Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Which school? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33890)

7-11 05-20-2009 12:33 AM

Which school?

Arizona, Arkansas, Buffalo State, Clarkson, Clemson, Cornell, Iowa State, Juniata College, Kansas, New Mexico, North Carolina at Wilmington, Northern Arizona, Northern Iowa, Iowa, Ohio, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Wisconsin at Madison, Wisconsin at Platteville, Western Washington.

So what's the common denominator within this list of schools i hear you say? Well these are the schools that my university has exchange programs with.

I'm in the middle of applying as we speak and I've come to the point where i have to list my preferences and i figured who else to ask but the trusted SWDC community!

Now ignore financial issues as i'll be paying the same school fees as i pay here so that is of no concern, the only expenses i'll be paying are accomodation, food etc. The main idea of this 6 month extravaganza is to get excessively drunk, scrape by and pass my classes and just enjoy 6 months of proper college life.

Alright SWDC, lets see where i'm going

EDIT: just read that Wisconsin at Madison and Virginia don't take my major, so they're out

TimD 05-20-2009 12:34 AM

Va Tech and Virginia are beautiful campuses. I have friends at both that really enjoy it.

Juniata is small. Like really small. My cousin went there. Also in the middle of nowhere (20 min from where I go to school)

I've heard good things about Wisconsin (at madison) from a friend.

If you want to party USA style I'd recommend Wisconsin, South Carolina, or Clemson. Of course this is just what I hear from friends or friends of friends.

kwilk103 05-20-2009 12:36 AM

cornell is ivy league

north carolina is a very good school

va tech is a good engineering school

mav91 05-20-2009 12:37 AM

i go to south carolina..it is a fun time but out of your choices nothing to spectacular..clemson would probably be a no go as well

WMD 05-20-2009 12:37 AM

Just stay out of Ohio.

7-11 05-20-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav91 (Post 1668910)
i go to south carolina..it is a fun time but out of your choices nothing to spectacular..clemson would probably be a no go as well

Yeah i was hoping for a much better list when i started this process. Can't really complain but, my school will be paying for the airfares etc.

kwilk103 05-20-2009 12:40 AM

what is your major

thetedginnshow 05-20-2009 12:41 AM

I've heard good things about Western Washington. I know a decent number of people there. Especially good if you like to get high. I also know a girl that goes to Northern Arizona. She didn't seem to really like it.

fenikz 05-20-2009 12:42 AM

NAU(Flagstaff) has a lot of hippies and UofA(Tucson) has a lot of people who drive rice burners

7-11 05-20-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwilk103 (Post 1668915)
what is your major

Economics. Not really concerned with how good the school is in relation to academics but, i wouldn't be going if that was my concern. mainly going to have fun

mav91 05-20-2009 12:43 AM

oh yeah don't get me wrong it is a good list..and south carolina is a good choice if you are interested in international business

TimD 05-20-2009 12:43 AM

nothing beats a big 10 football game! id strongly consider UW

The Dynasty 05-20-2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7-11 (Post 1668904)
The main idea of this 6 month extravaganza is to get excessively drunk, scrape by and pass my classes and just enjoy 6 months of proper college life.

Well if thats the case..Ohio is your best bet. According to the Princeton Review Ohio ranks 5th in Top Party Schools. They are 18th according to playboy U.

CashmoneyDrew 05-20-2009 12:44 AM

Should've made it a poll. I'm not saying you should go to Arizona, but out of that list, it's the one that immediately stuck out to me.

TimD 05-20-2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey (Post 1668925)
Should've made it a poll. I'm not saying you should go to Arizona, but out of that list, it's the one that immediately stuck out to me.

maybe cause it was first :D

YAYareaRB 05-20-2009 12:44 AM

Go to Northern Arizona so I can get you into games.

CashmoneyDrew 05-20-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimDris (Post 1668926)
maybe cause it was first :D

Yup, looking back on that comment now I feel like I phrased that pretty moronically.

But you get what I'm sayin'. :p

TimD 05-20-2009 12:46 AM

id make a poll with the following:

Arizona
Clemson
North Carolina at Wilmington
Iowa
Ohio
South Carolina
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Wisconsin at Madison
Western Washington

(i've also heard things about Iowa from a friend who visited another friend there)

yodabear 05-20-2009 12:46 AM

UW-Platville so u can be like me and be in the UW school system.

thetedginnshow 05-20-2009 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dynasty (Post 1668924)
Well if thats the case..Ohio is your best bet. According to the Princeton Review Ohio ranks 5th in Top Party Schools. They are 18th according to playboy U.

I think they say "O-U OH YEAH!"

7-11 05-20-2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimDris (Post 1668929)
id make a poll with the following:

Arizona
Clemson
North Carolina at Wilmington
Iowa
Ohio
South Carolina
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Wisconsin at Madison
Western Washington

(i've also heard things about Iowa from a friend who visited another friend there)

Yeah but then people might start choosing on the basis of academics and gross things like that, Just want to hear personal accounts of peoples experiences with these schools really

TimD 05-20-2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yodachu (Post 1668930)
UW-Platville so u can be like me and be in the UW school system.

don't let sniper hear you say you don't go to a "main" campus. he'll give you **** for going to UW's "juco"

that pissed me off when he called my school a joke. penn state altoona has higher standards than most of the schools in the US and i get a Penn state degree. plus ill be at upark junior year.

TimD 05-20-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7-11 (Post 1668934)
Yeah but then people might start choosing on the basis of academics and gross things like that, Just want to hear personal accounts of peoples experiences with these schools really

i see what you mean. but i think most users on here would choose based on partying if you labelled that in the poll title. you don't have to im just kinda interested to see what people think haha

yodabear 05-20-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimDris (Post 1668935)
don't let sniper hear you say you don't go to a "main" campus. he'll give you **** for going to UW's "juco"

that pissed me off when he called my school a joke. penn state altoona has higher standards than most of the schools in the US and i get a Penn state degree. plus ill be at upark junior year.

I know, even though we just had a vote to change our name to University of Milwaukee. It failed miserably: I voted against the name change because some felt UW-M looks like a ***** of Madison. We will always kinda be Madison's *****, but u know what? I don't care. UW-system, or UM-something, or Penn St. Altoona are fine places of great place of higher education. Just cuz we may not have huge sports programs, or aren't noticed for certain things does not mean we are "bad" schools.

kalbears13 05-20-2009 01:17 AM

I would go to California but since there aren't any of those I would go to the next closest thing: Arizona. Girls in bikinis almost all year round and it's a big party school.