Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Lions Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   The Official Matt Stafford Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34862)

no bare feet 08-12-2009 02:20 PM

The Official Matt Stafford Thread
 
I think he will be amazing. Anyone else agree? : )

I want a minute by minute update as to what is going on with his life. I heard he is doing quite well during camp, but that is just camp. Good news is better than no news.

Prowler 08-12-2009 07:20 PM

he's pretty much john elway, matt leinart, and jesus rolled into one supreme being. when he isn't busy with football he's partying with hot blondes and saving the state of michigan.

no bare feet 08-13-2009 09:04 AM

What is he doing now?

Xiomera 08-13-2009 01:48 PM

Who's Matt Stafford?

WMD 08-13-2009 06:36 PM

Matt Stafford is the man.

Prowler 08-13-2009 06:43 PM

he's using a yardstick right now to measure himself in the bathroom.

P-L 08-15-2009 09:46 PM

Matthew Stafford > Me

WMD 08-15-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-L (Post 1757289)
Matthew Stafford > Me

Sounded better when Jesus said it.

no bare feet 08-17-2009 01:10 PM

Some of the throws he made in that game were very nice.

Xiomera 08-17-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no bare feet (Post 1758600)
Some of the throws he made in that game were very nice.

See Williams, Derrick touchdown, for reference.

Brothgar 08-20-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiomera (Post 1758602)
See Williams, Derrick touchdown, for reference.

Agreed I was pretty impressed I must say can't wait till the second pre season game where he can go against a real D and actually have more than 1.5 seconds in the pocket.

Oh BTW observe the hotness of my new sig.

no bare feet 08-20-2009 05:05 PM

Gordon Beckham is the Bacon Slayer, I want to come up with a nickname for Stafford. I will be submitting them in this thread from time to time.

no bare feet 08-20-2009 05:10 PM

Red Lion is the right arm member of Voltron.
Mutinus Mutunus God of fertility.
Terminus was the god of boundaries. Festival February 23.

D-Unit 08-20-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no bare feet (Post 1762922)
Gordon Beckham is the Bacon Slayer, I want to come up with a nickname for Stafford. I will be submitting them in this thread from time to time.

Staff Infection - Since he is a bacteria that will plague you for years.

mwahahahahaha.

Xiomera 08-20-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 1763099)
Staff Infection - Since he is a bacteria that will plague you for years.

mwahahahahaha.

KILL THE TROLL!

D-Unit 08-20-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiomera (Post 1763187)
KILL THE TROLL!

Yeah!!! Everybody, Gang up on Xio!!!!

mwuahahahahahaha!!!! :D

Xiomera 08-22-2009 08:31 PM

Stafford even makes his interceptions look good.

hahaha

BRAVEHEART 08-22-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiomera (Post 1765191)
Stafford even makes his interceptions look good.

hahaha

Not to me, but I can't wait till he get's a chance to toss it to Megatron. We got some real bums at the posistion.

Brothgar 08-24-2009 11:40 AM

It seems pretty obvious to me that pep will be starting the season.

Babylon 08-24-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broth223 (Post 1766456)
It seems pretty obvious to me that pep will be starting the season.

As he should, Stafford needs to figure the pace of the pro game like everyone else who comes into the league. I think Ryan and Flacco were in just the right situations to succeed. Historically most of the great ones like Bradshaw, Elway and Aikman all had their growing pains early.

SINCE1978 08-28-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broth223 (Post 1766456)
It seems pretty obvious to me that pep will be starting the season.

sig is sweet bro.

d34ng3l021 08-29-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 1766768)
As he should, Stafford needs to figure the pace of the pro game like everyone else who comes into the league. I think Ryan and Flacco were in just the right situations to succeed. Historically most of the great ones like Bradshaw, Elway and Aikman all had their growing pains early.

Yeah. I hope they bring him along like the Raiders did with Russell or Denver with Cutler. Once playoffs are out of reach and in the 2nd half of the season, Stafford should see some serious action against NFL defenses. He has the tools to make all the throws and now just needs to work on timing with receivers and interpreting defensive schemes.

I am a huge fan of him. Pettigrew is looking solid over the middle for Stafford, too. I think Stafford will be successful.

SINCE1978 08-31-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 (Post 1771396)
Yeah. I hope they bring him along like the Raiders did with Russell or Denver with Cutler. Once playoffs are out of reach and in the 2nd half of the season, Stafford should see some serious action against NFL defenses. He has the tools to make all the throws and now just needs to work on timing with receivers and interpreting defensive schemes.

I am a huge fan of him. Pettigrew is looking solid over the middle for Stafford, too. I think Stafford will be successful.

Really?

Russell/Oakland.
Cutler/Denver.

Not me.
Russell is an 0-4 start away from being replaced by Mr. NFL back-up extraordinaire Jeff Garcia and the Denver vs. Cutler experiment ... well landed him in Chicago.
I hope Matt Stafford plays from the jump and he struggles. Adversity increases our capacity so my wish is he learns the NFL ropes in the pocket and under the rear end of Dom Railoa, not on the sideline with a baseball hat and ear piece in!
He seems to have "it", that I agree with you ... so adversity and losing can be shoulder by this young rising star. DO NOT baby him. He is not a china doll who will break. Play him, build the needed chemistry with Megatron & Pettigrew and watch him grow.

Xiomera 09-03-2009 06:48 PM

Stafford to Calvin is pretty freaking sexy today.

Brothgar 09-03-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiomera (Post 1777139)
Stafford to Calvin is pretty freaking sexy today.

Dizzam I think Calvin is a sex god and he makes me happy in my no no place.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.