seen in the massive amount of rookie production in the league, and I think it is safe to say that guys that were picked in the 3rd round last year would be 1st rounders in this class.

omecool20 03-03-2007 08:17 PM

Well, Dan n his new mates on the d-line can exchange first pick notes. He is a solid player, no doubt, and was signed for rotation around the Denver D line.

Marino13 03-03-2007 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151 (Post 183820)
He was good at taking double teams and holding his ground. That's what his job was and he did it well.

If I remeber correctly, he was inactive quite a bit this year.

jth1331 03-04-2007 03:05 AM

I think this is a solid trade. A 6th rounder, not too many of those pan out. Wilkinson will only be asked to be a rotational guy, and will be used to help stuff the run game. I think he will be a solid pickup. It isn't on the lines of adding someone like Bly who will start every game, but solid, adds a veteran presence and depth to the DT position, which was very badly needed.

Denver Bronco99 03-04-2007 10:13 AM

and if you know anything about bates and his scheme he NEEDS big DT...warren=330 and wilkerson is in the 340s....so that should help our LBs and clog the lanes up


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.