Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   NFC East Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Best WR in the NFC East? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36674)

Sniper 11-23-2009 03:03 PM

Best WR in the NFC East?
 
The Best DB in the Beast was a good debate, so let's move on to another good one. Who's the best WR in the NFC East? This should provide some fun debate.

Don Vito 11-23-2009 03:06 PM

I went with DeSean, he is one of the biggest gamebreakers in the league. Pure playmaker.

Hurricanes25 11-23-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 1891421)
I went with DeSean, he is one of the biggest gamebreakers in the league. Pure playmaker.

Agreed. The guy is always making big plays. He has probabaly won some games this year on his own using his speed. He is phenominal.

Giantsfan1080 11-23-2009 03:28 PM

It depends what you're looking for. I'd say right now it's down to Smith and Jackson. Also, Hakeem Nicks should be on this list already. At this time next year I wouldn't be suprise if he was hands down the best. In the end I'll go with Jackson and Smith as a very close 2nd.

Sniper 11-23-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 1891458)
It depends what you're looking for. I'd say right now it's down to Smith and Jackson. Also, Hakeem Nicks should be on this list already. At this time next year I wouldn't be suprise if he was hands down the best. In the end I'll go with Jackson and Smith as a very close 2nd.

Hakeem Nicks isn't even statistically the second-best receiver on his own team, nor is he statistically the top rookie WR in the division. We get it. Giants fans love Nicks. He's not a top-5 WR in the division yet.

DiG 11-23-2009 03:31 PM

right now for me its no argument. your kidding yourself if you vote anyone but desean right now.

Todd Bertuzzi 11-23-2009 03:39 PM

A part of me died when Nicks went to the Giants. You guys got yourselves a keeper. Could end up being the best WR from last year's draft imo.

Giantsfan1080 11-23-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 1891459)
Hakeem Nicks isn't even statistically the second-best receiver on his own team, nor is he statistically the top rookie WR in the division. We get it. Giants fans love Nicks. He's not a top-5 WR in the division yet.

Did I say he was the best now? I said at this time next year it wouldn't suprise me if he was the best and there is nothing wrong with him just being placed on the list. Way to just gloss over that fact after I picked Jackson as the best WR right now.

Sniper 11-23-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 1891491)
Did I say he was the best now? I said at this time next year it wouldn't suprise me if he was the best and there is nothing wrong with him just being placed on the list. Way to just gloss over that fact after I picked Jackson as the best WR right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 1891458)
Hakeem Nicks should be on this list already.

Considering I listed five WRs and then said other, yeah, you did say he's a top-5 WR in the division.

Sniper 11-23-2009 03:48 PM

A little surprised this is such a landslide right now, even with Miles Austin's reduced stats as of late.

Giantsfan1080 11-23-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 1891507)
Considering I listed five WRs and then said other, yeah, you did say he's a top-5 WR in the division.

I'd have Nicks over Manningham.

Rosebud 11-23-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 1891459)
Hakeem Nicks isn't even statistically the second-best receiver on his own team, nor is he statistically the top rookie WR in the division. We get it. Giants fans love Nicks. He's not a top-5 WR in the division yet.

We know he isn't yet the best, but he's worthy of a mention because he more consistently makes a bigger impact than Mario already and is a much bigger playmaker than Steve Smith. Considering how little we go to him he really makes a huge impact and I can't wait until the playoffs when he gets some serious and regular PT under his belt and he moves up the ladder. Thus I think it's debateable as to who is more deserving of the mention between him and Mario, who is going through a bad case of the dropsies so far and has made some other dumb mistakes that Nicks just doesn't make.

Thumper 11-23-2009 05:17 PM

Soon enough this discussion will be between Jeremy Maclin and Hakeem Nicks who are fantastic young receivers, both with bright futures.

eaglesalltheway 11-23-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 1891656)
Soon enough this discussion will be between Jeremy Maclin and Hakeem Nicks who are fantastic young receivers, both with bright futures.

Agreed, Jackson and Austin will be mentioned in there as well. Steve Smith will perpetually be overlooked by most fans, but I love him as a player

Forenci 11-23-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 1891656)
Soon enough this discussion will be between Jeremy Maclin and Hakeem Nicks who are fantastic young receivers, both with bright futures.

My thoughts exactly. Right now it's Jackson without a doubt but in a year or two I can see both Maclin and Nicks being elite/top 10 type wide receivers in the league.

bigbluedefense 11-23-2009 08:13 PM

Its DeSean Jackson and it isn't even close.

The guy can kill you in so many ways. He's absolutely the best, and probably will be the best for years to come.


For the future, I think Nicks and Maclin will put their names on the list, but neither are ready yet. They will have big impacts next year though. Not ready to put them on this list yet.

I don't understand why so few of us Giants fans give Mario any love. I'm a big Mario supporter. I think he gets a bad rep. He's having a much bigger impact than Nicks thus far this season. Nicks has a bright future, but let's put it in perspective. He's not ready yet.

I always felt Austin was a little overrated. Now that he's seeing #1 CBs and help up top, I expect his numbers to drop significantly. Teams have realized that Roy Williams is a joke and they don't have to pay so much attention to him. So the attention has shifted to Austin, and he hasn't responded well to it yet.

I love Smith, but he's no DeSean Jackson. He's a solid number 2 who gets no love, but he is what he is. He's not a true legit #1 WR.

BleedBurgundy96 11-23-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 1891859)
Its DeSean Jackson and it isn't even close.

QFT. Its not even close.

Flyboy 11-23-2009 11:51 PM

DeSean "The Beast" Jackson. Why is this even a thread?

Sniper 11-23-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyboy (Post 1892497)
DeSean "The Beast" Jackson. Why is this even a thread?

Honestly, I thought the voting would be much closer. It wasn't meant to be a "Look how much more awesome my team's WR is than yours" thread, but it looks like it turned out that way.

Thumper 11-24-2009 01:09 AM



I can't believe he is running away with this, I knew he would win, but where is the Steve Smith and Miles Austin love?

eaglesalltheway 11-24-2009 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 1892717)


I can't believe he is running away with this, I knew he would win, but where is the Steve Smith and Miles Austin love?

Or even Santana Moss, and I'm absolutely baffled that DeSean has every vote...

Rosebud 11-24-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 1892717)


I can't believe he is running away with this, I knew he would win, but where is the Steve Smith and Miles Austin love?

Austin has been quiet since taking over the number one role for Dallas and Steve Smith is always going to be ranked under playmakers like DeSean, even if he puts up better numbers on a more consistent basis and is more of a third down lock. It's why Giants fans like BBD say Mario is more important than Smith is or Giants fans like me who argue that considering the opportunities presented to the players Nicks has made a greater impact on our passing game.

D-Unit 11-24-2009 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud (Post 1892839)
Austin has been quiet since taking over the number one role for Dallas and Steve Smith is always going to be ranked under playmakers like DeSean, even if he puts up better numbers on a more consistent basis and is more of a third down lock. It's why Giants fans like BBD say Mario is more important than Smith is or Giants fans like me who argue that considering the opportunities presented to the players Nicks has made a greater impact on our passing game.

Oh? I wasn't aware the Austin took over the number one role for Dallas. Thanks for that insight. Nice to know facts are being discussed here.

I still don't like Desean in the red zone. Thus I'm still on the fence on who the best is. I think Nicks is more complete. Hard for me to bash Austin when all he does is make plays when targeted. Fact is, his targets have been way down and Roy's have gone way up. Final drive when Dallas needed a TD, it was Austin who made big catches.

BleedBurgundy96 11-24-2009 03:17 AM

No offense to Cowboy fans out there but im happy Austin doesnt have a vote. When I saw this thread I was thinking there would be like 10 votes for Austin. I just think he was overhyped after 3 insane games vs IMO weak defenses. The last 3 games for the most part he has been shutdown.

Im not knocking the guy. I think he can be one of the best #2 WRs in the NFL in time. I just think the hype he got was way too much.

Rosebud 11-24-2009 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 1892841)
Oh? I wasn't aware the Austin took over the number one role for Dallas. Thanks for that insight. Nice to know facts are being discussed here.

I still don't like Desean in the red zone. Thus I'm still on the fence on who the best is. I think Nicks is more complete. Hard for me to bash Austin when all he does is make plays when targeted. Fact is, his targets have been way down and Roy's have gone way up. Final drive when Dallas needed a TD, it was Austin who made big catches.

Does Austin or does he not draw coverages more than any WR on your team? Whether you call him a one or not if defenses are treating him as such he is one.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.