Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Julius Jones Trade Rumor (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3741)

Ronnie23 03-12-2007 01:42 PM

Julius Jones Trade Rumor

www.si.com NFL Rumors

With the Lack of Depth of the Buffalo Bills and the Green Bay Packers, Those 2 teams should make a push to trade for him. Maybe a 3rd ou 4th rounder ?

Thoughts ?

duckseason 03-12-2007 01:44 PM

Change the thread title.

edit- Thank you

Space Ghost 03-12-2007 01:46 PM

I think that the Buffalo - Dallas offer was Jones to Buffalo and then swap 1st round picks, I would assume Buffalo would also pick up another selection from Dallas because I don't think that Jones is worth the 48th pick in the draft considering what we got for McGahee. If we got something else it would probably be a 4th or 3rd round pick or a future selection. I wouldn't trade our second for Jones and that is pretty much what that trade would be.

bsaza2358 03-12-2007 01:47 PM

Based on the market value of guys like Thomas Jones and Willis McGahee, who are a little older, JJ is likely to fetch a late 3rd or a 4th rounder for his services. I'm sure he can find a home somewhere, but I'm not certain that Dallas won't just cut him. That could erode his value.

hugegmenfan 03-12-2007 01:48 PM

haha i would want the giants to take him for a 4th round pick anyday

Sveen 03-12-2007 01:49 PM

With Buffalo having such a good shot at getting Peterson in the Draft I think it's more likely they put their effort into securing him than trade for Jones.

etk 03-12-2007 01:49 PM

This makes the Giants look foolish for getting Droughns. Especially if it takes them out of the Jones market. My money's on Buffalo.

bsaza2358 03-12-2007 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sveen (Post 212176)
With Buffalo having such a good shot at getting Peterson in the Draft I think it's more likely they put their effort into securing him than trade for Jones.

How do you figure Buffalo has a good chance at getting Peterson? He's top 5 talent, and somehow they'll get him at #12? That makes no sense at all.

Jughead10 03-12-2007 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etk (Post 212177)
This makes the Giants look foolish for getting Droughns. Especially if it takes them out of the Jones market. My money's on Buffalo.

They could still get Jones and keep Droughns. We are paying Droughns basically nothing as of now. And he could be cut next year with no cap hit. Julius is a much better fit when looking for a compliment to Jacobs. I doubt Dallas would trade him to the Giants anyway. Which probably played a part in making a move for Droughns.

hugepunch 03-12-2007 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etk (Post 212177)

why would dallas want to trade jones to a division rival. that would be stupid.

bsaza2358 03-12-2007 01:57 PM

Agreed. The price for Jones to the Giants would likely be a second rounder.

D-Unit 03-12-2007 02:00 PM

Prediction: Julius Jones will be traded on draft day.

stephenson86 03-12-2007 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsaza2358 (Post 212186)
How do you figure Buffalo has a good chance at getting Peterson? He's top 5 talent, and somehow they'll get him at #12? That makes no sense at all.

because the 11 teams before them have more glaring needs than running back?

Sveen 03-12-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Oakland: Signed Rhodes.
Detroit: Singed Bell and Duckett.
Cleveland: Signed Lewis.
Tampa Bay: Got Williams.
Arizona: Got James. Might be looking at AD.
Washington: Got Portis and Betts.
Minnesota: Got Taylor and HC is not a fan of a 2-back system I believe.
Houston: Signed Green.
Miami: Got Brown.
Atlanta: Might pick up AD if available.
San Francisco: Got Gore.
Buffalo: Wants AD ;)

As you can see there is a pretty good chance Adrian Peterson could fall to Buffalo at #12. If they trade up before Atlanta I would say it's the most probable outcome.

PACKmanN 03-12-2007 02:04 PM

Prediction: This is nothing but fake, they need the 2 back system.

hugepunch 03-12-2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PACKmanN (Post 212230)

agreed but if they got a 2nd rounder for him which they probably could not. the boys could get some1 better.

princefielder28 03-12-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

I thought the same thing when I read it

princefielder28 03-12-2007 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PACKmanN (Post 212230)

it's legit b/c Barber showed he can be a good back in these league and then a back in the draft could be their #2

toonsterwu 03-12-2007 02:12 PM

If they deal Jones, I don't think it'll happen until it gets close to draft day, because I think they'd be moving up to position themselves for a running back in such a move. Barber's nice, but I don't think anyone sees him as a legit lead back and he needs someone else to work with, if not to be the number 2 to.

D-Unit 03-12-2007 02:21 PM

I don't belive Barber to be a lead back. He could be enjoying the same glory/hype as Troy Hambrick did averaging 4.8 behind Emmitt.

Barber is good. If we trade Julius, I want Antonio Pittman. Pittman is tough and has the ability to take it the distance. Would be a nice compliment to Barber.

clumping platelets 03-12-2007 02:23 PM

Bills just re-signed A-Train but if Peterson were available at #12, I suspect they would draft him.

As for Julius Jones, I wouldn't give up more than a 4th..........Cowboys do not use him at the goalline for a reason

draftguru151 03-12-2007 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toonsterwu (Post 212266)
If they deal Jones, I don't think it'll happen until it gets close to draft day, because I think they'd be moving up to position themselves for a running back in such a move. Barber's nice, but I don't think anyone sees him as a legit lead back and he needs someone else to work with, if not to be the number 2 to.

Send Jones and #22 to GB for #16? Maybe throw in a late rounder? Assuming Lynch is still there. Sound like an option maybe?

bsaza2358 03-12-2007 02:23 PM

I would assume Dallas would use Jones as a chip to move up in the draft. Obviously, they have some sort of plan here in terms of how they want the offense to run. While JJ doesn't fit their plans, he is a capable player and is still on his rookie contract.

PACKmanN 03-12-2007 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 212265)
it's legit b/c Barber showed he can be a good back in these league and then a back in the draft could be their #2

no he hasnt he has never proven he can take the load.

hugepunch 03-12-2007 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 212314)
I don't belive Barber to be a lead back. He could be enjoying the same glory/hype as Troy Hambrick did averaging 4.8 behind Emmitt.

Barber is good. If we trade Julius, I want Antonio Pittman. Pittman is tough and has the ability to take it the distance. Would be a nice compliment to Barber.

what about bush d-unit, hes going to be a real good pro back. i see you like pittman though. kenny irons would be a good compliment too, plus him and owens would get along nicely. you see the skills challenge on espn? lol how irons was acting haha. hes funny as it gets.