Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Which team would you rather be the GM of? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3032)

Xiomera 03-05-2007 05:40 PM

Which team would you rather be the GM of?
 
Among the teams picking in the top 4, which team would you most like to be the GM for? In other words, which team has the brightest future . . .

Oakland
Detroit
Cleveland
Tampa Bay

note: I excluded Arizona because they would undoubtedly be the overwhelming choice, IMO.

Beans 03-05-2007 05:41 PM

Tampa or Cleveland.

Prolly Tampa.


(trying not to be a homer.)

Chucky 03-05-2007 05:42 PM

no way the raiders, the lions just because of job security, maybe the browns but they just have the worst luck, so i am picking the bucs( not being a homer)

Space Ghost 03-05-2007 05:42 PM

Tampa Bay because it is nice and sunny down there and a couple years of GM money before I got fired tucked away for retirement would do me good. Busch Gardens is there too...

jetsfan3 03-05-2007 05:43 PM

Detriot, because Millen is the only thing holding them back, and if I were GM, Millen would be OUT. I could do damage with their wideouts, and they have solid DTs which helps me to build my Dline, draft Joe Thomas for the OLine, and rebuild.

princefielder28 03-05-2007 05:43 PM

Cleveland, they have the right idea going but just need some pieces to fall into place

Flyboy 03-05-2007 05:44 PM

Hm, I went with the Lions... no real reason only than they are my 2nd favorite team in the league.

cardsalltheway 03-05-2007 05:45 PM

Honestly, I would pick Oakland. They have a very good defense already, talent at WR and the #1 pick. Their line has talent and just needs some consistency on the coaching front and it could turn out good. Their only real question mark is quarterback. While that is a huge hole to have, I still think they have the most pieces in place as of now.

Shiver 03-05-2007 05:48 PM

I really like the direction Detroit is going. Martz' offense will produce, especially if their O-Line stays more healthy than they were last year. Meanwhile, Marinelli is a rush end away from completing his transition.

ninerfan 03-05-2007 05:49 PM

Tampa strike me as being the most stable

etk 03-05-2007 06:24 PM

Homer thoughts aside, this one isn't even close. Those top 3 teams are consistent laughing stocks in every which way. The Raiders only recently though. The Bucs just won a Super Bowl 4 years ago, in case you have forgotten Xiomera. They won their division 2 years ago too, over the Super Bowl favourite Panthers. I don't care what our draft pick is, we don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those teams.

Smokey Joe 03-05-2007 06:28 PM

The lions because I would really run them into the ground! :D

TitleTown088 03-05-2007 06:30 PM

Browns because they are the only team i can out of the rest.

eaglesalltheway 03-05-2007 06:30 PM

I will go with Tampa, mostly because they have a stable organization. It doesn't hurt that they will be getting Calvin Johnson, most likely. I still would pick them even if one of the other three teams would be likely to pick him.

GB12 03-05-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey Joe (Post 191507)
The lions because I would really run them into the ground! :D

You mean even further

Xiomera 03-05-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etk (Post 191489)
Homer thoughts aside, this one isn't even close. Those top 3 teams are consistent laughing stocks in every which way. The Raiders only recently though. The Bucs just won a Super Bowl 4 years ago, in case you have forgotten Xiomera. They won their division 2 years ago too, over the Super Bowl favourite Panthers. I don't care what our draft pick is, we don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those teams.

No, I didn't forget? And I question why you single me out here? I haven't even given my reasoning . . .

RaVeNFaNaCtIc 03-05-2007 06:34 PM

IMO The browns are the only team on that list that are on a small rise so i would take them. Tampa is probably my next choice.

Shiver 03-05-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeNFaNaCtIc (Post 191561)
IMO The browns are the only team on that list that are on a small rise so i would take them.

If they don't win now, all their positive momentum goes away. Which is why I am hesitant with them and Tampa Bay.

detroit4life 03-05-2007 07:17 PM

i'd take the lions solid RB great wr good DL and a good staff with martz marinelli and barry plus their my favorite team and hometown

dhoe20 03-05-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiomera (Post 191214)
Among the teams picking in the top 4, which team would you most like to be the GM for? In other words, which team has the brightest future . . .

Oakland
Detroit
Cleveland
Tampa Bay

note: I excluded Arizona because they would undoubtedly be the overwhelming choice, IMO.

Arizona, Detroit, and Cleveland are cursed. Tampa Bay is an old team, so you'd have to rebuild a lot. Oakland has plenty of talent on that team. I'd go with them.

JPLUFF 03-05-2007 07:23 PM

I like what Cleveland is doing. Give them AP and I think they could be very good. Too bad their division is pretty sick.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc 03-05-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPLUFF (Post 191846)
I like what Cleveland is doing. Give them AP and I think they could be very good. Too bad their division is pretty sick.

Yea i would take A.P. too but i see a huge bust in Adrian and i would rather take Alan Branch and sign short term solution at RB, some1 like Corey Dillon and take a RB next year when the class of RB's will be much stronger.

JT Jag 03-05-2007 07:31 PM

Logic says the Browns.

But history says "STAY AWAY. STAY AWAY".

I'd go with the Lions. I'm sure with a semi-competent GM, that team wouldn't drown in inefficiency.

bearsfan_51 03-05-2007 07:31 PM

Cleveland. I would have no interest in sharing power with Gruden, and the other two aren't even an option in my mind.

bearsfan_51 03-05-2007 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT Jag (Post 191891)
Logic says the Browns.

But history says "STAY AWAY. STAY AWAY".

I'd go with the Lions. I'm sure with a semi-competent GM, that team wouldn't drown in inefficiency.

History doesn't say stay away from the Lions?

You must not know the history of the NFL that well. The Browns are a proud franchise.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.