Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Terrell Owens: my new most hated athlete in pro sports. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34650)

Ozzy 07-22-2009 11:32 AM

Terrell Owens: my new most hated athlete in pro sports.
 
The T.O. Show, what a joke, but what a wonderful representation of one of the biggest fakes to ever play in the NFL.

Sure physically he is as built as they come, but mentally he is weak and that is why he has never really accomplished anything or was the leader on any of the teams he has played on. The guy is selfish, chauvinistic, egotistical and does not back up what he says.

For such a physically strong man, he sure plays a weak brand of football, almost afraid to get physical and aggressive.

He is the prototypical pretty boy, and people that group Randy Moss and Terrell Owens in the same category need to think again.

I love gamers, players that are cocky, confident and flamboyant, but there is a thin line between gamers and players. Gamers love to compete, love the challenge, and love the sport. Players just do what gets them paid and gets them their piece of the pie. Gamers win, players might have success but will never be remember for what they do on the field as much as what they do off of it.

Watching one minute of the T.O. Show was flat out disgusting. It clearly gives a picture to who he is as a person however, no wonder no one follows him, because simply put he is not a winner and is not a gamer. When thinking of the best receivers in NFL history, his name will not come up 20 years from now.



There is a reason he all of a sudden went from one of the biggest markets in football to a small market team in Buffalo. He no longer is an elite player, and good luck making an impact in the playoffs Bills, if you think getting T.O. will help you win a Super Bowl, you have another thing coming.

jballa838 07-22-2009 11:36 AM

I think you are completely off base with this one, basing this on one minute you watched of a VH1 show. Are they going to keep the parts of his life in there that arent entertaining for the average VH1 watcher? No. It's hollywood, not real life.

Also, Little Bear would be a horrible friend, because in his show he is always getting into trouble, only to get out at the last minute.

BuddyCHRIST 07-22-2009 11:38 AM

Have you seen the other gold that is on VH1? Wasn't really expecting this to be any better. I dislike T.O. as well and the show is as fake as it gets, but its what I expected.

Ozzy 07-22-2009 11:45 AM

Well to me the show in a way is kind of the pinnacle point to the fact that in the history of the NFL and the history of sports, he is really no where to be found.

Just for example, I collected images for an outside project, images of flamboyant, dominating, commanding and successful athletes. I never once thought of T.O.

Geo 07-22-2009 11:46 AM

Okay,

#1. This is the coolest thing ever:



You can't even hate this.

#2. My most hated guy in the NFL is Chad Johnson. I detest that idiot/loser/thug/punk with every fiber of my being.

D-Unit 07-22-2009 12:06 PM

But Ozzy... You know you're watching the next episode. ;)

Even if it's just to catch another look at his ex-fiance. :D

regoob2 07-22-2009 12:08 PM

^^^^That was actually pretty funny.

TheBuffaloBills 07-22-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzy (Post 1732342)
When thinking of the best receivers in NFL history, his name will not come up 20 years from now.



I think that is a bit excessive. His name will come up because of his performance, and personality. You can't deny that. He'll most likely retire with the second most receiving TD's. He'll make the Hall of Fame easily. T.O. is one of the most recognizable WR of this era.

phlysac 07-22-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzy (Post 1732342)
For such a physically strong man, he sure plays a weak brand of football, almost afraid to get physical and aggressive.

He is one of the most physical receivers during routes and after the catch.

SuperKevin 07-22-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 1732359)
Okay,

#1. This is the coolest thing ever:



You can't even hate this.

That just made T.O. my favorite player

Brent 07-22-2009 01:16 PM

I watched the whole show. It's totally scripted but made to look real. Also, it's painfully obvious that his publicists are trying oh so hard to get their own show out of this garbage.

yourfavestoner 07-22-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlysac (Post 1732407)
He is one of the most physical receivers during routes and after the catch.

Yeah, when I read that I was like "wtf"? TO has made his living running slants and drags, beating up the DBs who try to bring him down, and getting huge yardage after the catch.

We're talking about a guy who came back from a very bad broken ankle in four weeks and turned in an MVP performance in the Superbowl on one leg.

ChezPower4 07-22-2009 01:19 PM

That Video was surprisingly funny

jballa838 07-22-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 1732447)
I watched the whole show. It's totally scripted but made to look real. Also, it's painfully obvious that his publicists are trying oh so hard to get their own show out of this garbage.

They need less of the annoying girls and more of T.O. and his big black-esque friend. Oh, and more of his ex-fiancee too, and random girls. And more crazy expensive earrings, and anything else that makes this show amazing.

Sniper 07-22-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzy (Post 1732342)
For such a physically strong man, he sure plays a weak brand of football, almost afraid to get physical and aggressive.


trkaline 07-22-2009 02:08 PM

Wow...just wow...I always thought T.O. was the most physical reciever in recent history...but ok.

SeanTaylorRIP 07-22-2009 02:14 PM

I am more annoyed at T.J. Housh who is boycotting against Madden because they gave him a 91, lol. In addition he's mouthing out about the Bengals offense holding him back. He's worse than Ocho or TO, I hope he sucks it up in Seattle.

Shahin 07-22-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 1732359)

#2. My most hated guy in the NFL is Chad Johnson. I detest that idiot/loser/thug/punk with every fiber of my being.

he may be an idiot, loser, and punk, but goddamnit he is no thug.

SuperKevin 07-22-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahin (Post 1732655)
he may be an idiot, loser, and punk, but goddamnit he is no thug.

You come dangerously close to thug status when your teeth are now worth more than a used Toyota

Paranoidmoonduck 07-22-2009 03:47 PM

I tend to reserve my hate for people who actually perpetrate some sort of crime against someone else. Owens is a narcissistic jackass much of the time, but is hardly news. He's been that way since he came into the NFL.

Bengalsrocket 07-22-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperKevin (Post 1732659)
You come dangerously close to thug status when your teeth are now worth more than a used Toyota

Are those removable gold teeth really worth all that much? I doubt it's more valuable than a gold chained necklace with the same volume(?) of gold as the teeth. Are you paying hard to have them fitted?

CC.SD 07-22-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket (Post 1732739)
Are those removable gold teeth really worth all that much? I doubt it's more valuable than a gold chained necklace with the same volume(?) of gold as the teeth. Are you paying hard to have them fitted?

Is this discussion really happening?

trkaline 07-22-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC.SD (Post 1732821)
Is this discussion really happening?

Are you guys playing that game from whose line is it anyway where you can only ask questions?

Malaka 07-22-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trkaline (Post 1732833)
Are you guys playing that game from whose line is it anyway where you can only ask questions?

I don't know maybe?

Whose Line Is It Anyway! FTW I loved that show.

jballa838 07-22-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaka (Post 1732847)
I don't know maybe?

Whose Line Is It Anyway! FTW I loved that show.

Should we be playing that game?

and Who should be the next to get a VH1 show?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.