Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Broncos Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   I'm ready to eat crow (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35724)

Brothgar 10-05-2009 11:33 AM

I'm ready to eat crow

At the begining of the season I had the Broncos pegged as a lock for a top five pick. Losing a franchise QB an expected move to the 3-4 without a NT all these things seemed to look dim. Now they are 4-0 beating a bunch of lame teams then the Dallas Cowboys. Honestly I though 2-2 preseason. Now it is almost completely ruled out unless they completely **** the rest of the season. I now am ready to dine on the nasty taste of crow.

Timbathia 10-05-2009 05:19 PM

We appreciate other teams supporters admitting they were wrong. Now if only we could get our own supporters to do it (anyone seen Jimmy lately)?

tjsunstein 10-05-2009 05:24 PM

I'm still going to reserve buying this team until after the 4 game stretch coming up. It's a little late, I know, but I will admit they've surpassed my expectation thus far.

Saints-Tigers 10-05-2009 05:25 PM

I dunno how well they will finish the season, but I didn't think they would win 4 all year. Pass me some of that there crow.

fenikz 10-05-2009 05:29 PM

suckers, i said it all off season that they would win the division, was no possible way their defense could be any worse than last year

TitanHope 10-05-2009 06:59 PM

Fightin' Josh McDaniels > Fightin' Jeff Fishas.

Until...

Then it'll be Fightin' Josh McDaniels > Fightin' VYisaGods and Fish Staches...but not by much! :D

Splat 10-05-2009 11:01 PM

I have to admit I'm pretty shocked as well I thought their O would be fine but the D I didn't see coming at all.

Jimmy 10-06-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbathia (Post 1823539)
We appreciate other teams supporters admitting they were wrong. Now if only we could get our own supporters to do it (anyone seen Jimmy lately)?

I'm still not convinced. I was wrong about us winning 3 games (I can't even remember how many wins i predicted, I think I was in the 4-5 neighborhood) Obviously, I think were better than 3-13 now, but i dont think were anything more than a 9-7 team. Were 1-0 against non flop teams where we don't win on a miracle play. 4-0 is 4-0, and we have that much better of a chance of making the playoffs, but I am still used to the Shanahan era. I am used to Denver Broncos teams that start off strong and fade. So, we'll see. This all just feels like deja vu of a few years ago where we had an amazing defense thru the first few weeks. Just being "pessimistic" to avoid a let down. All to familiar. Still, go Broncos.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 10-06-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy (Post 1824537)
I'm still not convinced. I was wrong about us winning 3 games (I can't even remember how many wins i predicted, I think I was in the 4-5 neighborhood) Obviously, I think were better than 3-13 now, but i dont think were anything more than a 9-7 team. Were 1-0 against non flop teams where we don't win on a miracle play. 4-0 is 4-0, and we have that much better of a chance of making the playoffs, but I am still used to the Shanahan era. I am used to Denver Broncos teams that start off strong and fade. So, we'll see. This all just feels like deja vu of a few years ago where we had an amazing defense thru the first few weeks. Just being pessimistic to avoid a let down. All to familiar. Still, go Broncos.

I know how you feel. Orton even looks like Plummer, what with the facial hair and all. And the left handed interceptions. This would be ******* freaky, if we had a backup that was like Jay.

Jimmy 10-11-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan (Post 1825578)
I know how you feel. Orton even looks like Plummer, what with the facial hair and all. And the left handed interceptions. This would be ******* freaky, if we had a backup that was like Jay.

If anyone was wondering why I was so "pessimistic" (realistic), it's because of games like this. Just saying.

Jimmy 10-11-2009 06:36 PM

crow tastes good

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 10-11-2009 06:41 PM

Pass some more over here, please.

jnew76 10-11-2009 06:56 PM

I have always been on McDaniels side as far as the Cutler situation went. Cutler put himself before the team, and that just doesn't fly in the Belichick/McDaniels or even the Parcells philosophy. These are proven winning philosophies in the NFL. I thought the Broncos would be around 8-8. I did not give McDaniels near the credit it look likes he deserves. The Wild Horses package was incredibly efficient today. Orton makes good decisions and has protected the ball. Nolan has implemented his system seamlessly and the personnel has taken to it faster than I thought possible. Lastly, I thought Brandon Marshall was going to maneuver his way out of Denver, and now he is only on his way to a huge payday. McDaniels resolve and belief in himself through offseason adversity seems to have been adopted by this team every Sunday. Very impressive... and congrats to you Broncos fans.

Prowler 10-11-2009 08:02 PM

who would have guessed orton would lead a 98 yard 4th quarter touchdown drive to help send it into overtime? i sure as hell would not have expected it. congrats on 5-0.

Saints-Tigers 10-11-2009 10:56 PM

Just give me the crow raw.

Hell, I'll just bend over, and you can force "feed" me the crow.

I was wrong Josh McDaniels, I was wrong.

Raiderz4Life 10-11-2009 11:00 PM

I never hated McDaniels but I did think he was a huge idiot and the Broncos would suck the big one.....*sigh*.....I would like a deep fried Crow drumstick