Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Pacman to be released (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28689)

Don Vito 01-07-2009 06:01 PM

Pacman to be released

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3817195

Didn't see a thread for it, thought for all they did to give this guy another chance it is thread worthy.

captainjack27 01-07-2009 06:19 PM

what a waste.

SuperKevin 01-07-2009 06:19 PM

He's going to be the UFL's first big signing.

Speaking of the UFL, I know it's probably bogus but I heard Michael Vick has already been offered a 1 year contract worth 5 million with the team of his choosing should he be suspended by the NFL for 2009.

stephenson86 01-07-2009 06:23 PM

he could have been great, what a douche

CC.SD 01-07-2009 06:31 PM

Oh no, not Pac-man.

critesy 01-07-2009 06:33 PM

just saw on the bottom feeder of the score that he was released. funny :)

Vikes99ej 01-07-2009 06:39 PM

I sit around and wonder how a team as talented as the Cowboys doesn't make the playoffs, and then I look at acquisitions like Pacman, and Roy Williams and I realize why.

regoob2 01-07-2009 06:41 PM

Should Cleveland look at him? They could really use help at CB.

Vikes99ej 01-07-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regoob2 (Post 1414048)
Should Cleveland look at him? They could really use help at CB.

That would be a terrible way for Mangini to start his rule in Cleveland.

OzTitan 01-07-2009 06:43 PM

He looked like an entirely different player than the Pacman of Titans 2006. Not just play wise too, physically just as much - seemed bigger and slower.

regoob2 01-07-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikes99ej (Post 1414053)

What teams would look at him? If the Cowboys dont want you....yeesh! Oakland here he comes.

SuperKevin 01-07-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regoob2 (Post 1414058)
What teams would look at him? If the Cowboys dont want you....yeesh! Oakland here he comes.

No teams. That's the sad part

regoob2 01-07-2009 06:45 PM

Some one will at least look into him...... I think.

TitanHope 01-07-2009 07:23 PM

This is what he deserves. He gave the organization that showed unwordly patience with him the finger by saying he wanted to play for the Cowboys, and now he's without a job.

He may get a 1-year, league minimum deal with another team just because of his returning abilities, but he'll never, ever get a contract that's remotely close to his talent level after this.

locseti 01-07-2009 07:52 PM

Pacman looks like he's aged ten years since being drafted. Livin' that life takes a toll, he's done.

MetSox17 01-07-2009 09:14 PM

For all the crap Jerry Jones took for acquiring him in the first place, i thought he would have given him at least another season to prove his play. I guess this little scandal was the last straw. Oh well, his career in the NFL just might be over now.

LonghornsLegend 01-07-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikes99ej (Post 1414044)
I sit around and wonder how a team as talented as the Cowboys doesn't make the playoffs, and then I look at acquisitions like Pacman, and Roy Williams and I realize why.

Those 2 are just the biggest acquisitions so people point the finger at them the fastest, but they were FAR from the problem at Valley Ranch, Pacman played solid outside of being a pedestrian punt returner...That said, he didn't seem bigger to me, he looked thinner and more frail, his coverage skills were coming around but he would need to be in the game for a few years to get back to his old self if at all.

Oh well, it was a nice gamble, didn't really cost anything, so I'm not upset the risk was taken...We were going to have problems with or without him, he's just the most recognizeable to the public eye.

SuperKevin 01-07-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanHope (Post 1414150)
He may get a 1-year, league minimum deal with another team just because of his returning abilities, but he'll never, ever get a contract that's remotely close to his talent level after this.

The same return skills that netted him an amazing 4.7 yards per punt return this year.

kwilk103 01-07-2009 09:28 PM

oh snap! pac-man suing espn

January 7, 2009Pacman to sue ESPN8:40 PM Wed, Jan 07, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

Adam Jones is denying an ESPN report that he arranged for someone to shoot at three men outside a Atlanta night club.

In fact an angry Jones said he's planning legal action against the network.

"It will be a lawsuit in a week against ESPN," Jones said. "That's stupid. It's so stupid I have no more comments."

This might be the last time we talk about Pacman here on the blog until tomorrow when he continue our report cards with a look at the secondary.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

illmatic74 01-07-2009 09:58 PM

PacMan Jones in Tennesse before the suspension was a top 10 corner and the 2nd best return man. But this year with the Cowboys He was inexcusably awful. His trouble is no longer worth the performance.

Brothgar 01-07-2009 10:12 PM

I don't know at league minimum it might be worth it. Specially with a leader filled team like the Pats, The Ravens. Maybe a desperate team Lions...

TimD 01-07-2009 10:15 PM

if the jets get spagz they should look at him

johbur 01-08-2009 12:32 AM

NFL GMs that need to win will look at him. Give him an incentive laced contract, no guaranteed money and you're set. He was a great return man and would be a fine nickel back while he worked up some trust from his teammates. If he didn't, cut him.

Lions, Rams, Raiders could take a peek, though they'll all have new coaches that might not want to deal with him versus a team like Buffalo in which the GM and HC could be in their last season and need to win to keep their jobs.

I wouldn't mind Green Bay looking at him if Harris stayed on the roster as when you have a couple solid vets on a relatively trouble free team (and in a pretty trouble free city like GB) you might see a change in behavior. Look at the hx with the Cowboys (The Irvin years and then having TO being Adam's mentor? Ug.) versus a player like Moss that goes from a deeply troubled (love-boat) team to the most troubled team (Darth Davis) but gets a chance with the Pats and their team and culture of winning over BS. Woodson didn't have a great rep coming from the Raiders and there were a lot of overpaid threads, but he's focused and now in the Pro Bowl again.

Rayray52 01-08-2009 02:03 AM

pac-man dont need no football he moves weight son....seriously though he looked decent in dallas albeit very rusty, i see a few teams taking a look at him and im sure somebody will be desperate enough to roll the dice.

PoopSandwich 01-08-2009 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikes99ej (Post 1414053)

Exactly, why the hell would we get Pacman.