Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   The Official Kansas City Chiefs General Discussion Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31343)

Splat 03-17-2009 10:25 PM

The Official Kansas City Chiefs General Discussion Thread

We used to have one of these threads and either its gone or I'm blind and can't find it so I made a new one for random Chiefs talk...

Can a mod sticky please?

First topic is...

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest

"San Diego free agent Mike Goff visited the Chiefs on Tuesday. The Chargers are not going to bring Goff back but he could start in Kansas City."

TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! 04-13-2009 03:50 PM

I'm listening to an interview w/ Tank Tyler on NFL Radio, he mentioned that Krumrie is expecting Tank to play the nose in a 3-4.

Coach Haley doesn't want any "fat guys", thinks he will stay at about 315lbs, and not go up to 330lbs.

Never played as NT before, and is ready for double teams and up fpr the challenge.

Also mentioned Dorsey playing 3 tech. so sounds like a hybrid defense will go on for now. I didn't catch anything about his role in a 3-4 yet though.

He also mentioned Tamba and Turk playing as OLB's in the 3-4.

He says tomorrow (4/14) they expect to find out more about what their roles will be in the new defense.

Says Haley is in the weight room with them every day and it helps motivate them knowing he is watching.

Has great respect for Haley and Pioli because of their past successes and Tank seems very pleased in the direction they are moving in.

Finally, he says their is no uncomfortableness in the locker room with the new staff.

bored of education 04-13-2009 04:07 PM

CLAUDE MCBEAST!

interesting line up.

Tank at NT and DE's being Ron Edwards/Boone/Dorsey.

vidae 04-13-2009 05:12 PM

Stickied.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens over the next month. Pretty exciting times!

bspen4 04-13-2009 06:54 PM

Rotoworld is reporting we waived Will Franklin

bored of education 04-13-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bspen4 (Post 1596828)
Rotoworld is reporting we waived Will Franklin

:( William :( :( I had high hopes for him!

AJHawk50 04-13-2009 07:14 PM

I just saw this on the internet too! I like Will Franklin, I was hoping he could step up for us. :(

AJHawk50 04-13-2009 07:36 PM

Just saw an article on ESPN from a guy saying the Chiefs should sign Jason Taylor out of free agents to reunite with Zach Thomas. What are your guys opinions?

vidae 04-13-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJHawk50 (Post 1596947)
Just saw an article on ESPN from a guy saying the Chiefs should sign Jason Taylor out of free agents to reunite with Zach Thomas. What are your guys opinions?

Hell to the no.

And we seriously waived Franklin? Gd, he was one of my favorite picks from last year. Bleh.

Splat 04-14-2009 07:30 PM

How in the world can the Chiefs go 2-14 and not only open the season at B-more but have three of their first four games be 2008 playoff teams?

Could the NFL hate us any more I mean is it to much to ask for us to start the season with at least a home game?

vidae 04-14-2009 07:52 PM

Huh? From what I'm seeing, we start at Baltimore then have a home game against the Raiders, then we play Philly on the road and then we have the Giants at home?

I'm glad we at least have Dallas and the Giants at home. :/

This is definitely a tough schedule tho.

AJHawk50 04-14-2009 08:49 PM

We have our work cut out for us!!! Hard schedule for sure, at least the bye week is mid season to heal up.

AJHawk50 04-15-2009 06:18 PM

I just seen that apparently the Detroit Lions are picking up Will Franklin.

Splat 04-16-2009 04:49 PM

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/16/bold...t-it-resolved/

Boldin said he’s open to getting traded to any team, especially to the NFC East, where the Eagles and Giants need a elite receiver.

Boldin, who said he just has a player-coach relationship with former Cardinals (offensive) coordinator Todd Haley, said he wouldn’t mind playing for him in Kansas City.

As for getting traded, Boldin said: “I just want to get it resolved. It’s been going on way too long.” Later, he said: “It would hurt, but at the same time, change is necessary. My only problem has been management, always has been.”

T-RICH49 04-16-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat420 (Post 1603830)

Boldin said he’s open to getting traded to any team, especially to the NFC East, where the Eagles and Giants need a elite receiver.

Boldin, who said he just has a player-coach relationship with former Cardinals (offensive) coordinator Todd Haley, said he wouldn’t mind playing for him in Kansas City.

As for getting traded, Boldin said: “I just want to get it resolved. It’s been going on way too long.” Later, he said: “It would hurt, but at the same time, change is necessary. My only problem has been management, always has been.”

Boldin and Bowe??? :D :D

Splat 04-16-2009 05:22 PM

It is still a long shot we just don't have the picks our first is worth more the AB and we don't have a second only way we pull this off is if we can trade down and get more picks.

T-RICH49 04-16-2009 05:50 PM

KC trades #3 to Den for #12 and 18.then KC sends 18 and LJ(AZ needs a RB) for AB

AJHawk50 04-16-2009 09:15 PM

I have to agree Bowe, Boldin, and even if we keep him Tony Gonzalez. Talk about serious passing threat!

Splat 04-17-2009 09:13 AM

“The decisions are made by the Kansas City Chiefs as to whether players are here or not,” Pioli said. “It’s not up to the players. The players are under contract. A player under contract doesn’t make decisions as to whether or not he’s going to be here.”

OWNED!!!

There is a new boss in town and he don't take no ****...

bored of education 04-17-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat420 (Post 1603830)

I thnk Boldin understands the relationship between Todd and himself had rough spots but it was for the benefit and greater good of the team.

bored of education 04-17-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat420 (Post 1605089)
“The decisions are made by the Kansas City Chiefs as to whether players are here or not,” Pioli said. “It’s not up to the players. The players are under contract. A player under contract doesn’t make decisions as to whether or not he’s going to be here.”

OWNED!!!

There is a new boss in town and he don't take no ****...

Seriously how awesome was that press conference. I have read the transcript several times and watched the video twice.

Splat 04-17-2009 09:18 AM

The best part is you can tell both GM and HC are on the same page 100% that is so huge...

Splat 04-17-2009 02:54 PM

Friday Mini-Camp Update

AJHawk50 04-17-2009 04:16 PM

I like Pioli a lot. I watched the conference too and read the transcript...and just like they said, whatever they do and decide to go with this season and for the future they will have had it planned out, thought through, discussed, etc.

adschofield 04-17-2009 04:27 PM

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/4...-will-franklin

Haley to Franklin:

"You're a marked man. You're a Herm Edwards guy and I'm gonna ride you hard."