Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Giants Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Peppers in a NYG uniform?? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29142)

ChefMike 01-18-2009 09:50 AM

Peppers in a NYG uniform??

Can anyone see the Giants spending the money on Peppers ? He would be the ultimate end to play opposite Tuck.. Your Defense would rival that of the Ravens and Steelers on greatness... Your Offense is pretty stout and just needs to jell a little more...

Thoughts ??

Geo 01-18-2009 11:25 AM

No, I can't see this at all.

Crickett 01-18-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefMike (Post 1438890)
Can anyone see the Giants spending the money on Peppers ? He would be the ultimate end to play opposite Tuck.. Your Defense would rival that of the Ravens and Steelers on greatness... Your Offense is pretty stout and just needs to jell a little more...

Thoughts ??

Thoughts

1. The Giants have over a dozen free agents going into this offseason.

2. Among those free agents are Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward. Earth and wind.

3. You know who else would be the ultimate end to play opposite Tuck? Osi Umenyiora.

4. Now sure, they could use another end to replace Michael Strahan and restore the Giants to their #1 and its not even close pass rush status but........ not for those kinda bucks.

Number 10 01-18-2009 01:37 PM

Osi Umenyiora is a better and more productive DE than Julius Peppers.

No way does he fit into the Giants plans.

NY+Giants=NYG 01-18-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 (Post 1439185)
Osi Umenyiora is a better and more productive DE than Julius Peppers.

No way does he fit into the Giants plans.

He is coming off an injury so I expect him to have a down year next year. I'd be actually suprised if he was the Osi we know.

OSUGiants17 01-18-2009 05:23 PM

Peppers, in no way at all does he fit into the Giants plans.

giantsfan 01-18-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Thoughts ??

A healthy Osi and Kiwi playing whatever he's going to be playing all offseason puts our D on the level of the Ravens, no one's touching this years steelers but those two being healthy/inshape for the position they'll be playing puts us up there.

giantsfan 01-18-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking (Post 1439189)
He is coming off an injury so I expect him to have a down year next year. I'd be actually suprised if he was the Osi we know.

Osi's always beastly every other year. Injury or no Osi's going to be racking up sacks next season and as the season progresses I think we'll see his play improving.

giantstalk 04-16-2009 12:57 AM

no way man, he will not be a Giant

Big_Pete 05-17-2009 02:40 AM

I highly doubt Peppers would end up as a Giant.

We have three starting calibre DEs. Plus we can rotate Canty and Alford in as needed.

From an age a point of view, it doesn't make sense.

From a contract point of view, it doesn't make sense.

It makes more sense to bring in a young DE to develop behind the other three DEs. We may already have that player on the roster between Maurice Evans and Robert Henderson.

If we had the kind of money to get Peppers, I would prefer to invest that in extensions for Cofield, Kiwanuka, Osi, Hixon etc

BaLLiN 05-17-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Thoughts ??

1. No
2. like said before me thats Osi Umenyiora
3. Our defense has done as well for almost two years.
4. Stout isnt really a word used with offense

Gay Ork Wang 05-17-2009 01:13 PM

is he serious?

Geo 05-17-2009 01:29 PM

I don't see the point in bumping this thread. The OP said this before the G-Men spent big money on Canty and Bernard. Now there's absolutely no way Peppers can be a Giants player, it's financially impossible.

(Maybe in an uncapped 2010, if the Panthers franchise him and trade him. If the Giants want to spend that much.)

Damix 05-18-2009 11:10 PM

Ha, people check out dates before you post.

Would be hilarious though, Osi-Peppers-Canty-Tuck-Kiwi, unstoppable. Only player with 2 LBs