Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Vince Young sues for use of "VY" trademark (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27995)

49ersfan_87 12-19-2008 01:48 PM

Vince Young sues for use of "VY" trademark

Hmmm, maybe he'll get more endorsements when he starts playing better...or actually playing.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...k_N.htm?csp=34

Quote:

Titans quarterback Vince Young has filed a lawsuit in Houston against three individuals who applied for the trademark "VY" and "INVINCEABLE" after Young guided Texas to the national championship in 2006.
Young wants them to relinquish the trademark so he can use it. The third-year pro has been prevented from getting marketing deals, including some that were in the works for Reebok, Young's agent said Wednesday.

Xonraider 12-19-2008 02:00 PM

This is going to be in the NFLN's show of the top 10 biggest busts when Vince is mentioned in like 10 years.

Giantsfan1080 12-19-2008 02:02 PM

Didn't Micheal Vick also sue for the use of the VD trademark?

bigbluedefense 12-19-2008 02:12 PM

Oh Vince.

Worry about reading defenses.

BmoreBlackByrdz 12-19-2008 02:27 PM

Well, seeing as how hes sitting on the bench every game, I guess hes finnally gotten bored enough, so he goes an sues people. lol. Go VY!

Shane P. Hallam 12-19-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 1377327)
Oh Vince.

Worry about reading defenses.

I'm going to guess this whole thing took him 2 seconds. What? I can't do this deal because of VY? He calls his lawyer, his lawyer takes care of everything.

soybean 12-19-2008 02:36 PM

then he should sue sesame street, im sure they've used those 2 letters numerous times.

Gay Ork Wang 12-19-2008 02:39 PM

i dont know why u people get so upset. he wants to make millions of dollar. he couldnt. so he tries to fix it

Shane P. Hallam 12-19-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 1377373)
i dont know why u people get so upset. he wants to make millions of dollar. he couldnt. so he tries to fix it

"Signed a six-year, $58 million" I think he's fine, lol.

Gay Ork Wang 12-19-2008 02:43 PM

yea but he obviously wants to get as much money as possible. thats just what people do in this world

The Great Jonathan Vilma 12-19-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 1377380)
yea but he obviously wants to get as much money as possible. thats just what people do in this world

Yeah, the rich trying to take from the poor.

Gay Ork Wang 12-19-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma (Post 1377399)

but u cant fault vince young for that, fault the system. there is no rule preventing vince young to do that.

Twiddler 12-19-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma (Post 1377399)

Couldn't you say that for anyone who is trying to better their income?

BlindSite 12-19-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBond93 (Post 1377354)
I'm going to guess this whole thing took him 2 seconds. What? I can't do this deal because of VY? He calls his lawyer, his lawyer takes care of everything.

More like his agent calls a lawyer and just gets Young to sign off on it.

This would come from his agent, not him.

Shane P. Hallam 12-19-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindSite (Post 1377405)
More like his agent calls a lawyer and just gets Young to sign off on it.

This would come from his agent, not him.

My goal wasn't to be factually accurate but to establish the elapsed time it would take :P

BlindSite 12-19-2008 03:15 PM

I was merely trying to reinforce the point by pointing out Agencies do the searching for marketing deals therefore they would've wanted the dispute.

The Great Jonathan Vilma 12-19-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiddler (Post 1377402)
Couldn't you say that for anyone who is trying to better their income?

Uh, not if it is the poor trying to take from the rich....

The Great Jonathan Vilma 12-19-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 1377400)
but u cant fault vince young for that, fault the system. there is no rule preventing vince young to do that.

Obviously you can fault someone. What you are implying is that people can never be at fault, or have any element of humility, so long as a system in place allows for a person to act in a way?

I'll refrain from carrying this over into other situations where your statement would seem idiotic.

Bengalsrocket 12-19-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma (Post 1377497)
Obviously you can fault someone. What you are implying is that people can never be at fault, or have any element of humility, so long as a system in place allows for a person to act in a way?

I'll refrain from carrying this over into other situations where your statement would seem idiotic.

Obviously it was a stupid statement. I think *** Ork Wang actually meant that while you can fault Vince Young, it won't do you any good. The root of the problem lies within the system and until that is fixed, then crying about the people who abuse it won't do us any good.

You must feel pretty high up on your pedestal. Try to infer what he actually means next time instead of rushing to the quote button to point obvious facts about how terrible of a poster he is for not conveying his message perfectly to you.

BBIB 12-19-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xonraider (Post 1377313)
This is going to be in the NFLN's show of the top 10 biggest busts when Vince is mentioned in like 10 years.

I'd put Leinart ahead of Vince Young. Better weapons and more polished out of school

iowatreat54 12-19-2008 04:53 PM

I'm going to trademark my initials, so in the future when some superstar has them and wants to market them, he will have to pay me to relinquish the rights. And I will charge an insane amount. Yay.

Twiddler 12-19-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma (Post 1377496)
Uh, not if it is the poor trying to take from the rich....

Yeah, because Vince Young obviously has it out for all the poor people in the world. He wants their money. Obviously that's it.

Gay Ork Wang 12-19-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma (Post 1377497)

what did he do wrong? what is the mistake he made? the only mistake he made is moraly and moral mistakes are objective. I cant see any mistake he made...

I mean people can be at fault. thats what the law is for. If u look at the law, it obviously says Vince Young is allowed to sue to get more money. The system actually is about making more money. So why is he at fault?

The Unseen 12-19-2008 06:13 PM

I'm all for suing Sterling Sharpe. I have an aneurysm every time he says "VY."

Staubach12 12-20-2008 07:07 PM

Woah, this hasn't prevented endorsement deals? I wouldn't let Vince Young endorse my left sock.