Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   The Official Poker Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3201)

Acreboy 03-06-2007 10:05 PM

The Official Poker Thread
 
I have yet to find a place to discuss poker with anyone.

Hopefully we can discuss it here.

Here we can talk about the WSOP, WPT, PPT, and any other poker tourney's.

Share secrets, bad beats you got, bad beats you gave, home games, strategy's, etc.

Lets get this thing going.

bearsfan_51 03-06-2007 10:20 PM

Poker? I just met her.

moc182 03-06-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 (Post 195650)
Poker? I just met her.


I was passing by the neighborhood Hot Topic the other day, not sure if you midwesterners have experienced the wonder of Hot Topic, but if you're a 14 year old kid looking to perfect the goth/emo look on a weeks allowance, it's the place to be. But in any event they had a hilarious shirt that read "Liquor in the front, poker in the rear". I think I know what to get you for Christmas.

bsaza2358 03-07-2007 10:04 AM

I am going to AC tomorrow to play in the WSOP Circuit Event, plus some cash game play at Showboat and Trop. Staying at the Trump Marina. I am very much looking forward to this...

RyanLeaf#1 03-07-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsaza2358 (Post 196765)
I am going to AC tomorrow to play in the WSOP Circuit Event, plus some cash game play at Showboat and Trop. Staying at the Trump Marina. I am very much looking forward to this...

What event are you playing in? Whats the buy in?

bigmac076 03-07-2007 10:07 AM

liquor in the front, poker in the rear, classic

bsaza2358 03-07-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsaza2358 (Post 196765)
I am going to AC tomorrow to play in the WSOP Circuit Event, plus some cash game play at Showboat and Trop. Staying at the Trump Marina. I am very much looking forward to this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 (Post 196766)
What event are you playing in? Whats the buy in?

I am trying to satellite my way into the $1000 + $80 event, which starts Friday at noon. They have round the clock SNG's and satellites to get into all of the smaller events, plus the main event.

RyanLeaf#1 03-07-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsaza2358 (Post 196803)
I am trying to satellite my way into the $1000 + $80 event, which starts Friday at noon. They have round the clock SNG's and satellites to get into all of the smaller events, plus the main event.

Thats cool

Jughead10 03-07-2007 10:24 AM

I'm playing in a tournament on Friday that had about 60 something guys in last time. It was the first time they ran it so I'm gonna guess more will come now and it will be in the 80's. It's a 100 dollar buy in but only 75 goes to the pot. The rest goes to all the booze and catered food you can eat and drink. Last time I got 4th and walked out with a little under 500.

RyanLeaf#1 03-07-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10 (Post 196807)
I'm playing in a tournament on Friday that had about 60 something guys in last time. It was the first time they ran it so I'm gonna guess more will come now and it will be in the 80's. It's a 100 dollar buy in but only 75 goes to the pot. The rest goes to all the booze and catered food you can eat and drink. Last time I got 4th and walked out with a little under 500.

Do you drink when you play?

bigmac076 03-07-2007 10:44 AM

Tournnaments are make or break. When I go to Foxwoods I prefer the regular sit-in games, so if youre up alot you can cash in at anytime.

Jughead10 03-07-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 (Post 196831)
Do you drink when you play?

Yeah, not too much though. I know I really shouldn't. But I drink pretty much when I do everything.

RyanLeaf#1 03-07-2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmac076 (Post 196838)
Tournnaments are make or break. When I go to Foxwoods I prefer the regular sit-in games, so if youre up alot you can cash in at anytime.

Plus if the cards are running dry. Depending on the limit your playing you will only lose if your playing 1-2 no limit 3 bucks everytime around. But if your looking to make alot of money in a 7 hour time spand then the tournament is the way to go. But you have to get lucky to win a big tournament because if your not getting the cards your done. Sometimes it doesnt even matter how good you are because the blind levels increase so quickly. All depends on what kind of tournament your joining I guess.

bsaza2358 03-07-2007 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10 (Post 196807)
I'm playing in a tournament on Friday that had about 60 something guys in last time. It was the first time they ran it so I'm gonna guess more will come now and it will be in the 80's. It's a 100 dollar buy in but only 75 goes to the pot. The rest goes to all the booze and catered food you can eat and drink. Last time I got 4th and walked out with a little under 500.

If they're feeding you and giving drinks, I guess that's acceptable. I still think it's a pretty heavy rake, though. I prefer the rake to be less than 20%. The more money in the prize pool, the better.

RyanLeaf#1 03-07-2007 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10 (Post 196851)
Yeah, not too much though. I know I really shouldn't. But I drink pretty much when I do everything.

Yea I try not to either but when im at tournaments like the one you are talking about im the same way. Its impossible not to drink when everyone else is. Its impossible not to drink when noone else is.

Jughead10 03-07-2007 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsaza2358 (Post 196859)
If they're feeding you and giving drinks, I guess that's acceptable. I still think it's a pretty heavy rake, though. I prefer the rake to be less than 20%. The more money in the prize pool, the better.

Its real good food though. I don't think they are really making all that much. There were 6 foot italian subs, trays of hot food. And two hot eastern european foreign girls serving it to us. Obviously purchased from some nice Italian deli.

bsaza2358 03-07-2007 10:58 AM

If you enjoy yourself and consider it worth it, by all means keep going.

RyanLeaf#1 03-07-2007 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsaza2358 (Post 196877)
If you enjoy yourself and consider it worth it, by all means keep going.

Most likely on a Friday night you are going to spend way more than a 100 bucks if you go out drinking. So I think its worth it if you can eat, drink, and play cards and have a chance of walking out of the place with more money in your pocket then you walked in with.

Jughead10 03-07-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 (Post 196882)
Most likely on a Friday night you are going to spend way more than a 100 bucks if you go out drinking. So I think its worth it if you can eat, drink, and play cards and have a chance of walking out of the place with more money in your pocket then you walked in with.

That exactly the way I feel. I get a great meal, all the wine and beer I can drink if I choose, and get to play cards for hours. I got 4th last time and it went from 7pm to 2:30 am. Even if I hadn't won it would have been worth it. Althought I almost chose not to go back because chances are I probably won't be finishing in the top 5 again.

RyanLeaf#1 03-07-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10 (Post 196894)
That exactly the way I feel. I get a great meal, all the wine and beer I can drink if I choose, and get to play cards for hours. I got 4th last time and it went from 7pm to 2:30 am. Even if I hadn't won it would have been worth it. Althought I almost chose not to go back because chances are I probably won't be finishing in the top 5 again.

Just get your moneys worth from eatin and drinkin.

bearsfan_51 03-07-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moc182 (Post 195670)
I was passing by the neighborhood Hot Topic the other day, not sure if you midwesterners have experienced the wonder of Hot Topic, but if you're a 14 year old kid looking to perfect the goth/emo look on a weeks allowance, it's the place to be. But in any event they had a hilarious shirt that read "Liquor in the front, poker in the rear". I think I know what to get you for Christmas.

If you ever compare me to the worthless upper-class suburban emo bitches again I will stalk you down and drink your blood. Mark my words.



"Foreigner? I could barely fit three in her!!!"

bsaza2358 03-07-2007 11:08 AM

Good logic on the cost. I'm just looking at it from a potential winnings/buy in situation. I'd rather buy my own food, not have the option of drinking, and get more equity in the payouts.

KCJ58 03-07-2007 11:09 AM

poker is pretty cool

Jughead10 03-07-2007 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsaza2358 (Post 196908)
Good logic on the cost. I'm just looking at it from a potential winnings/buy in situation. I'd rather buy my own food, not have the option of drinking, and get more equity in the payouts.

I hear that to. But that only works out if you place in the money.

bsaza2358 03-07-2007 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJ58 (Post 196913)
poker is pretty cool

You are a genius


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.