Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Are you satisfied with your FO and coaching staff? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31279)

49ersfan_87 03-16-2009 01:53 PM

Are you satisfied with your FO and coaching staff?

FO- Im a little unsure. Our GM McCloughan has only been GM for 1 full offseason (this is his 2nd). He was VP of Player Personnel for 06, 06, and 07 offseasons. Its unsure how much sway he had with the picks but i know he was (is) a big advocate of Alex Smith. But hes a son of a football scout, and hes worked under Ron Wolf too. Im not super high on him but i dont think hes terrible either.

Coaching Staff- I love it. Singletary has won me over with his performance. Manusky is a solid D coordinator and our OC Raye has over 30 years of experience so i think it will be a nice coaching staff. A lot better than Nolan or Martz!

Anyways, whats your take on the upper hierarchy of your team?

NY+Giants=NYG 03-16-2009 02:02 PM

FO: Yes, I never was a fan of Ernie Accorsi, and I am very happy we have Reese as our GM

Coach: I always been a Coughlin fan even when all the media and alot of our fanbase wanted him fired. So it's good to have him around, and now in the good graces of the city and fan base. He is pretty much untouchable now in this city.

JRTPlaya21 03-16-2009 02:03 PM

Redskins fan..hmm not really. Not much I can do but sit back and pray for draft picks and a few smart decisions.

the decider13 03-16-2009 02:05 PM

I have nothing to say about Broncos FO or new head coaching staff. It's not good so far.

etk 03-16-2009 02:05 PM

Interesting thread. I'll give the Bucs an incomplete for now. Too early to judge.

Mr.Regular 03-16-2009 02:14 PM

I really like our FO. I trust Ted Thompson's decisions and his stance on the importance of the draft.
Same with coaching. I'll wait and see on Capers and his new defense, but our past DC's have been pretty bad so no complaints yet. And I like the way McCarthy works for the most part.

So, I'm pretty happy right now though this season coming up is a big one.

vidae 03-16-2009 02:14 PM

It's hard to say for the Chiefs. I'm happy that we landed Scott Pioli, but so far his track record is pretty non existant outside of the Cassel/Vrabel trade. I was not a fan of the Todd Haley signing but time will tell on that one.

It's a little too early to make judgements. It looks decent on paper though.

CashmoneyDrew 03-16-2009 02:16 PM

Even though I've had my disagreements with Reinfeldt *Coughchrishenrycough* I still think he's a pretty good GM. I like our coaching staff as well. But it remains to be seen if promoting Chuck Cecil to DC was a good decision or not.

coordinator0 03-16-2009 02:26 PM

Baltimore Ravens

Front Office: Hell ya I'm satisfied with "The Wizard of Oz" Ozzie Newsome.

Coaching Staff: I like John Harbaugh about 1,000,000x better than Billick. Cameron as our OC is pretty goodas well, and I have faith that Mattsion will come in and do a good job (which Baltimore DC hasn't?)

Overall I am 100% satisfied with our FO and Coaching Staff.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 03-16-2009 02:28 PM

Hell ******* no.

Matthew Jones 03-16-2009 02:36 PM

Absolutely for New England, aside from not really having an offensive coordinator and an average defensive coordinator. Belichick's track record speaks for itself but it's going to be very hard to be the GM, head coach, and call plays on offense - assuming Bill O'Brien doesn't end up doing that.

tjsunstein 03-16-2009 02:48 PM

So far this offseason I have been and in the past I havent had too many gripes. I like the effort being put in for the transition to the 3-4 with the hiring of Capers and staff. Kevin Greene was a nice hiring as well. Im really anticipating this season because of how big it is.

Malaka 03-16-2009 02:52 PM

I absolutely love Jerry Reese, he is amazing, and even if I disagree with the move I accept it because in him I trust.

I am okay with Coughlin, I don't really love or hate this guy. I despise Kevin Kildrive, I wish we would just get rid of him already, this is where I really dislike Coughlin for keeping Kildrive around, or maybe interfering with his simplistic and repetitive play-calling, I loved Spagnuolo, but we need to wait and see what Sheridan can do before I can pass judgement on him.

21ST 03-16-2009 03:06 PM

2 big HELL NO's for the skins our coach isnt very good and our FO is a joke

NY+Giants=NYG 03-16-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21ST (Post 1549726)
2 big HELL NO's for the skins our coach isnt very good and our FO is a joke

Not a fan of Vinny? lol

djp 03-16-2009 03:21 PM

Front Office : Some great signings and picks, some not so great signings and picks. Pat Williams was probably the best free agent signing of the 2000's so far, 3 years 13 million for the best NT in the league is a hell of a bargain. I'm somewhat satisfied with the front office.

Coach : No. For all the praise Childress got for developing Donovan McNabb, he sure as **** can't pick the right quarterback here or call plays correctly. His game plans are shoddy at best and the guy simply does not excite anyone to play. He's probably better suited as an offensive coordinator because he does some absolutely silly things with clock management and personnel decisions.

I'm okay with Spielman & Co, but Childress needs to go.

Flyboy 03-16-2009 03:22 PM

I like both for my team. Most Saints fans are sour against Payton but I'm still a fan.

LonghornsLegend 03-16-2009 03:46 PM

Front Office: I have some problems with some of the moves(can't make everyone happy) but I can live and die with Jerry Jones...Some people hate him and like to put the blame of everything on him but one thing he won't do and that's sit around and let the Cowboys stay un-competitive...When all those 2nd-4th round lineman Parcells drafted here didn't pan out Jerry will go out and find studs on the line to protect the QB, if he feels like there is a need he's aggressive to find a fit and he does a good job filling the team with talent.

He made plenty of mistakes last year, but he showed that he learned from those by some of his moves already, that shows he's not going to be stubborn and really wants to win some playoff games, he got the distractions out and the players who have been liabilities for us for awhile, can't complain at this point.

Coaching Staff: Here is where my problem is...Wade is fine as a DC, actually that's what he's best at, it's sad everyone knows his day as a HC is coming to an end soon...Players walk all over him, don't respect him, Jerry looks like the HC in the final 2 minutes of a game more then him.

Garrett has alot to prove this year, he got his wish in getting rid of TO because he was the one leading that train, but he had a terrible 2nd year all together...He needs to show he can utilize 3 RB's consistently, finds ways to get Felix the ball throughout the game, and help Tony get into a rhythm to start the game; all areas he struggled last year.

thetedginnshow 03-16-2009 03:47 PM

I'm in love with Rex. Tannenbaum I'm not so sure. Either he or Woody don't necessarily build a team the way I like (through the draft), but if it works out, it works out. Certainly don't hate him.

M.O.T.H. 03-16-2009 04:01 PM

As for the front office...Jerry makes things happen but, in total disregard of the character of the players he targets. He likes to look for that latest bargain and it normally doesnt work out. It doesnt seem like he knows the meaning of the word "chemistry". It atleast looks like he is trying, though. Another qualm, he has always sold the Cowboys, the brand. "If they're talking about us, it's a good thing". Flawed logic. He is as much to blame as anyone else for the media circus and distractions surrounding the Cowboys. Again, it seems like he's trying something different this year. We'll see how that turns out. It's a love/hate relationship when it comes to Jerry Jones. He can do a lot of good but, he can also make you want to pull your hair out.

Coaches...I've always liked Wade. I thought he'd make a better HC than he has, though. We all know he is soft and trying to toughen up this year. Dicipline is a well known problem on our team. As for his defense...he's always been considered a 3-4 guru and our defense played some impressive ball when he took over the playcalling duties last year. He may not be in the mold of a great HC but, atleast his heart always seems to be in the right place, he's a good guy at the least. haha. I find it hard to dislike him even if he isnt the best man for the job. Again though, he's done wonders for our defense and the players really like him.

As for Garrett...guy has been over hyped since day one. His playbook lacks creativy and depth and his actual football knowledge could be questioned. He hasnt figured out how to use his weapons, he gets too pass heavy, and he needs to learn how to get/keep his players in a rhythm. He has been the primary reason for our struggles. He has a lot to learn yet...hopefully, he will bounce back this year. You could certainly argue that T.O. was hurting what Garrett really wanted to do. But, he didnt really do himself any favors when sending Roy Williams on the same few routes all season long and failing to use the Rbs properly...among many other things. Again, he's still very green...he was in over his head last season and has a lot to learn. We're going to need him to put that Ivy league education to work this year because, he was a problem last year. Family ties or not...no one is completely safe. If we see a repeat of last year...he may be done in big D rather quickly.

SaintsFanForLife 03-16-2009 04:04 PM

I like the way both have done. Loomis and Payton. Allot better than the past year.

GB12 03-16-2009 04:20 PM

Completely. Ted Thompson catches a lot of crap from the general fan base, but I am very happy with the job he has done. McCarthy frustrated me at times this past season, but I like what we have in him.

Michigan 03-16-2009 04:28 PM

Hard to say, since pretty much everything is new. Mayhew and Schwartz look great so far, but I'm still leery about Ford as our owner.

Saints-Tigers 03-16-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyboy (Post 1549763)
I like both for my team. Most Saints fans are sour against Payton but I'm still a fan.

I'm not a huge fan of Payton, but I do like what the FO has done in recent years, being much more proactive than in the past.

We could do worse than Payton, but I think he could be so much better if he wasn't so stubborn.

T-RICH49 03-16-2009 06:01 PM

FO: LOVE the fact that Pioli not only got his QB but in the process may have helped cause friction with a rival.BRILLIANT!!!!

coach: time will tell but I think Haley's put together a solid staff