Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Diego Chargers Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Tiebreakers? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37106)

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 12-13-2009 05:20 PM

Tiebreakers?

Since Denver and you guys split the head to head and both will most likely have a 5-1 division record, who would win the division if it shakes out that both teams close at 11-5? All of San Diego's remaining games except against Washington are probably 60/40-ish in favour of you guys winning, and I don't think you drop 2 of them, but for the sake of argument let's say. If Denver beats Philly, which is probly 40-60 odds or so, they should be 11-5 to end the season. If you lose to Dallas and beat one of Cincy and Tenn and lose to the other, I think that would leave us with the same conference record as well?

bantx 12-14-2009 02:41 AM

We beat Dallas C:

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 12-14-2009 11:19 AM

Alright so I think then if you lose to Cincy and Tennessee, and we finish 11-5 as well, we win the division because one of our losses came from the NFC. Time to break out the voodoo dolls :)

San Diego Chicken 12-14-2009 03:09 PM

If that happens, do you go back to being fullyabroncosfan?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 12-14-2009 03:42 PM

Nah, JBizzle won't let me change my name :(

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 12-21-2009 12:05 AM

****.aaaaa

bantx 12-21-2009 12:19 AM

haha Win the division and secure the bye week woo!

CC.SD 12-30-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantx (Post 1933643)
haha Win the division and secure the bye week woo!

Woo indeed who needs a tiebreaker.

BTW is there a better stretch of 3 wins than @Dallas, Cincy, @TN in the NFL? I think not. Throw in the rest of the NFC East and I might finally be on the Super Bowl wagon. For most of this year I have thought we were extremely good but probably a draft, and Jamal Williams, away from being championship caliber but honestly nothing Rivers does surprises me anymore, and suddenly winning 3 games in the postseason doesn't seem so impossible.

San Diego Chicken 01-03-2010 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC.SD (Post 1944807)
Woo indeed who needs a tiebreaker.

BTW is there a better stretch of 3 wins than @Dallas, Cincy, @TN in the NFL? I think not. Throw in the rest of the NFC East and I might finally be on the Super Bowl wagon. For most of this year I have thought we were extremely good but probably a draft, and Jamal Williams, away from being championship caliber but honestly nothing Rivers does surprises me anymore, and suddenly winning 3 games in the postseason doesn't seem so impossible.

For the duration of this season we are resigned to the facts that -

1) The passing game will be in rhythm and able to keep pace in an offensive game.

2) The defense is good, but the foundation (read: DL) isn't good enough to prevent teams from gaining lots of yards, if not points.

That leaves the wild card: the Charger running game, which has been awful for the vast majority of the year, but finally Hardwick is healthy and playing. That's mainly what I'll be watching in this last game, how good and sharp Hardwick and the running game look.

If we're projecting ahead to a Chargers/N.E. or Chargers/Indy matchup, it will be a game that most likely has 50+ points scored, so whichever team can keep the ball away from the other will have the advantage.

bantx 01-03-2010 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken (Post 1948812)
For the duration of this season we are resigned to the facts that -

1) The passing game will be in rhythm and able to keep pace in an offensive game.

2) The defense is good, but the foundation (read: DL) isn't good enough to prevent teams from gaining lots of yards, if not points.

That leaves the wild card: the Charger running game, which has been awful for the vast majority of the year, but finally Hardwick is healthy and playing. That's mainly what I'll be watching in this last game, how good and sharp Hardwick and the running game look.

If we're projecting ahead to a Chargers/N.E. or Chargers/Indy matchup, it will be a game that most likely has 50+ points scored, so whichever team can keep the ball away from the other will have the advantage.

Our defense has been playing a lot better than I expected, but still not good enough. Our run D is surprisingly decent at some times; the cowboys game where we stopped Marion Barber at the goal line multiple times. But even though that was just one series and the next where Felix and Barber drove down field on us it shows that we can actually stop the run. With injuries and all with the bye week secure hopefully we can go into the playoffs strong. I'm not too worried about our Offense even with no run game, its hard for the defense to match up with our Tall WRs+Gates.