Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Arizona Cardinals Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Kurt Warner's Future (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27723)

The Legend 12-10-2008 04:32 AM

Kurt Warner's Future

Kurt Warner is a free agent at the end of the year.
Do you think he will get franchised tag?

If not I could see him making tons of money.
That much money will make him leave the Cardinals.

Bengalsrocket 12-10-2008 04:39 AM

Isn't he 37 right now? I guess Favre is living proof that Warner is still worth paying though (not because of skill necessarily, but age).

The Legend 12-10-2008 05:16 AM

He took his team to the playoffs. He is projected for 5000 yards and 30+TDs.
100.0 QB Ratings, 69% Compilation, 600+ Passing Attempts.
His age will get him less money but I can still see him getting a big contract.
I think he could get 15 Millions / 2 Years or 24 Millions / 3 Years.

Yatta! 12-10-2008 06:00 AM

Anyone think he might retire? If the Cards have a playoff run or he wins the MVP then he might wanna leave on a high.

Shane P. Hallam 12-10-2008 06:26 AM

From his comments, I doubt it.

Smooth Criminal 12-10-2008 09:48 AM

I can see him getting a big money deal for 2-3 years somewhere.

Arizona won't pay him. They'll turn to Leinart

Geo 12-10-2008 09:49 AM

I expect Warner to sign a very lucrative two or three-year deal, keeping him with in Arizona for the remainder of his career.

Matt Leinart is signed through 2011, it will be interesting to see what becomes of him.

Turtlepower 12-10-2008 09:53 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if he retires. He has always been a family man first and I know that he has been very close to leaving the game for years.

EarthWindandFire 12-10-2008 10:38 AM

If Arizona is smart (which theyv'e shown time and time again they aren't) they'll keep Warner in the desert until the end of his career. Matt Leinart, for all his talent, still isn't 100% committed in my opinion. They have a good young team with a veteran, accomplished quarterback who can play with ANYONE when he's given time and weapons. Now knowing Arizona they'll let Warner walk, trade Boldin, Leinart will flop, and Fitz will stuck in hell for the next 7 or 8 years. Let's hope for their sake they do the righ thing.

fenikz 12-10-2008 11:12 AM

Warner will either sign the 2 Year offer that is on the table or retire, I think a lot of it will depend on Leinart and how we perform in the playoffs this year. As TP said he is a family man and in the end what ever his family thinks is best he will do.

And no Boldin is not getting traded unless its for a Franchise LT and a 1st rounder, Cards would much rather have him just play out his contract then have the backlash of the fans, he will be 32 at the end and with his style of play it hard to say if he will even be effective at the end of this contract

Menardo75 12-10-2008 11:36 AM

It sounded like we was seriously going to consider retiring after the year and that wouldn't suprise me.

ChezPower4 12-10-2008 01:14 PM

I can't see Arizona letting Warner go after what he's done there that last season and half. I don't think that Matt is ready to step up and be the #1 guy yet. Further more I think that the Cards coaching staff don't have as much faith in Matt as they are leading on the media.

SchizophrenicBatman 12-10-2008 02:15 PM

I've heard and seen nothing from Ken Whisenhunt that suggests he wants Leinart QBing his team. It's not his guy, never has been, and never will be

Menardo75 12-10-2008 03:52 PM

Not to mention Wisenhunt is not connected to Lienart.

yodabear 12-11-2008 12:20 AM

Come back, come back, back to Jamaica, or actually St. Louis. End ur career where it started, come back and win another super bowl. VICTORY!!!!

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES 12-11-2008 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 1362099)
I expect Warner to sign a very lucrative two or three-year deal, keeping him with in Arizona for the remainder of his career.

Matt Leinart is signed through 2011, it will be interesting to see what becomes of him.

maybe leinart becomes the new Aaron rogers

stephenson86 12-11-2008 06:21 AM

didnt he say this was his last year?

tjsunstein 12-11-2008 09:18 AM

I think he retires after next year. By the sounds of it he wants to be in Arizona to end his career and the team pretty much has to attempt to bring him back after this year unless Leinart has shown something behind the scenes.

CashmoneyDrew 12-11-2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yodachu (Post 1363810)
Come back, come back, back to Jamaica, or actually St. Louis. End ur career where it started, come back and win another super bowl. VICTORY!!!!

He'd literally die on the field behind that offensive line.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES 12-11-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey (Post 1364063)
He'd literally die on the field behind that offensive line.

yea kurt warner would look like joey harrington on the lions hit every play

Addict 12-11-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES (Post 1363816)

except Rodgers was stuck behind a future hall of famer, three time MVP, team monument and a legend of the game, while Leinart is stuck behind Kurt Warner, who won 2 mvp awards because he was QB for the Greatest Show on Turf.

It's really not the same thing, and I'm trying to see your logic since I really liked Leinart coming out.

MarioPalmer 12-11-2008 12:30 PM

My question is this, if he does leave Arizona how well will he play well away from one of the most talented offensive groups in the NFL? If he goes to say the Chiefs, just for argument sake, will he be anywhere near as good production wise as he was this year?

I say no, no way in hell does he put up any where near the same numbers. Boldin and Fitz YAC has been 1000 yards of his passing while Boldin's YAC is 54% of his total receiving yards and Fitz' is 34% of his total yards. Not to mention that the O-Line has become an incrediable strong suit, while Tim Hightower has become one of the biggest steals in the 2008 draft. And let's not forget about a defense that can keep the Cards in games.

Warner, to me, is finished, this is his last horah. I don't get the hype and love for him other than that he still fits the "underdog" storyline. Against good defenses he has been shredded. The Jets and Giants games along with games like the 49ers have made Warner look like the Warner we all know he really is behind that awesome talent in Arizona.

I'm not saying the Cards should say Leinart is their guy, because I don't have much confidence in him, but for Warner to leave Arizona for anywhere else would seem like a suicide attempt. He doesn't have, nor did he ever have the physical skills and total confidence when things got rough to carry a struggling or up and coming franchise. Once the pressure gets to him he falls apart, just like his last 2 years in St.Louis and his year in New York. And in St.Louis they went to the NFC Championship just 2 years later, so it wasn't them being bad that made Warner bad. He totally fell apart and now you think he will get this large lucrative contract that would suggest that a NFL team would rely on him?

We have to remember that the NFL is the NFL, this is the same league that will cut a MVP player 2 years after he won it, the same league that won't resign a MVDP like Haynesworth when he was widely considered the best defensive player in the league, the same league that won't resign guys like Asante Samuel or out right cut guys like Keyshawn Johnson. This league is always and always has been ahead of the curve, just because Warner puts up Pro-Bowl numbers this year doesn't mean he will next season.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES 12-11-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addict (Post 1364152)
except Rodgers was stuck behind a future hall of famer, three time MVP, team monument and a legend of the game, while Leinart is stuck behind Kurt Warner, who won 2 mvp awards because he was QB for the Greatest Show on Turf.

It's really not the same thing, and I'm trying to see your logic since I really liked Leinart coming out.

yea i did not believe what i said i was just throwing it out there lol

Brodeur 12-11-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES (Post 1363816)

Maybe if Leinart gets Tommy John surgery.

CC.SD 12-11-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addict (Post 1364152)

I liked Matty a lot coming out too (trojan alum) but I still can't let this Warner dis pass. Kurt wasn't just coincidentally the QB for the greatest show on turf...he and Martz built the thing from the ground up! His skills and production as a QB aren't random. Going from grocery bagman to Hall of Famer (yes, he'll make it) qualifies him as a legend of the game IMO and Matt needs to spend his off time recapturing his dedication (and a tight spiral) if he wants to be the next Aaron Rodgers.